Report issues here

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
LiquidPolicenaut
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Policenauts, Lunar:TSS, Lunar:EB
PSN: LiquidSnake2047
Xbox Live: LiquidSnake2047

Re: Report issues here

Post by LiquidPolicenaut »

slowbeef wrote:
Souther wrote:Guess I'm gonna have to play this on epsxe which is cool and all because of mouse support but i reallywanted to just be able to play this on my PS2.
One of our testers really did get it working on his modded PS2, but I personally didn't have one - I've only done the PSP and PS1 patch playthroughs myself.

I can confirm that the burnt disc does indeed play with no problems in a PS2..
Souther
PSN: Cyclonus

Post by Souther »

Hmmm interesting.

Well I am using very good media(Ritek) So I am not sure what the problem is.

No Biggie. I'll just play it on the PC and PSP. As long as I can play it
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

It works better on real hardware as a matter of fact. Your isos might be bad dumps or corrupted, it is either that or try burning it at 4x or less. I played it completely on a PS1.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jabun

Post by Jabun »

the Snatcher wrote:Help, I keep getting this error whenever I try to patch it.

I'm getting this same error. My files are named Policenauts1.iso and Policenauts2.iso. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have xdelta, the two Policenauts iso's, the patch.bat, and patch1.xht, patch2.xht all in the same folder.

I used Alchohol 52% to create the iso's. Should I have used IsoBuster instead?
AsceticWanderer
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Xbox Live: Raidou10k

Post by AsceticWanderer »

Just got a new error message, w00t....
xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL
-I'm on an Athlon-based machine, and I did the whole "-n" thing to avoid the checksum error.
-I made my ISOs by converting them from .bin files with AnyToISO
-My Disk 1 ISO is 651,104,256 bytes large (620 MB)
-My Disk 2 ISO is 533,686,272 bytes large (508 MB)
LiquidPolicenaut
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Policenauts, Lunar:TSS, Lunar:EB
PSN: LiquidSnake2047
Xbox Live: LiquidSnake2047

Post by LiquidPolicenaut »

I just did a quick video to show the whole process from ripping the discs to patching them. Uploading to YouTube in a few....
Jabun

Post by Jabun »

That's a great idea Liquid. Thanks.
Souther

Post by Souther »

Artemio wrote:It works better on real hardware as a matter of fact. Your isos might be bad dumps or corrupted, it is either that or try burning it at 4x or less. I played it completely on a PS1.
I don't see how burning them @ 4x speed is going to make much difference. I have backups of my Saturn, Sega CD and PCE-CD games and they all run perfectly fine in real hardware when I burnt them at 16X.

Unless the PS1/PS2 has a weaker laser than what are in those machines then I guess the Iso's to begin with were not super good rips.

I will probably end up just picking policenauts PS1 off ebay and doing a better rip of it.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Just a heads up: LiquidPolicenaut (from here) has uploaded a video on how to seamlessly create a patch with no problems (use ImgBurn).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V-NTiNIb0s[/youtube]
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Souther wrote:
Artemio wrote:It works better on real hardware as a matter of fact. Your isos might be bad dumps or corrupted, it is either that or try burning it at 4x or less. I played it completely on a PS1.
I don't see how burning them @ 4x speed is going to make much difference. I have backups of my Saturn, Sega CD and PCE-CD games and they all run perfectly fine in real hardware when I burnt them at 16X.

Unless the PS1/PS2 has a weaker laser than what are in those machines then I guess the Iso's to begin with were not super good rips.

I will probably end up just picking policenauts PS1 off ebay and doing a better rip of it.
I believed the exact same thing you do... but experience showed me otherwise.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Souther

Post by Souther »

Artemio wrote:
Souther wrote:

I believed the exact same thing you do... but experience showed me otherwise.
Is this in terms of PS1?

I believe the most important part of making sure the games work is if they are ripped properly in the 1st place. I don't believe the burning @ 4x or 16x is going to be the deal breaker.

Because if the burning was the deal breaker I don't understand how my burns work perfectly fine without any music or sound or video issues whatsoever in any of my systems besides this game on my PS2.

Personally I believe the Iso's were probably bad rips to begin with but ePSXe is definitely more forgiving than real PS1/PS2 hardware.

Regardless, I don't have anymore cd-r's to test anyways...I used my last 2 trying to burn a working disc 1.

I guess the test of burn speed is going to have to wait until more cd-r's are purchased.
Last edited by Souther on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jamesb2147
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (MSX2, PSX, SCD)
Policenauts (PSX)
MGS/2/3/4
Lunar Knights
ZoE
PSN: jamesb2147

Post by jamesb2147 »

ok, i think i've found a new issue. i'm trying to run this on a dell mini 10 (atom 1.33ghz, intel/powervr gma500) and i've tried both the opengl and software renderer from Pete. probably irrelevant since both popped up with the same error: "Error running ePSXe" (window title) "ePSXe: Opcode [00-00000001] in PC [bfc00020] UNKNOWN [00000000:001:2130]"

file size of discs is 747,752,544 bytes (actual not disk) for unpatched and 748,928,544 bytes patched.

help? ideas?

UPDATE: sorry, looks like it was a bad BIOS. i realllllly need to get better at bug-hunting :roll:
Last edited by jamesb2147 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Souther wrote: Is this in terms of PS1?

I believe the most important part of making sure the games work is if they are ripped properly in the 1st place. I don't believe the burning @ 4x or 16x is going to be the deal breaker.

Because if the burning was the deal breaker I don't understand how my burns work perfectly fine without any music or sound or video issues whatsoever in any of my systems besides this game on my PS2.

Personally I believe the Iso's were probably bad rips to begin with but ePSXe is definitely more forgiving than real PS1/PS2 hardware.
As as said before, I believed the exact same thing until my Policenauts disc didn't load certain scenes. I left it running with the error message and retrying while I burnt a 4x disc, ejected the first burned copy and placed the newer one. voila, it read without problems.

The thing is: don't preach that it is not an issue if it hasn't happened to you, I've seen in happen. Maybe you have a greta burner that ps1s like, who knows. It is a possible issue, please don't confuse people even more.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

jamesb2147 wrote:ok, i think i've found a new issue. i'm trying to run this on a dell mini 10 (atom 1.33ghz, intel/powervr gma500) and i've tried both the opengl and software renderer from Pete. probably irrelevant since both popped up with the same error: "Error running ePSXe" (window title) "ePSXe: Opcode [00-00000001] in PC [bfc00020] UNKNOWN [00000000:001:2130]"

file size of discs is 747,752,544 bytes (actual not disk) for unpatched and 748,928,544 bytes patched.

help? ideas?
That's either an emulator issue or something happening in your specific machine.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Souther

Post by Souther »

Artemio wrote:
Souther wrote: Is this in terms of PS1?

As as said before, I believed the exact same thing until my Policenauts disc didn't load certain scenes. I left it running with the error message and retrying while I burnt a 4x disc, ejected the first burned copy and placed the newer one. voila, it read without problems.

The thing is: don't preach that it is not an issue if it hasn't happened to you, I've seen in happen. Maybe you have a greta burner that ps1s like, who knows. It is a possible issue, please don't confuse people even more.

Well I do believe I have the right to my opinion. And it is a possible issue I won't deny that. Not all burners
are equal.

I don't think I am confusing anybody here. Everyone that is playing this game on hardware has ripped it and burned at anywhere from 4x-52x...who knows.

But until i can actually get a 100% 1:1 rip of this game and burn it @ 16X and still have the same error, I am leaving the door open concerning burning speed.

Also...I don't have a 4x burner. It only does 16X-52X...so my options there are kinda limited.

So....I'll leave it at that. No point going back and forth. I'll post again here when I can test it
Supergrom
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
MGS 1
MGS 2
Xbox Live: Helga03

Post by Supergrom »

Henry Spencer wrote:
seraphssavior wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:Hey guys, I've had the opposite effect from most of you in this thread claiming that the E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in causes the game to crash at shooting sequences. In fact, when I try and use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 at all, it crashes right off the bat. The E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in actually works smoothly on my end...
Once I'm done patching, I have these two files called "policenauts_English1" and "Policenauts_English 2" iso files, along with the original ISO files.

Don't know what to do from here.
Are they the same size as the original iso files? If so, you can play the games right away! :mrgreen:

(Remember, when you choose an iso file, choose the "Policenauts_english1").

Which version of ePSXe are you using?
The latest version 1.70, however, I believe this could actually be something to do with me mounting the .iso with DAEMON tools. Maybe? :/
Just to let you guys know, I had the exact same freezing issue in ePSXe 1.70 after the shooting range. I haven't had time to try any other plugins or anything, or mounting the iso with daemon tools, but I am a confirmed 2nd case of that bug.

EDIT: also a confirmed case of Pete's OpenGL plugin working to get through the shooting range sequence. I'm planning on doing as you suggest and using petes until the epilogue.
Last edited by Supergrom on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Souther wrote:
Well I do believe I have the right to my opinion. And it is a possible issue I won't deny that. Not all burners
are equal.

I don't think I am confusing anybody here. Everyone that is playing this game on hardware has ripped it and burned at anywhere from 4x-52x...who knows.
Indeed, you have a right to give your opinion. But not to dismiss facts that happened to several of us while we were developing the patch, just wanted to point out that for people having that issue so they don't discard that as a big possibility.

Good luck ripping the game, ripping it with Isobuster with my previously described method always gave me the images with the same MD5's that coincided with several other testers and members.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Bosmonaut

Post by Bosmonaut »

Hi there, first time poster, here as a result of the fantastic translation patch news of course! I'm currently having some issues running the patched version on my PSP Phat. I patched up the ISOs no problem, generated the EBOOT files using Prometeus (on a Mac) and the first disc EBOOT runs a treat, Konami logo, opening intro, perfect. However, once I reach the title menu and select 'new game', a prompt appears to 'insert disc 1', with the only option (already highlighted) stating 'OK'. Whichever buttons I try to use to clear it, the prompt will disappear for a split second then reappear. The EBOOT I'm running is definitely of the first disc, although I should point out that due to the size of the memory card I am using (a lowly 1GB), I can't have both EBOOT files on it at the same time.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? I'm convinced the ISOs are patched correctly and the EBOOTs are sound, it's just this darned disc message that's stopping me from enjoying Policenauts after all these years! :D

Again, many thanks to the dedicated team involved in making this all happen.
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker

Post by slowbeef »

Wow, I never heard of that one.

Hmmm. What are you using to create the EBOOT? I used PopStation 3.0 and selected Policenauts [Disc1of3] as the game name.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Supergrom wrote: Just to let you guys know, I had the exact same freezing issue in ePSXe 1.70 after the shooting range. I haven't had time to try any other plugins or anything, or mounting the iso with daemon tools, but I am a confirmed 2nd case of that bug.

EDIT: also a confirmed case of Pete's OpenGL plugin working to get through the shooting range sequence. I'm planning on doing as you suggest and using petes until the epilogue.
Ok, just beat the game. Doing what I suggested works in ePSXe 1.6.0. The game is completable using OpenGL2, and the credits work using E}I{'s plug-in. However, there was no music during the credits. Can anyone else confirm to see if this is a general error, or one just on my end? I was using the E}I{ video plug-in for the epilogue, and Eternal SPU Plug-in 1.41 for the Sound. Don't know which was causing the problem, or if it was something else entirely.
Spoiler:
I especially enjoyed the additional credits...but hey, you guys deserve to be in there.
The scene after the credits worked, though.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
BTails
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid Trilogy
Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Zone of the Enders
Snatcher
Policenauts

Post by BTails »

First off, thank you VERY much for all the hard work you've all put into this patch! I've just been havign a bit of a problem playing the game on my modded PS1. It seems to have patched fine, and is working in ePSXe, but I want to play it on my actual PS1. So I burned the first disc using Alcohol 120%, making sure to change the setting to Playstation. It seemed to work fine, but when I put the disc in, there was no sound during the Konami logo, or the pre-title video (Flashes of the space shuttle and crew, etc...). The game seemed to be working fine after that (sound and everything), but I only watched half the opening before turning it off. I've been waiting to experience the game for the first time fully translated, so I want to make sure that it's working okay before I really get into it.

Have you guys heard of this problem before, or know why it wouldn't be working correctly? Thanks a million.
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker

Post by slowbeef »

Yeah, I think I mentioned this in the README, but try doing your burn at 1x speed. Truly 1x, mind you - does your burner support a speed that low?

Mine didn't and I had to burn the CD-R on a friend's.
BugzInDaCode
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Snatcher SegaCD version
Policenauts PSX Version
PSN: BugzInDaCode

Post by BugzInDaCode »

Hello Everyone. I'm new here

First off, I want to thank the team for all of their hard work. I've been a fan of Hideo Kojima ever since I first played MGS1 back in '99 and it's great to finally be able to play this "Lost Classic".

Now on to the bug report. I also posted this at SlowBeef's Youtube video of the game's intro but i think it will get a lot more views here. I ripped and patched my game with no problems and I'm currently mired in Act 2. But this is something I noticed at the title screen. In the unpatched game there is a scrolling text intro that plays if you let the game sit at the title screen after the Intro FMV. In the Patched game this intro is no longer present. The game just loops back to the Konami logo. This intro is redundant and spoils the prologue. I guess my question is: Did you guys cut this intro or is it a bug?

Again thanks for all the had work,

Bugs
BTails
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid Trilogy
Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Zone of the Enders
Snatcher
Policenauts

Post by BTails »

slowbeef wrote:Yeah, I think I mentioned this in the README, but try doing your burn at 1x speed. Truly 1x, mind you - does your burner support a speed that low?

Mine didn't and I had to burn the CD-R on a friend's.
Thanks. Yeah, my burner's slower speed is 10x (I remember years ago I had to use my really old desktop with an ancient burner to burn games at 1x speed). As long as the Konami logo and the intro (The XA movie) is the only thing that will have no sound, I'm completely fine with that. It'll certainly be a better experience than my first time playing Metal Gear 2, haha.

Thanks again. I'm glad I have tomorrow off :P
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

BugzInDaCode wrote:In the unpatched game there is a scrolling text intro that plays if you let the game sit at the title screen after the Intro FMV. In the Patched game this intro is no longer present. The game just loops back to the Konami logo. This intro is redundant and spoils the prologue. I guess my question is: Did you guys cut this intro or is it a bug?
This was cut, because as you mentioned, it is completely redundant and contains spoilers. :)