Report issues here

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Teh Snatcher

Re: Report issues here

Post by Teh Snatcher »

^ yes I did.
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Post by slowbeef »

Souther wrote:Guess I'm gonna have to play this on epsxe which is cool and all because of mouse support but i reallywanted to just be able to play this on my PS2.
One of our testers really did get it working on his modded PS2, but I personally didn't have one - I've only done the PSP and PS1 patch playthroughs myself.
epitaph
Runner
Favorite Game: Deus Ex
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (SCD, US)
Policenauts (PC-98)
Policenauts (3DO)
Policenauts (PS1)
Policenauts (Saturn)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1, EU)
Metal Gear Solid: Integral (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2, US)

Post by epitaph »

FYI:

ePSXe with the e}I{-GPU plugin will crash hard when playing the shooting simulation after you've been handed your report card and it's supposed to take you back to the main game. Switching to another plugin worked remedied this (thank you, autosave!).
Last edited by epitaph on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The west, so afraid of powerful government, now has no government. Only financial power."

Localization, not translation.

It is a title screen.
Something pushes a button.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Ok, I just finished Disc 1 in ePSXe. Using the E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in causes issues in a few of the shooting segments, causing the game to freeze at the conclusion of them, and causing graphical glitches during the one I mentioned earlier.

I still need to test out disc 2, but this is how I'm thinking the optimal way to play it is:

Use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 for the numbered acts and the prologue, then switch to E}I{'s plug-in for the Epilogue, so that the credits will roll properly. I don't know how the E}I{ plug-in will affect other aspects of the game, and I don't feel like testing it out in every "once-occuring" situation...I'd have hated to finish the infamous scene, just to have the game freeze on me.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
dairugger

Post by dairugger »

man ive been trying to patch my isos all day. keep getting errors saying "xd3_invalid_input (checksum) error.

i also tried using all versions of xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe, but it says "xdelta3 input read failed not enough storage" before the windows closes really fast.

ive also been using isobuster to convert it to "extract cd image" to "raw bin/iso"

any help??

ill be playing this on my psp when i can successfully convert it.
Renard
Favorite Game: Vampire the masquerade bloodlines

Post by Renard »

Damn I played it for about an hour and saved at the shooting range, all this with epsxe. Everything in the game displayed fine and played fine. However when I tried to re-load the game, my saves were all gone! I booted epsxe with the BIOS and the Policenauts save just isn't there.

I even made a search for all of my HDDs for .mcr files and the one I used for epsxe is the only one that has been modified today.

What the hell has been going on...

Of course ultimately I wasted little time, and I could use save states, but apparently I still need to save to a memory card in order to switch discs with an epsxe playthrough, don't I?
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Post by slowbeef »

Try disabling the checksum test by adding a "-n" to the xdelta command.

xdelta -n -d -f -s Policenauts1.iso policenauts_final001.xdt Policenauts_English1.iso

Also, Renard, yes, you will need memory card saves. Look in the memcards directory of ePSXe. You should see two files epsxe000.mcr and epsxe001.mcr. Are they there?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

dairugger wrote:man ive been trying to patch my isos all day. keep getting errors saying "xd3_invalid_input (checksum) error.

i also tried using all versions of xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe, but it says "xdelta3 input read failed not enough storage" before the windows closes really fast.

ive also been using isobuster to convert it to "extract cd image" to "raw bin/iso"

any help??

here you go:
Zhuk wrote:Solution to Checksum Problems from NeoGAF:

I've found a solution, but it involves getting your fingers dirty and using the DOS prompt.

Firstly, rip your Policenauts CDs using IsoBuster as in Mr. Hyde's post. Put the disc into the PC's DVD drive, then open IsoBuster. From there, you should see a content tree with "Session 01" and "Track 01" on the left hand side; that's what's on your CD. Right-click on the "Track 01" entry, select "Extract Data", then select the bottommost option, "Extract RAW data (2532 bytes per...er, sector, or something, I can't remember). Let it rip, and you'll get a usable .iso for your trouble.

Secondly, make sure your .iso files are named Policenauts1.iso and Policenauts2.iso, and that these files are placed in the same folder as the patch files and the xdelta application.

Then, go to the Start menu, click the Run button, type "cmd" into the dialog box that opens and click Enter, navigate to that directory (by typing "cd [exact location of directory with patch and .iso's, beginning with the root drive]") and, when the DOS prompt gets there, type these instructions:

xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -n -f -d -s Policenauts1.iso policenauts_patch1.xdt Policenauts_English1.iso
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -n -f -d -s Policenauts2.iso policenauts_patch2.xdt Policenauts_English2.iso

You see, there's a bug in xdelta that makes it not work properly with Athlon CPUs (something to do with checksums, I can't wrap my head around that stuff, don't ask me), and the "-n" command bypasses the checksum verification process. This will probably work on Intel systems too, but I can't confirm that.

And remember to always burn the .iso's to CD at the slowest speed possible! I had sound and loading problems up the wazoo with mine until I figured it out! Though I still don't get any sound on the intro movie for some reason. Everything else works fine; can anyone help?
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Renard
Favorite Game: Vampire the masquerade bloodlines

Post by Renard »

Oh well, sorry, it looks like this was because I was playing the game off a USB stick, and somehow some of the folders were set to read only. Now starting another game seems to work fine

Weird though how the save state function doesn't seem to work. Anyhow I'll keep my fingers crossed. :lol:
gufino2

Post by gufino2 »

I had the checksum problem on both discs and I solved it recompiling xdelta from latest sources instead of using the pre-built executable. This way it worked for me even without using the extra command line option needed to switch off checksum check. I built it using MS' Visual C++ 2008 express edition.

About the NeoGAF workaround: sure it is correct but wouldn't it be WAY easier (for people not used to CLI stuff) to just say:
)right click on file Patch.bat and select Edit
)add -n to the two lines:
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe etc etc
)save the file
)execute patch.bat

this way you can avoid using command prompt, the damn black windows that frightens every not-too-hardcore windows user (or young users that never had a chance to work with ms-dos) :mrgreen:

About ISO files: imho the checksum problem is 99% an XDELTA issue, it doesn't really matter which software you use to create isos, it just needs to be a mode2-2352 bytes/sector track.
Souther
PSN: Cyclonus

Post by Souther »

I knew it wasn't my Iso file...Because every damn Iso file for Disc 2 are all 598,541 KB
LiquidPolicenaut
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Policenauts, Lunar:TSS, Lunar:EB
PSN: LiquidSnake2047
Xbox Live: LiquidSnake2047

Post by LiquidPolicenaut »

Ok, I was gonna start this as a new thread but it's easier to post it here. To rip the cd's with no problem, I just use ImgBurn and highly recommend it. It rips it with no hassle and automatically recognizes it as a Playstation CD. All you have to do is specify to save it as a .iso file and..voila!..you are done. Throw it in the folder with your patches and xdelta, run the .bat file and you got Policenauts in English! :)
Teh Snatcher

Post by Teh Snatcher »

Once I'm done patching, I have these two files called "policenauts_English1" and "Policenauts_English 2" iso files, along with the original ISO files.

Don't know what to do from here.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Hey guys, I've had the opposite effect from most of you in this thread claiming that the E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in causes the game to crash at shooting sequences. In fact, when I try and use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 at all, it crashes right off the bat. The E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in actually works smoothly on my end...
Once I'm done patching, I have these two files called "policenauts_English1" and "Policenauts_English 2" iso files, along with the original ISO files.

Are they the same size as the original iso files? If so, you can play the games right away! :mrgreen:

(Remember, when you choose an iso file, choose the "Policenauts_english1").
dairugger

Post by dairugger »

Artemio wrote:
dairugger wrote:man ive been trying to patch my isos all day. keep getting errors saying "xd3_invalid_input (checksum) error.

any help??

here you go:
Zhuk wrote:Solution to Checksum Problems from NeoGAF:

I've found a solution, but it involves getting your fingers dirty and using the DOS prompt.

Firstly, rip your Policenauts CDs using IsoBuster as in Mr. Hyde's post. Put the disc into the PC's DVD drive, then open IsoBuster. From there, you should see a content tree with "Session 01" and "Track 01" on the left hand side; that's what's on your CD. Right-click on the "Track 01" entry, select "Extract Data", then select the bottommost option, "Extract RAW data (2532 bytes per...er, sector, or something, I can't remember). Let it rip, and you'll get a usable .iso for your trouble.

Secondly, make sure your .iso files are named Policenauts1.iso and Policenauts2.iso, and that these files are placed in the same folder as the patch files and the xdelta application.

Then, go to the Start menu, click the Run button, type "cmd" into the dialog box that opens and click Enter, navigate to that directory (by typing "cd [exact location of directory with patch and .iso's, beginning with the root drive]") and, when the DOS prompt gets there, type these instructions:

xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -n -f -d -s Policenauts1.iso policenauts_patch1.xdt Policenauts_English1.iso
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -n -f -d -s Policenauts2.iso policenauts_patch2.xdt Policenauts_English2.iso

You see, there's a bug in xdelta that makes it not work properly with Athlon CPUs (something to do with checksums, I can't wrap my head around that stuff, don't ask me), and the "-n" command bypasses the checksum verification process. This will probably work on Intel systems too, but I can't confirm that.

And remember to always burn the .iso's to CD at the slowest speed possible! I had sound and loading problems up the wazoo with mine until I figured it out! Though I still don't get any sound on the intro movie for some reason. Everything else works fine; can anyone help?
That worked perfectley! Many, Many thanks!

and to the team, thanks from the bottom of my heart- ive been waiting to play this game for over 10 years! youve made my dream come true!
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

slowbeef wrote:
Souther wrote:Guess I'm gonna have to play this on epsxe which is cool and all because of mouse support but i reallywanted to just be able to play this on my PS2.
One of our testers really did get it working on his modded PS2, but I personally didn't have one - I've only done the PSP and PS1 patch playthroughs myself.

I am unable to get it working on my ps2 either.

What type of media was your tester using and at what speed?
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Henry Spencer wrote:Hey guys, I've had the opposite effect from most of you in this thread claiming that the E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in causes the game to crash at shooting sequences. In fact, when I try and use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 at all, it crashes right off the bat. The E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in actually works smoothly on my end...

Are they the same size as the original iso files? If so, you can play the games right away! :mrgreen:

Which version of ePSXe are you using?
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
thisheat
Favorite Game: Double Dragon/ Metal Gear
Kojima games owned: Lots of Metal Gear stuff/ Snatcher sega cd/ Policenauts PS1
PSN: thisheat1

Post by thisheat »

Anybody up for a youtube tutorial? Just a idea. maybe not a good one though nevermind.
I am getting an access denied on the iso, and an xdelta file open failed.
I burned the ISO'S using alchool 120.
Kyrill
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2, and Policenauts
Kojima games owned: Policenauts (PS)
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid : Missions Spéciales
Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty & Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eatrer limited metal edition
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops & Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots European Limited Edition
Metal Gear Solid : Digital Graphic Novel
Metal Gear Acid & Acid 2
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders : The 2nd Runner (European Special Edition)
PSN: kyrillmac

Post by Kyrill »

I just bought my copy of Policenauts on ebay for about 20$ (the "best" edition).
I will follow the instructions on the readme from the beginning and I hope I won't gonna have this Checksum problem.
I wonder if this Checksum problem just happens if you have a downloaded copy or does it happen with some bought copies ?
khmr33
Favorite Game: Radiant Silvergun
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear NES
Snatcher CDRomantic
Snatcher Sega CD
Snatcher Sega Saturn
Policenauts PS The Best
Policenauts Sega Saturn
Metal Gear Solid US PS1 Black Bar
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions US PS1
Bleemcast! Metal Gear Solid
Zone Of The Enders US PS2 w/Demo
Zone Of The Enders Premium Package JP PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 US PS2 Black Bar
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US Xbox
The Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2
Zone Of The Enders: The Second Runner US PS2
Boktai The Sun Is In Your Hand
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 3 US PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Special Edition US PS2
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1
Metal Gear Solid 4 Special Edition US PS3
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 (sealed)
PSN: khmr33
Xbox Live: khmr33

Post by khmr33 »

LiquidPolicenaut wrote:Ok, I was gonna start this as a new thread but it's easier to post it here. To rip the cd's with no problem, I just use ImgBurn and highly recommend it. It rips it with no hassle and automatically recognizes it as a Playstation CD. All you have to do is specify to save it as a .iso file and..voila!..you are done. Throw it in the folder with your patches and xdelta, run the .bat file and you got Policenauts in English! :)
I want to try this... what settings are needed? Read speed etc.

When I tried to pick iso instead of bin as the destination file, Yoda jumped out from behind a bush with an error message and offered to fix the settings. After I choose yes it didn't seem to really start, but I might have had my read speeds set too low.
StreetTrash

Post by StreetTrash »

Renard wrote:Weird though how the save state function doesn't seem to work. Anyhow I'll keep my fingers crossed. :lol:
I've also noticed this with ePSXe. Doesn't allow me to create or load any type of save state. Selecting the save state function just results in nothing happening. Memory card save works fine though. I've tested a few other games just a moment ago and they all save fine. For me the problem persists with both the patched and the original version of Policenauts, so maybe it's an emulator issue?

Seems another person on EmuForums is experiencing the same problem with Policenauts and ePSXe as well.

http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discussio ... state.html
Mr.Radar wrote:I have this exact same problem. zlib1 is in the right place and I've reinstalled ePSXe and recreated the sstates folder and it has made no difference. I have only tried one game (the English patched Policenauts) so I don't know if it's a problem specific to that game or not. I'm running Windows XP SP3 on an Athlon XP (yeah, I know it's old) and ePSXe is installed under D:\Program Files\ePSXe (if that makes a difference). Any help would be appreciated. I've already lost significant progress in Policenauts because of this bug (thankfully the memory card saves work fine).
Last edited by StreetTrash on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

seraphssavior wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:Hey guys, I've had the opposite effect from most of you in this thread claiming that the E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in causes the game to crash at shooting sequences. In fact, when I try and use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 at all, it crashes right off the bat. The E}I{'s 0.98 plug-in actually works smoothly on my end...

Which version of ePSXe are you using?
The latest version 1.70, however, I believe this could actually be something to do with me mounting the .iso with DAEMON tools. Maybe? :/
gufino2

Post by gufino2 »

My Policenauts_english1.iso is slightly (about 1Mb) bigger than the starting iso. is that normal?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Yes the transtaled disc is bigger than the original one.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
cr33k_boy
Favorite Game: MGS3
Kojima games owned: policenauts (saturn)
boktai 1
MGS
MGS VR missions
MGS2
MGS3
MGS4 (limited edition)
ZOE 1
PSN: cr33k_boy
Xbox Live: sketch prower

Post by cr33k_boy »

Currently trying my 3rd burn of disc 1, and can't make it past the intro (seeing johnathan flying into space is really getting annoying because you can't skip it :/). It always dies at his desk with a big green fragment creeping from the right. I am playing on a real ps1 is that a problem? Everyone seems to be playing emulators. I did download the isos, I own the Saturn limited edition, but never got the ps1 till now. Am I just burning it wrong or should I play this on a computer like everyone else.