Report issues here

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
BugzInDaCode
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Snatcher SegaCD version
Policenauts PSX Version
PSN: BugzInDaCode

Re: Report issues here

Post by BugzInDaCode »

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure I didn't break something while ripping my game.
macjunker
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2

Post by macjunker »

Great job on the patch you guys!

The problem:
I've successfully burned a copy of the game with the patch and have it running on my slim PS2. The problem I've come across with is that the game won't load an auto save file. Every time I try to load it from the title screen I get an error message "An error occurred during loading". I also tried loading from within the game, but nothing happens. What gives? I'm using an interact memory card.
akizzle
Favorite Game: MGS4
PSN: st8_snake

Post by akizzle »

I Don't post here often, but I want to say thank you. Words cannot express how happy I am for all of the hard work all of you have put into this to make playing Policenauts in English a reality.

I also want to share some knowledge which should be helpful!

I have policenauts in .cue/.bin format. As a cue/bin they work fine in Japanese.

The patch shows the files needed to be iso's to apply the patch -This is NOT the case.

I tried using AnyToIso, Alcohol120, and Bin2Iso to convert my cue/bin's to iso's. However, the iso's that were made would NEVER load/start in ePSXe or pSX. I tried reading everything I could to figure out what was happening, I tried having the programs read the bin's at the slowest speed but to no avail.

Just when I thought nothing would work, I decided to change out the text in the patch.bat file, from:

xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -f -d -s Policenauts1.iso policenauts_patch1.xdt Policenauts_English1.iso
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -f -d -s Policenauts2.iso policenauts_patch2.xdt Policenauts_English2.iso

with:

xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -n -f -d -s SLPS-00215-6_bc_cd1.bin policenauts_patch1.xdt Policenauts_English1.iso
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -n -f -d -s SLPS-00215-6_bc_cd2.bin policenauts_patch2.xdt Policenauts_English2.iso

I added the -n for problems with the CHKSUM stated earlier on the board, and I changed out Policenauts1.iso with SLPS-00215-6_bc_cd1.bin, complied and voila, the English isos were created and they load and work with ePSXe.

Haven't finished the game yet, but it runs fine so far!

Please let me know if what I did is considered taboo, but if not, for those having problems converting to .bin this solution may work for you!

Thanks Again Marc, Artemio, and Slowbeef, and everyone else.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

I have two problems with the game on ePSXe 1.7.0.

At some parts I hear crackling noises in the background and the game does freeze at random points. (While the last audio bit is repeatet in an endless loop.)

These are my settings.

jax32

Post by jax32 »

Ive been having this weird problem with the game on epsxe 1.7 and i really hope someone can help me. The game will randomly freeze or refuse to load the next scene.

The first time it happend was right at the end of jonathans intro speech. The last sentence he says was looping and it wouldnt continue.

The second time it happend was after the first shootout and entering the alley. The alley loaded but thats it, no pointer or anything. I did hear what sounded like a dog barking over and over so i figured it was the same thing.

Then it happend a third and fourth time loading the bbc broadcast and the flight attendant scenes when on the way to beyond coast. These times i didnt notice if there was sound looping.

It happend a handful of times after that as well.

If i close epsxe, reopen, and reload i can get past the part fine (Thank god for the autosave!!!)I have tried with petes opengl, soft, and the plugin recomended by the readme. I tried switching audio plugins to but no luck. I run the game from damon tools, the iso command in epsxe, and an iso plugin for epsxe. Is anyone else having this issue? Its very irritating to start getting into the game and then dread having to switch screens because it might not load:(

Either was i would really like to thank you all for giving us this great opportunity to play this great game
Bosmonaut

Post by Bosmonaut »

slowbeef wrote:Wow, I never heard of that one.

Hmmm. What are you using to create the EBOOT? I used PopStation 3.0 and selected Policenauts [Disc1of3] as the game name.
Hi slowbeef,

I'm using Prometeus, which is mac-based. I'm not at home right now but I'll give it another try later, failing that I'll have to dust off an XP notebook that's lying around and go down the PopStation route.
ajay_solidsnake

Post by ajay_solidsnake »

When i double click on xdelta3.0u.x86-32, i get the following message
What's wrong ?

And one more thing I have MDF-MDS files can anybody help with that...
Last edited by ajay_solidsnake on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

You're supposed to click on patch.bat.
ajay_solidsnake

I tried but it doesn't help.
Because i was getting " XD3_INVALID_INPUT ", i thought by clicking on it will help me get rid of this problem.
Anyways can you help :D

How do i convert MDF-MDS to iso ?
I used UltraISO and MagicISO to convert MDF-MDS to ISO.
And i tried to patch them but this just doesn't work.
HELP !!!
jongoo
Favorite Game: Street Fighter II
Xbox Live: phantomgreyzero

Post by jongoo »

Wow, I can't believe the game is finally translated. Thanks a lot!!!

Anyways, I tried ripping the game from my backups (which I got from the real deal) using imgburn and the method described in the readme but the patch wouldn't work. I no longer have the original discs. So I said the hell with it, I'm just gonna download the prepatched one. So I did and it works great except for one thing.

During the credits movie in the prologue I get these small graphical glitches. Whenever text appears, there's some small but noticeable clipping/tearing (not sure what to call it). I'm playing it on my ps2.

Anyone else having this problem? I burned them using imgburn.
ajay_solidsnake

WTF? WTF? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I just Deleted the two MDS files and renamed the .MDF extenson with .ISO and it F****N WORKED !!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
macjunker
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2

Post by macjunker »

jongoo wrote:Wow, I can't believe the game is finally translated. Thanks a lot!!!

Anyways, I tried ripping the game from my backups (which I got from the real deal) using imgburn and the method described in the readme but the patch wouldn't work. I no longer have the original discs. So I said the hell with it, I'm just gonna download the prepatched one. So I did and it works great except for one thing.

During the credits movie in the prologue I get these small graphical glitches. Whenever text appears, there's some small but noticeable clipping/tearing (not sure what to call it). I'm playing it on my ps2.

Anyone else having this problem? I burned them using imgburn.
I got that also, but it looks like they go away after that intro cinema. The cinemas after that, don't have that problem. BTW, were you able to successfully save and load your game files?
jongoo
Favorite Game: Street Fighter II
Xbox Live: phantomgreyzero

Post by jongoo »

I got that also, but it looks like they go away after that intro cinema. The cinemas after that, don't have that problem. BTW, were you able to successfully save and load your game files?
Yeah, saving and loading was not a problem. Still, those small graphics glitches still kinda bug me because I watched a video of the patched game and at that same cinema, there didn't seem to be any problems. Anyone else notice these (minor graphical problems during credits in prologue)? In my previous post, I said that they popped up whenever text appeared, but it actually just happens with some of it. Has anyone fixed it or found it to work better on emulation or ps1? Again, I use ps2.
Silanda
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Mega CD)
Policenauts (PS, Sat, 3DO)
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Post by Silanda »

Yeah, saving and loading was not a problem. Still, those small graphics glitches still kinda bug me because I watched a video of the patched game and at that same cinema, there didn't seem to be any problems. Anyone else notice these (minor graphical problems during credits in prologue)? In my previous post, I said that they popped up whenever text appeared, but it actually just happens with some of it. Has anyone fixed it or found it to work better on emulation or ps1? Again, I use ps2.
I get the same problem using epsxe. Oh and as my first post I have to say, excellent work on the patch guys!
Newtype

Post by Newtype »

jongoo wrote: During the credits movie in the prologue I get these small graphical glitches. Whenever text appears, there's some small but noticeable clipping/tearing (not sure what to call it). I'm playing it on my ps2.
I got that same problem too! It's really bugging me. I'm playing on ePSXe and it does it with both P.E.Op.S. Windows Soft GPU Version 1.18b and Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU Version 2.9. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 256mb with Windows XP Pro SP3.
edureboucas

Post by edureboucas »

Hi! First of all, thank you so much for providing a translation for such a famous game!

Well, I am having the following issue when I try to apply the patch using the Athlon version of the batch file:

When I try opening the .iso's, MAGICISO says the file is missing a terminate volumn! Can anyone shed some light?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

You made a bad rip of your game. Rip it again using the methods described in the readme or in this thread.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Randam Hajile
Favorite Game: Super Metroid
Kojima games owned: -Policenauts
-Snatcher (Sega CD)
-Metal Gear Solid I
-Metal Gear Solid II - Substance
-Metal Gear Solid III - Subsistence
-Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
-Zone of Enders 2: The Second Runner

Post by Randam Hajile »

Hey guys!

I'm at a friend's house so i have to be quick and don't have the time to read the entire topic toroughly, so i apologize in advance if this solution has already been posted.

I was getting the error "XD3_INVALID_INPUT (checksum) error" While trying to patch the discs. After some searching i found on another forum a simple solution that worked, at least for me. here it is:

-Get hold of a .BIN version of the images.

-Rename it to Policenauts1 (or 2, if you're working on the second disc).iso (yes, just replace the .BIN with .ISO)

So you'll have an image that's originally in .BIN format, but with the .ISO extension.

After i did that, i was able to patch the image without a single problem.

Hope it helps!

Later
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker

Post by slowbeef »

"Can't find the file specified."

If the patch is giving you this error, and you are using Vista, right-click the ISO files you created and hit properties.

Make sure the real file name is "Policenauts1.iso" and "Policenauts2.iso". Sometimes Vista hides the file extension so it can be "Policenauts1.iso.iso" and the patcher can't find the original ISOs to patch!
Demacus
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Metal Gear 1 & 2 MSX versions
Metal Gear NES version
Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3 & 4
Policenauts

Post by Demacus »

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who worked on this project to make it happen. It took a long time but because of your hard work im now able to enjoy this great game. I own Snatcher for the sega cd(love that game) and was shocked to hear that policenauts was never translated into english. So thanks again for all the hard work that went into this.

I am having one small problem with the game. I have searched the forums and I havent been able to find anyone else with the same issue as me. I'm dead tired atm so unless i've just missed it somewhere I havent seen anyone with this issue yet and apoligize in advance if this has already been addressed.

The Problem: I'm having an issue with loading save files from the memory card. I'm using ePSXe emulator, im not sure what version im running but I dont think that would be an issue here unless its some reason I cant think of. The game patched just fine and it runs beautifully, Ive had no issues what so ever. I was playing it last night for the first time to check the game out, didnt get very far but decided save it anyways. I went to play it tonight and when I tried to load it example: At title screen chose the "Continue" option, was promted with the choose "Memory Card 1" and "Memory Card 2" and selected the "Memory Card 1" When I do this it just goes back to the "New Game" "Continue" etc screen, tried the mem card 2 just incase i saved on that one and still the same thing. So thought maybe I was just tired and only thought that I had saved. So I started a new game, played for awhile, got past the first shooting area in the alleyway, and I saved. I double checked that the save worked by going to load game under the system option while in game and the save shows up "Prologue 00:44" or w/e. Backed out of game tried to load and I got nothing. I know the .mcr files work cause I use them with other games but cant figure out what I'm doing wrong and can only think that it has something to do with the patch. The game saves and loads just fine with the original ISO files. Sorry for the long post but wanted to be as detailed as possible. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give. I guess save states are an option but am curious as to why the memcard wont load.

P.S. Did anyone else notice that the date on the wedding picture on the desk is dated AUG 24 2009? just thought that was a weird coincedence lol
Jonando
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: Jonando

Post by Jonando »

Thank you for making the patch...

However, it would be nice if the zip file could actually be unzipped. Winzip and WinRAR both have an error while unzipping the patch...

Meaning I cannot read the readme...
Please help!
driller

Post by driller »

Jonando wrote:However, it would be nice if the zip file could actually be unzipped. Winzip and WinRAR both have an error while unzipping the patch...

Meaning I cannot read the readme...
Please help!
Perhaps the download went awry? I'd suggest trying a different mirror.
Alternatively, I uploaded the unpacked files to Rapidshare, so you can use the download links within the spoiler tag if you're still experiencing difficulties. I threw in the xdelta file too, so you should be well provided for. :P I know RS is a bitch, but whatchagonnado? Hope this helps.
vincent_vincent
Favorite Game: too many , depend on the time
Kojima games owned: ALL of them .

Post by vincent_vincent »

First Thanks for the great work guys , this is really amazing .

am playing my game on Epsxe 1.7 and this the first time i encountered a game that i can't use the Save/Load State feature in the emulator , i checked other games just to make sure and it seems that the problem is just with this game & also tried it with the unpatched version and its the same problem , i hope someone fix it in future patch release since i know you guys fixed some problems & errors with the original game in your patch , and i was happy to confirm that its not your fault that we can't use the Save Feature , peace .
silent_snake
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by silent_snake »

Just beaten the game! :mrgreen:
Now i would like to "report" some possible issues I had, but they were nothing major and didn't hurt the gameplay at all.
But I must congratulate to everyone working on the translation, great work guys!

I was playing the game on my modded PlayStation 2 (SCPH-77004; Slim version; Matrix Infinity v1.93 mod chip). The CD-s were burned at 8x speed on Traxdata CD-R using NEC ND-3570A burner.
Just to add that to start the PS1 game on my PS2 I have to start the console and then after a second or two press the restart button and then the game will load otherwise i will just get a blank screen, this is probably due to the way the mod chip is used to boot the PS1 games.

Anyway, the only issues I had are:

1. In the intro video:

The picture shows a small graphical glitch on the right side. Nothing major, it just happens when there is some overlay text and it lasts just for a fraction of second, and only in this intro video, the rest of the game videos are fine. BTW this is the image Newtype posted in his thread: One screenshot, three questions.
And the overlay text is fine on my PS2, this a screenshot taken from a emulator.

2. When the game asks to switch to Disc 2, that doesn't work for me normally... but because the game allows to save just before that, basically I had to put the Disc 2 in, restart the PS2 two times and it continued normally on Disc 2. This is probably how the mod chip in my PS2 boots the PS1 CD and that certainly is not a real issue with the translation, but just for the people to know if they have a PS2.

3. Well, I don't know if this is an issue but after the credits rolled and the short final animation ended i got a black screen with a Policenauts Logo and a text that said "Developed & published by Konami Co., Ltd.". I waited some time but nothing happened then I started pressing the buttons on my controller and nothing happened again, so the only thing I could do is to shut down or restart the console. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Other than that everything was fine, and the game is absolutely amazing!
Again, thanks to everyone working on the project, many gamers, including myself, can now enjoy this fantastic masterpiece.
You made a lot of people happy. :D
Last edited by silent_snake on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker

Post by slowbeef »

silent_snake wrote:Is this how it is supposed to be?
yep:

1. Not sure about the video jumping. I'll have to look more into it.

3. Yes, you actually cannot restart Policenauts once the game begins, believe it or not. I tried to add that in, but the way the game's coded, it was actually really difficult to do.