View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Report issues here 
Second Lieutenant

Post Re: Report issues here
WhiteTestament wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new and I'm having some problems with the ISO of an already patched copy of Policenauts

The problem is that I can't save state, because everytime I try to load a save state the game will freeze after a few seconds. I googled a bit and I followed some tip on a forum, where they were suggesting to create an "S" folder inside the sstates folder. I did it, but the "load state" problem is still there.

Any ideas?

I'm assuming your using ePSXe with P.E.O.p.S. Soft Driver 1.18 as your video plug in?

If that's the case save states are not going to work. They will, as you said, freeze after a few seconds of being loaded. Changing your video plugin will fix the problem but no other video plugin is as quite as compatible as soft driver 1.18.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:59 pm

best name ever wrote:
WhiteTestament wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new and I'm having some problems with the ISO of an already patched copy of Policenauts

The problem is that I can't save state, because everytime I try to load a save state the game will freeze after a few seconds. I googled a bit and I followed some tip on a forum, where they were suggesting to create an "S" folder inside the sstates folder. I did it, but the "load state" problem is still there.

Any ideas?

I'm assuming your using ePSXe with P.E.O.p.S. Soft Driver 1.18 as your video plug in?

If that's the case save states are not going to work. They will, as you said, freeze after a few seconds of being loaded. Changing your video plugin will fix the problem but no other video plugin is as quite as compatible as soft driver 1.18.

Yeah, I'm using those two. Thanks for your reply. :D

I read somewhere that the E}I{'s GPU Plugin 0.981 is good for Policenauts, someone can confirm? Otherwise I guess I'll have to play with the normale saves, even if I read that there are some problems when you have to switch disc 1 to 2.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:36 am
Second Lieutenant

WhiteTestament wrote:
I read somewhere that the E}I{'s GPU Plugin 0.981 is good for Policenauts, someone can confirm?

I think I remember testing out that plugin back when the English patch first got released. I think it was giving me some sound problems so I switched back to soft diver. I only used it very briefly and I don’t think I messed around that much with the settings to see if it could be fixed. I do know though that "E}I{'s GPU Plugin 0.981" is the only plugin that can is capable of scrolling the credits correctly.

WhiteTestament wrote:
Otherwise I guess I'll have to play with the normale saves, even if I read that there are some problems when you have to switch disc 1 to 2.

This is going to happen no matter what, it's the price you have to pay for emulation. Not that it's that big a deal since it gives you the option to save at the end of disk one, which you can just reload the emulator with disk2 and pick up from there.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 am

It could be just the fact that laptop video cards are terrible in general (mine is one of those notorious Intel HD/Nvidia combination cards), but during the docking sequence FMV the sound began skipping and then the display driver crashed, resulting in ePSXe not displaying anything and forcing me to close it. Tried updating the drivers to no avail.

Edit: Yup, it's definitely my laptop being stupid. The FMV of Jonathan and Ed meeting again also crashed the display driver after I played through the game on my desktop past where it locked up.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Post Game freezes while playing Ed Brown (Vice) cutscene
I am playing the translated version of the game on my real PSX.
The game works absolutely perfect until I get around to the part of the movie when Ed says "Dammit! Three more years...." Then the sound/music stops, the video freezes and my PSX makes a bunch of weird loading noises and nothing happens.
I have tried resetting/powering off and trying to get through the scene again but to no avail.
My discs aren't scratched at all so I have no idea what's happening.
Is there a way to skip over the cutscenes? I don't know but that might work.
As a last resort, is it possible to load and translated save file using the original Japanese game disc and trying to play through to a savable point after the scene and then reload the new save with the translated disc again? Great work on the patch, though guys!! :)

Thanks! :D

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:32 pm
Second Lieutenant

Post Re: Game freezes while playing Ed Brown (Vice) cutscene
skwatter wrote:
As a last resort, is it possible to load and translated save file using the original Japanese game disc and trying to play through to a savable point after the scene and then reload the new save with the translated disc again? Great work on the patch, though guys!! :)

I'd say to try this, play the game past that point in Japanese, save, and then Load the save with the English version.
If that doesn't work try ripping the ISO again, patching it again, and then burn it with a more compatable CD Brand. Remember to Rip and Burn CD at 4X speed or lower!

Good luck!

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Runner

Around May, I had a memory card error, but the message displayed the error in Japanese. It had the number 0, but I couldn't make out on what it said (probably have something to do with the memory card space).

Either this was a patching error, or for some reason Slowbeef must've missed it.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:13 am
Second Lieutenant

SnatcherMkII wrote:
Around May, I had a memory card error, but the message displayed the error in Japanese. It had the number 0, but I couldn't make out on what it said (probably have something to do with the memory card space).

Either this was a patching error, or for some reason Slowbeef must've missed it.

Probaly has to do with number of Blocks in your Memory Card. Was it full?

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:29 pm
Profile WWW

Having a terrible trouble with the first disk,

either I can't seem to get my burn speed down enough or I can't fit it all on a 700mb CD. I've got it all patched and ready but it just doesn't play time and time again after I burn it. Please help. I just wanna play this game in English.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 pm
Runner

GrayFoxN312, try to use ImgBurn. Also, use Verbatim or TDK discs.

[offtopic]
Poor Gates. :mrgreen:
[/offtopic]

Attachments:
gatse.png
gatse.png [ 362.26 KiB | Viewed 2023 times ]

Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! (c)AwesomeBrand
Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 pm

TechNoir, I have used imgburn it wouldn't work for me. only on disk two once did it work but that's no real good to me. also where do you suggest buying those disks on the internet at a low-ish price. I don't have either disks in my area.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 pm
Runner

I don't know if these prices are nice enough (I buy disks in my area, not in internet), but take a look:
http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97458-Mi ... B003ZDNZSI
http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-94691-Br ... B00029U1DK

If these discs still won't work, then your CD-drive is fucked up.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 am

yeah most likely. It's a window's vista and that could have something to do with it. maybe it just can't write that slow. is that possible?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 pm
Runner

At first, try to write 'em in the other PC.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:13 am

Well the other one is the same. Maybe it'll work in an emulator. Plus I don't have my PS2 anymore anyways. It was a fat one so maybe a slim? Maybe it's the breaker pro i used maybe I should just get it modded. it could be a lot of things wrong... not just the disks.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi I have a problem. I've downloaded the entire policenauts pathced, but it doesn't work on epsxe. It's a strange fact because subtitles and sound work and when I am in the office in the beginning all I can see is black.... I used bios 5500 and 5000... I can see images in the beginning but then in the office all black... Please help me! Greetings from Italy

Tue May 07, 2013 9:59 am
Runner

Broken image, maybe? Or you could try another ePSXe version.

Tue May 07, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm getting flickering during the cutscenes when trying to play this on my PS3. There is no flickering when playing the unpatched ISOs. The flickering only appears on one half of the image, the right half if you imagine the screen split diagonally from top left to bottom right. The patched ISOs work fine in an emulator, so I'm aware this is a problem with the PS3 emulator, but does anyone have any idea what might be causing the problem so that I might find a fix, as I'd rather play this game at my PS3 rather than sat at my PC if possible.

Thu May 30, 2013 3:36 pm
Site Admin

You should try contacting the emulator authors.

[Junker HQ]

Fri May 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Profile WWW

Artemio wrote:
You should try contacting the emulator authors.

It's the official PS1 emulator that's built into the PS3. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Fri May 31, 2013 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8