View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:21 am



Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Report issues here 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:51 am
Posts: 43
Location: Croatia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
slowbeef wrote:
silent_snake wrote:
Is this how it is supposed to be?


yep:

1. Not sure about the video jumping. I'll have to look more into it.

3. Yes, you actually cannot restart Policenauts once the game begins, believe it or not. I tried to add that in, but the way the game's coded, it was actually really difficult to do.

Thanks slowbeef!

That's actually interesting what they did with the final end screen, the game ended so just turn off the console and be happy for completing Policenauts :mrgreen:.


Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Canada
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
About the tearing glitch, I'm not sure 'cause I didn't specifically check for that, but I don't think it does it with e}i{ Video Plugin. However, I don't understand that plugin so I don't use it.


Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:58 pm
Posts: 2
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
driller wrote:
Jonando wrote:
However, it would be nice if the zip file could actually be unzipped. Winzip and WinRAR both have an error while unzipping the patch...

Meaning I cannot read the readme...
Please help!

Perhaps the download went awry? I'd suggest trying a different mirror.
Alternatively, I uploaded the unpacked files to Rapidshare, so you can use the download links within the spoiler tag if you're still experiencing difficulties. I threw in the xdelta file too, so you should be well provided for. :P I know RS is a bitch, but whatchagonnado?
Hope this helps.


Downloaded it from three mirrors so don't think it's that... So thanks for those dude! Works now and I'm loving the game! :) Thanks again!


Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:33 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Mexico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
The readme files are in the manual page, so ou can always access them directly. Please give me the links of the mirrors that weren't working so I can check the issue. It was supposedly corrected yesterday (and confirmed as such)

_________________
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]


Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:17 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 20
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Typo Notification

Spoiler:
When you find the black poppy field, and you look a second time, the message is
"There's no soil here, is here?"
I think its supposed to be
"There's no soil here, is there?"


Thanks again guys!!! This games awesome!!!


Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 pm
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:13 am
Posts: 561
Location: Neo Kobe
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
The ONLY real problem I encountered was with the Ending/Credits.

After the "ending" animation sequence the screen goes black and music plays for like 10min, Wich I'm assuming instead of total darkness there should be some credits going by to the music? Anyone else have this problem??????

I know it's just the "Credits", But I kinda wanted to see them instead of just a black screen.

_________________
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack


Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Policenaut Hacker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:55 am
Posts: 1629
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
That's why you need the e}i{ or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin. (Unless you had that already?)


Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Lexington, KY
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
I decided to give a modded PSX a try. I have two variables left before my main question... My burner's minimum speed is 8x and I'm not sure if the Sony CD-R's I have are good enough.

Assuming I can eliminate both issues, I'm wondering if the PSX I borrowed from a friend will work. He said it was modded and it will boot both US SOTN and my Policenauts The Best discs no problem.

My question is: Are there PSX mod chips that only bypass region locks, or can I safely assume any chipped PSX should play a properly burned copy of the patched disc?


Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 am
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:13 am
Posts: 561
Location: Neo Kobe
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
slowbeef wrote:
That's why you need the e}i{ or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin. (Unless you had that already?)


is this directed to me?

_________________
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack


Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 94
Location: NYC
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
el_ash wrote:
slowbeef wrote:
That's why you need the e}i{ or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin. (Unless you had that already?)


is this directed to me?

Yeah, as it says in the readme:

Quote:
- "Um, I hear music at the end, but there's nothing onscreen. It seems like the end credits should show here, but they don't?"

This happens if you use ePSXe and a different video plugin than the ones I recommended. The DirectX and OpenGL plugins didn't seem to display anything at all when the end credits came on. If you don't care about the staff roll (which is now in English, I might add) then just wait a few minutes and the final movie will play.

- "I hear music and the credits are... scrolling kind of strangely. They're legible, but they don't scroll as they should."

This is a problem with the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU Plugin. The credits do scroll correctly with the e}i{ Plugin, but I had some issues playing the game windowed on Vista with it. At any rate, again, everything else will work as it should.


Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:01 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 20
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Has anyone completed the game on PS1 hardware start to finish?
I plan on doing an initial playthough on my PS1. This should be the best way to play right. I see lots of error or problems running on modded PS2'S but a modded PS1 should present no problems right?
Im sure it's fine on all methods but just curious if anyone has played through on their PS1?
THANKS :)
HEAT


Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:29 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:33 am
Posts: 2898
Location: Mexico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Yes. Ps1 hardware was the main target, since logic indicates that if real hardware can run it emulators just nee dto do their job. Unfortunately there are so many combinations and since the game was in Japanese not many emus bothered with it's specifics.

_________________
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]


Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:35 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 20
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
THANKS!!!
Then tonight it begins!!! \:D/
heat


Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:49 am
Profile
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 7:48 am
Posts: 156
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
PSP:

I think I have issues with booting the game from firmware 5.00 M33-6 (I see the precautions screen, then it goes all black, then PSP turns off).

The same eboot files work on my friend's PSP2000 (same model as mine) and he has 3.80 M33-5.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

_________________
This is where freedom could have been born! - George


Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 am
Posts: 7
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Hi ,I'm new to these forums but I've been lurking here for a LONG time.First of all thank you ,thank you again and again for your the gigantic amount of effort ,competence and passion (not to mention LOADS of frustration ) put in making this patch that is, literally ,(at least in my opinion) every non-Japanese-speaking Kojima fan's wet dream come true . I'm experiencing problems playing the game with epsxe 1.7.0 . In the cutscenes there is a slightly annoying sync problem between the video and the audio part (as reported by snatcher42 in the emulation thread . I was using the suggested config in the txt file. It did not work . Tried to divert from that with every plugin config I could possibly come up with but no improvements so far. Could someone please help?Thanks.


Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:34 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 am
Posts: 7
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Jack wrote:
I think I have issues with booting the game from firmware 5.00 M33-6 (I see the precautions screen, then it goes all black, then PSP turns off).

The same eboot files work on my friend's PSP2000 (same model as mine) and he has 3.80 M33-5.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Do any other PS1 games you may have stored on your Memory Stick work correctly? Can you try plugging the Memory Stick of your friend's PSP onto your unit and see if the game starts correctly this way?

May help to locate the issue is what I'm saying.


Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:34 pm
Posts: 4
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Jack wrote:
PSP:

I think I have issues with booting the game from firmware 5.00 M33-6 (I see the precautions screen, then it goes all black, then PSP turns off).

The same eboot files work on my friend's PSP2000 (same model as mine) and he has 3.80 M33-5.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Hi Jack,

I have literally *just* got my EBOOTs up and running on my PSP (as well as my iMac, but that's a different story). I'm using a PSP1000 with the exact firmware you have described on your PSP (M33-6), and they work perfectly. On a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I had issues with the game asking for disc 1 when I was running the first disc EBOOT, and that same disc 1 EBOOT not really being recognised and stuttering at the Konami logo (the plain non-animated one) - no such issues with the PSP switching itself off as you describe.

I should state that these failed attempts were a result of EBOOTs generated by Prometeus, a Mac-based convertor. For reference, I used PopStation (in Vista) to convert the ISOs, and I did patch them with icon, wallpaper and audio files. This was after I did a dry run of just converting the ISO without adding these extras on, and both sets of files worked.


Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:51 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:35 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Well I'm stuck on a part in the game which I can't beat because I keep failing it and the saved states would really help if they would work. I guess I am not the only one with the problem.

If u are using epsxe 1.7 and can't save states for some reason creating a folder named "s" in the savedstates folder makes it work.

http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discussio ... state.html


Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Canada
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
akakak4747 wrote:
If u are using epsxe 1.7 and can't save states for some reason creating a folder named "s" in the savedstates folder makes it work.

http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discussio ... state.html


That's great info! Thanks! It should be written in the patch's readme or something.


Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Lexington, KY
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
I'm completely at a loss now...

Almost all of my conditions for playing the game on a PSX have been satisfied.
Modded system, mouse, s-video cables, blank discs, a burner and functional ISO's...

Apparently the burner I found is too old. HP CD-Writer Plus 9100. Img Burn thinks the discs I put in are 500MB instead of 700MB. (Img Burn also said it didn't have a profile for that burner, so I imagine that's the problem)

So does Discjuggler, Alchohol 120, and a couple of others.

I tried SlySoft CloneCD and it successfully burned a coaster at 1x, while my current burner a Lite-On did the same thing only at 8x.


Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:49 pm
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:13 am
Posts: 561
Location: Neo Kobe
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Snatcher42 wrote:
el_ash wrote:
slowbeef wrote:
That's why you need the e}i{ or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin. (Unless you had that already?)


is this directed to me?

Yeah, as it says in the readme:

Quote:
- "Um, I hear music at the end, but there's nothing onscreen. It seems like the end credits should show here, but they don't?"

This happens if you use ePSXe and a different video plugin than the ones I recommended. The DirectX and OpenGL plugins didn't seem to display anything at all when the end credits came on. If you don't care about the staff roll (which is now in English, I might add) then just wait a few minutes and the final movie will play.

- "I hear music and the credits are... scrolling kind of strangely. They're legible, but they don't scroll as they should."

This is a problem with the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU Plugin. The credits do scroll correctly with the e}i{ Plugin, but I had some issues playing the game windowed on Vista with it. At any rate, again, everything else will work as it should.


I think I'm running the DirectX plugin....I'll just change that over to the default to watch the credits....thanx!
Otherwise the game is perfect!

_________________
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack


Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
el_ash wrote:
Snatcher42 wrote:
el_ash wrote:
slowbeef wrote:
That's why you need the e}i{ or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU plugin. (Unless you had that already?)


is this directed to me?

Yeah, as it says in the readme:

Quote:
- "Um, I hear music at the end, but there's nothing onscreen. It seems like the end credits should show here, but they don't?"

This happens if you use ePSXe and a different video plugin than the ones I recommended. The DirectX and OpenGL plugins didn't seem to display anything at all when the end credits came on. If you don't care about the staff roll (which is now in English, I might add) then just wait a few minutes and the final movie will play.

- "I hear music and the credits are... scrolling kind of strangely. They're legible, but they don't scroll as they should."

This is a problem with the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU Plugin. The credits do scroll correctly with the e}i{ Plugin, but I had some issues playing the game windowed on Vista with it. At any rate, again, everything else will work as it should.


I think I'm running the DirectX plugin....I'll just change that over to the default to watch the credits....thanx!
Otherwise the game is perfect!



I had some trouble with this...a few pages ago, I mentioned that using the e}i{ plug-in gave me the credits, but no music.

_________________
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.


Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:10 am
Profile
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 7:48 am
Posts: 156
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Bosmonaut wrote:
Hi Jack,

I have literally *just* got my EBOOTs up and running on my PSP (as well as my iMac, but that's a different story). I'm using a PSP1000 with the exact firmware you have described on your PSP (M33-6), and they work perfectly. On a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I had issues with the game asking for disc 1 when I was running the first disc EBOOT, and that same disc 1 EBOOT not really being recognised and stuttering at the Konami logo (the plain non-animated one) - no such issues with the PSP switching itself off as you describe.

I should state that these failed attempts were a result of EBOOTs generated by Prometeus, a Mac-based convertor. For reference, I used PopStation (in Vista) to convert the ISOs, and I did patch them with icon, wallpaper and audio files. This was after I did a dry run of just converting the ISO without adding these extras on, and both sets of files worked.


Thanks; problem solved: it was indeed a bad generated EBOOT. I've redone the process and now it works like a charm. I'm crossing fingers for the second disc.

On a side note, having finally a patch feels almost unreal... I experienced a sort of dizzy feeling and wasn't really able to fully realize it for a few days. I'm getting SAS :D

_________________
This is where freedom could have been born! - George


Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:21 am
Profile
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 105
Location: Washington State USA
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
Jack wrote:
On a side note, having finally a patch feels almost unreal... I experienced a sort of dizzy feeling and wasn't really able to fully realize it for a few days. I'm getting SAS :D

Image
This might help...


I read psp problems...

I used impaler to make a multi-disc eboot from
the patched iso's. If you want to make single
disc eboots I suggest autopopstation 3 simple gui
and I'm using pops version 3.71

_________________
NANTO KAWAI!


Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:39 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:08 am
Posts: 1
Reply with quote
Post Re: Report issues here
For people who are having a hard time to load the game on the PSP, this plugin helps

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/emulation/ ... oader.html


Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.