Feature requests for future versions

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Re: Feature requests for future versions

Post by Rick Deckard »

Artemio wrote:
Rick Deckard wrote:Has anybody else brought up Jonathan's use of the word "fag" yet? If it's consistent with the original Japanese, then I'm all for leaving it alone, but it does seem like quite an odd thing for him to say.
Yes it was discussed at SA. It is indeed consistent with the original Japanese.
Ah. Fair enough. I suppose he is an '80s cop type, after all. Plus Axel Foley gets namechecked, and that was a favourite word of Eddie Murphy's in the '80s. It doesn't sit too well, but then again maybe in the photo he was referring to he happened to have a cock in his mouth.
Stratoslava
Favorite Game: Perhaps Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Snatcher, Policenauts (Sat & PSX)
Location: Argentina (where's that? South America, you %&%&!!!)

Post by Stratoslava »

Guys, I'm writting to tell you that finishing the game in english on PS helps a lot to get through Sega Sataan's japanese from hell.

Still, I'd love it so much to play it in english on Sat as well ... 8)

Any news regarding the future versions?

Cheers!

(Awesome job, by the way! :P )
Titties & Beers!
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Stratoslava wrote:Any news regarding the future versions?
Not really. I don't know if there will be translations of other versions of the game, but I most likely won't be involved (my interests have changed since the project began many years ago).
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

Marc wrote:
Stratoslava wrote:Any news regarding the future versions?
Not really. I don't know if there will be translations of other versions of the game, but I most likely won't be involved (my interests have changed since the project began many years ago).
Yeah that's what my cousin was saying when he was working as a tester, you play one game so fucking much, by the time it's released you're so sick of it you never want to play it again...

I think having just the PSX version would be enough for most people... although that sucks we might not see the bonus material I read about in the Saturn version.

I did score a used PSX at goodwill for 6 bucks, so I may try and burn the translation if only so I can finally get my 'game completed' save file*! :P (Luckily I also have a dexdrive so I won't have to replay the whole game again (and after the bit leading up to the bomb defusal sequence, I have to say thank god)

* Yeah I own one of those 'Game Hunter' modchip/cheat device combos so playing it should not be a problem.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

Maybe you could make a better patching program for the patch because the one it has now is a little intimidating
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
abhi

Post by abhi »

I just completed the PS version, I have been told the Saturn verison was better and apprently there is a trailer for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ1FpvVZeVA

will this be done soon AND how is it better ?

Can't believe I just finished it on New Year's eve jyst before the decade starts
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Just to let everyone know, we're going to release a v.1.1 patch sometime soon. If there's anything else anyone wants to suggest, now is the time! I'll shortly compose a list of suggestions people have made here that will go into it.
abhi

Post by abhi »

what do you mean by that ?
The Chosen
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Post by The Chosen »

abhi wrote:what do you mean by that ?
Call me crazy but I think it means they're releasing an update to the patch which will fix any errors they've found and they want to know if there's any errors we've found which we should let them be aware of so they can fix those too.

Then again, I could be well off the mark!
abhi

Post by abhi »

Is it possible to release the saturn version for PSX ?
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

I want you to think carefully about what you just said. Take some time, and think it over...

"Is my question an intelligent one?"

"If I buy an Xbox game, will it run on my playstation?"

"Will a completely different version of the game, with extended scenes, different structure, and a different platform that it runs on be available on this platform?"

Think these over, then ask yourself if the question that you asked is a good question to ask.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

The Chosen wrote:
abhi wrote:what do you mean by that ?
Call me crazy but I think it means they're releasing an update to the patch which will fix any errors they've found and they want to know if there's any errors we've found which we should let them be aware of so they can fix those too.
That's correct.
abhi wrote:Is it possible to release the saturn version for PSX ?
No, I can't imagine that working. If we did the Saturn version, it would be for the Saturn.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

I've come across about two spelling errors (at least those are the only ones I can remember) when playing through the game and they were all in the beginning

1. When Lorraine first shows you the capsules Jonathon says “That them”

2. When you show Lorraine the capsules after she gives them to you she says something along the lines of "Am sure it’ll come in useful" which sounds weird
wolverin0
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Saga
Kojima games owned: MGS 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Policenauts
Snatcher
Snatcher SD
Zone of Enders 1 - 2
every single one of them

Post by wolverin0 »

let's be honest: i didn't play it with a "look for bugs/spelling" mind, i just enjoyed the playthrough and i'm very thankful to you, for letting me finish my Kojima games collection.

ps. can an idiot get more idiot than that?, won't even name him.
The Chosen
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Post by The Chosen »

best name ever wrote:I've come across about two spelling errors (at least those are the only ones I can remember) when playing through the game and they were all in the beginning

2. When you show Lorraine the capsules after she gives them to you she says something along the lines of "Am sure it’ll come in useful" which sounds weird
"That them" isn't really wrong, it's just very informal.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

best name ever wrote:I've come across about two spelling errors (at least those are the only ones I can remember) when playing through the game and they were all in the beginning

The Chosen addressed the first point, but as for the second, she says "I'm", not "Am".
FrankJaeger
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: MGS
MGS TTS
MGS VRM
MGS DGN
MGS2S (xbox,ps2)
MGS3
MGS3S (MG,MG2SS therein)
MGSPO
MGSPOP
MGA
MGA2
MGST
MGS4
Policenauts
Snatcher

Post by FrankJaeger »

How much control over the gameplay mechanics have you guys obtained? I know it's been pointed out that it's a dumb question but possibly splicing some of the Saturn scenes in would be cool or at least provide links to see what we're missing (if it's worth the work doing a Saturn version.)

It would be cool if it was possible for you guys to have a dedicated emulator for it that, upon patching it, creates just a single file (or one per disc) that automatically launches the game and provides a more streamlined service. epsxe is awesome, but if you were to say work with the epsxe team to patch a version of epsxe to Policenauts so that opening up Policenauts just launches straight into the game without having to deal with "Run ISO". of course you'd still be able to configure controllers and possibly plugins.

Also have you guys tried to submit this to Kojima Productions? Maybe they could use it to justify a rerelease? or even provide a dedicated platform for running the game so that they can start selling the game or allow you guys to sell it????

Once again great job gentlemen :)

EDIT: okay so I did some research and it's possible to do a desktop shortcut that will directly run an iso. all you have to do is
1. create a shortcut.
2. right-click on it and select properties
3. under "Target:" after what is already entered type "-loadbin "location of iso" -nogui"
Note: there is a space after the epsxe.exe and -loadbin AND the end of the location of the iso. also don't include any quotation marks
After that you can do the same for disc two and then change the icon to a more appropriate one :)
Stratoslava
Favorite Game: Perhaps Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Snatcher, Policenauts (Sat & PSX)
Location: Argentina (where's that? South America, you %&%&!!!)

Post by Stratoslava »

Guys, don't you feel any nostalgia coming back about this translation? (nightmares allowed).

You'd win a spot in Heaven if you'd translate it for Sega Saturn.
:roll:
Titties & Beers!
BugzInDaCode
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Snatcher SegaCD version
Policenauts PSX Version
PSN: BugzInDaCode

Post by BugzInDaCode »

I guess it's now or never......

The fact that you moved the 2013 line to the next paragraph in the intro always felt clunky and confusing. After the description of beyond coast you should sub the "in 2013" line so you have a better sense of the time line. When the "25 years later" line came up after Jonathan's accident i thought it was 2035 and not 2038. The newspapers in the office clear this up real quick but the reorganization of the intro dialog always bugged me. I just thought I'd put in my two cents before the V1.1 update.
JonathanIngram
Favorite Game: Shadow of the colossus
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Policenauts
Snatcher

Post by JonathanIngram »

Will you guy's ever do an Saturn version please!
Its the best version of Policenauts.
And many people own a sega saturn.
Would love to see a patch of that game.
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2
Kojima games owned: In order of how I originally played them...
Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 Substance
MGS3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection
ZoE HD Collection
PSN: AwesomeBrand
Xbox Live: AwesomeBr0

Post by AwesomeBrand »

Translation of the PC-98 version of Policenauts, as well as a guide on how to emulate the damn thing, would be cool. I mean... Playing the MSX version was, although tedious due to load times and tons of disk changing, a rather interesting experience. Sure the Saturn version would be awesome but aside from a few extra zoomed shots it's mostly the same thing as the PS1 version. The PC version should be almost COMPLETELY in its visuals and I hear it has the most voiced dialogue. The Snatcher-style head boxes could be a problem though.
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
JonathanIngram
Policenauts
Snatcher

Post by JonathanIngram »

Yes,The pc version has cool graphics.That one would be nice aswell.
Ps1 is great.
But the Saturn version is the best in my opinion.
It is the most complete version.With some extra cut scenes and zoom in's,not
seen on any other versions.
And because the saturn version was released on 3 disks.It runs with 24 fps
instead of 15 fps on the ps1 version.
So the best version should be translated sometime.Hopefully soon.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

The team has already said that there not going to be translating the Saturn version.
I don't blame em, the Saturn is a mess to work with. Hence why theirs hardly any Saturn translation projects to begin with.
JonathanIngram
Policenauts
Snatcher

Post by JonathanIngram »

Well,perhaps you are right.
Its one of my favourite games of all time.
And because of the English patch .
I really fully enjoyed it.

If you play the saturn version now,you remember some parts here and their from the psx translation.
So thats still a bonus in the end i would say.

Policenauts is like a great movie.One that you will come back 2, to watch again once in a while.

Thanks guys!
TheBardsSong
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Post by TheBardsSong »

I would also love a Saturn translation.