Help! Can't Get Burned Discs To Play

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
EVA-03
Favorite Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Policenauts

Help! Can't Get Burned Discs To Play

Post by EVA-03 »

I hope its okay to start a new thread and post this here. So I got Policenauts for Christmas and have been working on using the translation patch and burning cds to play it on my ps1. I'm using a 2002 gameshark disc that I use to play imports on my ps1. My CDRs are the Verbatim 700MB ones. I am using an Dell Inspiration 660s with windows 8. My translated iso file for disc one is 731,376 KB and my translated file for disc two is 599,437KB. I tried a spindle speed of 1x for the first disc and when that didn't work I used a speed of 4x for the second disc. If the discs are 700KB, is the first one not working because the iso file for the first disc is over 700KB? Is my computer capable of burning at such low speeds- I thought I read somewhere that ImgBurn would kick up the spindle speed automatically if the computer wasn't able to work at such slow speeds. Any imput or advice would be more than appreciated.
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Re: Help! Can't Get Burned Discs To Play

Post by TechNoir »

I kinda didn't understand - you applied the translation patch to an original ISO, then burned it to a CD and it doesn't work? If that's right, my guess that you've messed up somewhere with the patch. I suggest you download an already translated ISO, burn it with ImgBurn at 4x speed and don't worry about the rest.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand