Anyone ever played the game with a mouse?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Marc
General

Anyone ever played the game with a mouse?

Post by Marc »

I just bought a PS mouse the other day, and it makes playing the game a lot more comfortable! I recommend it to everyone who doesn't have a mouse for their version of Policenauts.
swordedge

Re: Anyone ever played the game with a mouse?

Post by swordedge »

I also did notice it was stupid playing this game with a gamepad.. I mean it's totally a mouse game, or a light gun game! mouse would be a better overall winner here tho, since it's cheap, more convenient for overall game (point and click) and works ok for shooting stuff anyway

So, a Playstation 1 mouse is required right, even if I play on a chipped playstation2? I've tried usb mouses and even if they turn on (led turns on) they don't work in the game...

.. Or do I really need a playstation 1 AND a playstation 1 mouse.. that would be bad

thanks!
snatchernaut
Runner
Favorite Game: snatcher

Post by snatchernaut »

ive played it with a mouse on ps1.
ive also got it for 3d0 in the premium set which comes with the mouse and policenauts mouse mat.
Letiumtide

Post by Letiumtide »

I bought the psx mouse we had at work the day the translation became available and played through the entire game with it.

So I actually have no experience playing it without the mouse, but I'd imagine it must be a lot harder to target, though people said that the shoulder buttons made for auto aim, which perhaps made the whole game a lot easier? Still, it's the only way I've known it and I love my mouse.
Vortor
Favorite Game: Outcast, Thief, Monkey island, Broken Sword.....
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid The Essential collection (MGS 1/2/3). Yeah, that's it, I think.

Post by Vortor »

I just started playing Policenauts using an emulator, and once I got to the shooting range it occured to me that I might be able to do better with the mouse. So now I'm switching between mouse and keyboard.
The drawback of the mouse seems to be that I have to aim off the screen tor reload, and I tend to tap my keys faster than I can click the mouse button, so I end up shooting slower.
But overall, I do a bit better. From 300 on the keyboard at lvl2 training to 390 on the mouse. Roughly.

The mouse makes the menus feel weird, but it's more convienient for the point-and-click parts. So I think I'll keep switching between them.
workablerafter

Post by workablerafter »

it was a great experience.

baldi's basics