About the Shooting Range...

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Newtype

About the Shooting Range...

Post by Newtype »

Are there things you can unlock or trigger in the shooting range?

- I got to see all the portrait targets in Target Mode.
- I saw Dave and Tony shoot.
- I got the 550 points in Training Mode Level 2.

Are there other things? Like, can I see Meryl or Ed shoot or can I unlock or trigger some things by getting really high scores in Training or Combat modes? Is there a "goal" in combat mode?

Finally, is there any difference when you wear the Ear Protectors? They seem useless.

Thanks for reading.
Marc
General

Re: About the Shooting Range...

Post by Marc »

You can get Meryl to show up in Act 2 if you get over 200 points in Training Mode, but you can't have looked at her boobs up to that point.

You can also upgrade your clip in Combat Mode if you shoot the metal walls 100 times.

Again in Combat Mode, if you hit 10 targets, 1 shot each, without a miss, then shoot either metal wall 4 times, a little UFO will go flying across. You can shoot it for either bonus points or some life back (determined at random).
Newtype

Post by Newtype »

Thanks for the info!

Too bad the 20-bullet clip is only for Combat Mode. I would've liked having a clip like that during the whole game.
Newtype

Post by Newtype »

Marc wrote:You can get Meryl to show up in Act 2 if you get over 200 points in Training Mode, but you can't have looked at her boobs up to that point.
If I got over 550 points in Act 1 but didn't play with her boobs, will she show up in Act 2? I'm asking 'cause I saw an older post where you wrote this:
Marc wrote:You can see Meryl shoot in Act 2 if you get more than 200 points in Training Mode and didn't make the bet with her to touch her breasts in Act 1.
You can't "choose" to make the bet, it gets forced on you. That's why I'm confused.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Well, looking at her boobs is choosing to make the bet. As long as you haven't looked at them before Act 2 and before you get 200 points in Training Mode, you're fine.