I've made some PMF's and what not in case anyone wants some.

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Crumpets
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid: Integral
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid (GBC)
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
Plus guides for all of the above (Authorised collection/Piggyback for all that had release by them, the rest are BradyGames except VR Missions which is Prima)
Snatcher (PS1)
And Policenauts
All are original, mint and complete releases (incl. spine cards etc). Also all are UK PAL except the Japanese only releases.

I've made some PMF's and what not in case anyone wants some.

Post by Crumpets »

Millionth EDIT: Problems sorted.

I've made 5 pmf videos, 6 at3 audio loops and a document.dat for PSP users to make use of, also included in the following zip are previews of the pmf's in .wav format.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4d62 ... f6e8ebb871

The pmf's are of Johnathan in space with the Policenauts, Johnathan speaking with Redwood, Johnathan in his office, Meryl and Dave (loops seemlessly of Meryl juggling her knife), and a montage of clips that show the cast etc. The .wav files are twice the speed compared to the pmf's and they genereally look a hell of a lot better on PSP with a good snd0.at3 file, but you get the idea.

EDIT: Attached are 2 SND0 files that are more seemlessly looped and smaller in filesize to use with the icon1.pmf's, I reccomend using the endtheme loop with the johnathan in space vid or montage vid. Any problems witht the attachment and these files can be got at popsdb.com

Cheers,
Crumpets
Attachments
at3 files to use with the vids.zip
(224.76 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Last edited by Crumpets on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
midori_fox
Runner
Favorite Game: Damn these kind of questions....
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear, 2
Metal Gear Solid, 2, 3, 4
MGPO
Metal Gear Ac!d, 2
Z.O.E, 2
Snatcher (rom)
Policenauts

Re: I've made some PMF's and what not in case anyone wants some.

Post by midori_fox »

Hey what programs do you use? I would love to make a few of these myself for a few other games.
NANTO KAWAI!
Crumpets
Metal Gear Solid (GBC)
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
Zone of the Enders
Plus guides for all of the above (Authorised collection/Piggyback for all that had release by them, the rest are BradyGames except VR Missions which is Prima)
Snatcher (PS1)
And Policenauts
All are original, mint and complete releases (incl. spine cards etc). Also all are UK PAL except the Japanese only releases.

Post by Crumpets »

Hi, I used camstudio for the screen cap (on 'region' for selecting the specific area to film, thus cutting off the borders. Then I used windows movie maker to edit them, this way for the vids that are made up of different clips fade in/out can be put on individual clips to make the vid go together better, also then use WMM to save that out as a wmv after using add effect: speed up (double) to make it twice speed. Then use the program winmenc, select the vid, choose load profile and select the PSP AVI one (do this before the next bits) then select 'no audio' under the audio and go to video then change the FPS to 29.970. Go back to the first tab bit where you chose the video and select encode.
Now you have a divx file, open up a program called visual dub and use it to save that divx file as an avi. Now you need UMD Tools (it's about 10-12 mb rar'd to dl usually). Go through UMD Tools folders and find UMD Stream composer, inside that folder is a folder called bin, inside that is the app. Now start a new project, select the PSP option, change the audio stream to 0 and confirm, now you have a new project open. Select video source and choose your avi video. now go to video enc settings and change the average/max bitrate to 200 and 300 (there is a line your video name/leng is on and one column has a number, should be something/4000, make sure the 'something' is below 500k). Go to 'Run' and select 'Encode+Multiplex'.
When it's done in your my documents should be a UMD Stream Composer folder, go to Mux Work folder I think it's called, find the folder with your project name and there's a 0001.mps file, you now need to get MPSTOPMF, open up the gameboot converter folder not the icon1 one. put the MPS in there. run the GamebootConverter ms dos batch file and you have a pmf appear in the same folder, rename it and it's done.

When you've made your .at3 remember that together both can't exceed 500k. There are tutorials for doing this on youtube but some of them don't explain certain parts very well, hope that helps anyway, so long as you check what you're doing at each step and look at some guides it's easy enough, if you have any problems I'd be happy to help now I've got it down :)
midori_fox
Runner
Favorite Game: Damn these kind of questions....
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear, 2
Metal Gear Solid, 2, 3, 4
MGPO
Metal Gear Ac!d, 2
Z.O.E, 2
Snatcher (rom)
Policenauts

Post by midori_fox »

Ok cool thanks. Whats the edge file in the link you gave? I found a good guide on pspmod also. The hardest part will be playing throught the games to get all the videos I want. Oh yeah I beat policenauts on my psp. Im excited to get into the shooting range with a mouse and tear it up.

Anyone have any save states on epsxe for policenauts or any other games to help me save a little time?
NANTO KAWAI!
Crumpets
Metal Gear Solid (GBC)
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
Zone of the Enders
Snatcher (PS1)
And Policenauts

Post by Crumpets »

Oh the other upload was just an Edge firmware and cheat database to use with an Edge flashcart for DS I ul'd for a mate, I linked to the folder of uploads instead of just the one upload by mistake :p Also I updated the first post so there's some much better snd0.at3 files attached to be used with the pmf's.

:)