Problems with the patch

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
tedster13
Favorite Game: shenmue
Kojima games owned: Metal gear solid twin snakes/metal gear acid one and two and others.

Re: Problems with the patch

Post by tedster13 »

I already tried the game after running the patch, before and tonight, the text is in japanese. I am playing it on a psone, modified to play import games, i put the first disc in the pc drive, used the patch bat, program, then put disc 2 in, same, this was, before i emailed you again, so i did that, you said to run the game with the 2 iso files, someone else said to burn, the files, to the discs, but running the patch pat program, and then playing the game on the psone, does not seem to do anything.
tedster13
Kojima games owned: Metal gear solid twin snakes/metal gear acid one and two and others.

Post by tedster13 »

A question, is the way to play policenauts with the patch, not to play the actual discs, but to copy the game, as in to patch to blanc dvd,s and to play these, not the actual game discs.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:I already tried the game after running the patch, before and tonight, the text is in japanese. I am playing it on a psone, modified to play import games, i put the first disc in the pc drive, used the patch bat, program, then put disc 2 in, same, this was, before i emailed you again, so i did that, you said to run the game with the 2 iso files, someone else said to burn, the files, to the discs, but running the patch pat program, and then playing the game on the psone, does not seem to do anything.
Um :/ I am confused are you saying you already ran those files before and it didn't work (and I am not saying to run both iso files at once if thats what your thinking)
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

No the patch puts policenauts 1 on first then you do the disc change for disc 2 then it applies policenuat 2 to disc 2, what i asked before is are you meant to patch blanc discs, blanc cd,s, with the patch bat program, i just read the information again, which is why i asked.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:No the patch puts policenauts 1 on first then you do the disc change for disc 2 then it applies policenuat 2 to disc 2, what i asked before is are you meant to patch blanc discs, blanc cd,s, with the patch bat program, i just read the information again, which is why i asked.
Your suppose to burn an already patched iso on a blank CD
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

I have tried that used the patch bat, first then on alcahol 120 used the image burning wizard, selected playstation format, but when i put the disc in my psone, it does not recognise anything in it, just says insert disc, i have a modified psone, what did you use to play your discs?
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:I have tried that used the patch bat, first then on alcahol 120 used the image burning wizard, selected playstation format, but when i put the disc in my psone, it does not recognise anything in it, just says insert disc, i have a modified psone, what did you use to play your discs?
I used the ePSXe emulator so I played it on my computer so I don’t have too much knowledge in this department :( but I did hear that you needed to burn the disc at 4x speed in order for the PS one to read the disk
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

My knowledge of emulators is very limited, i have downloaded that emulator, but dont know how to get the game to run, i tried emulators in the past with no success. the burning software was the one recommended on this site, it could be that although i have a chiped psone, it wont accept copies.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:My knowledge of emulators is very limited, i have downloaded that emulator, but dont know how to get the game to run, i tried emulators in the past with no success. the burning software was the one recommended on this site, it could be that although i have a chiped psone, it wont accept copies.
I was right about to ask you whether or not your PS 1 was able to play back up games. So I guess you’re going to need to use an emulator I will give you a tutorial on how to get it working

1. First thing you need to do is download JAP. PS1 BIO’s I can’t give you them as a attachment because for some resound it’s against forum rules. So just Google “Scph7000 PS1 bio”

2. Then you need the right sound and video plugins witch I have as an attachment (Put the files in the plugins folder in the folder for ePSXe)

3. Then you need to configure your sound and video plugins there is a picture of what they should look like on the bottom of the screen

4. Then just use the default CD rom plugin that comes with ePSXe

5. Then click on “File” then click on “run iso” and then click on the “Policenauts_English1.iso” file that I circled in your picture of your folder then it will start the game
Attachments
Put the files in this folder in the plugins folder in the folder for ePSXe
Put the files in this folder in the plugins folder in the folder for ePSXe
video settings.bmp (657.62 KiB) Viewed 7327 times
sound settings.bmp
sound settings.bmp (462.44 KiB) Viewed 7327 times
plugins.zip
(206.03 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Last edited by best name ever on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

I found geeksmart, it has what seem like emulators but could not find that specific one, and on torrent but to download you have to be on the download site.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:I found geeksmart, it has what seem like emulators but could not find that specific one, and on torrent but to download you have to be on the download site.
Um I thought you said you already downloaded the ePSXe :? Here I will put it as an attachment.
Attachments
epsxe170.zip
(516.86 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Last edited by best name ever on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

i have downloaded the emulator, but you said to download scph 7000 ps1 bio, which i looked up on google and came up with sites such as geeksmart. so do i still need to this?

thanks
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:i have downloaded the emulator, but you said to download scph 7000 ps1 bio, which i looked up on google and came up with sites such as geeksmart. so do i still need to this?

thanks
You still need it. If you have a YouTube account I can PM you on YouTube with a link on where to download it
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

the sound and video plug in, part wont run, a message says something like failed to start, zlib. dll not found asks me to reinstall which i do, but get same message.
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

I do its squirm13, you have probably go my other message buy now, about the program for graphics and sound not running.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:the sound and video plug in, part wont run, a message says something like failed to start, zlib. dll not found asks me to reinstall which i do, but get same message.
Okay I did some research and here is what you have to do. Download the zlib.dll (Witch I have as a attachment) and put it in the same folder as the ePSXe
Attachments
zlib123-dll.zip
(79.28 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:I do its squirm13, you have probably go my other message buy now, about the program for graphics and sound not running.
okay I will go and send you a PM
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

hi i downloaded the bios, and the dll file, put the dll in the epsexe 170 folder clicked on the icon which looks like a controller but it still wont run, brings up the same message.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:hi i downloaded the bios, and the dll file, put the dll in the epsexe 170 folder clicked on the icon which looks like a controller but it still wont run, brings up the same message.
What really? You put everything in the folder I gave in the ePSXe folder: EDIT: I put the "zlib1" file in the ePSXe folder myself I have it as an attachment
Attachments
epsxe.zip
(549.27 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Also I am going somewhere tomorrow so I won’t be on the forum till mid Saturday
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

hi if you want i will send you a screenshot of the epsxe170 folder, so you can have a look at it.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

tedster13 wrote:hi if you want i will send you a screenshot of the epsxe170 folder, so you can have a look at it.
Did the ePSXe that I put the "zlib1" file in work?
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Okay I preconfigured all the plugins and made some other changes to this ePSXe so it should work on your computer just put the “Scph7000 bio” in the “bios” folder and then go in to the ePSXe and go to “Config” and then “bios” and pick the Scph7000 bio and then your set. I will be going somewhere soon so I won’t be able to reply to anything till mid Saturday
Attachments
epsxe170.zip
(754.61 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

Hi the game runs, i dont yet know how you use a mouse on the emulator, so i cant get past the very beginning, but its looking really good so far.
tedster13

Post by tedster13 »

Hi the emulator is working and so is the p.nauts iso, thanks, how do you save the game on the emulator and how do you play it with a mouse or controller, thanks again.