Ending problem with emulators (spoilers)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
retsnom

Ending problem with emulators (spoilers)

Post by retsnom »

First of all, thanks for the great translation. Had a blast playing through.

I'm not sure if it's a known problem but here it goes: After the epilogue, the game goes blank before the credits. I've tried this on both pSX and ePSXe. On the pSX, it actually crashes the emulator right before the credits.

I'm really curious as to what Ingram says at the very end. Worst come to worst, could anyone just write what he says on here? Thanks.
FOXHOUNDER

Re: Ending problem with emulators (spoilers)

Post by FOXHOUNDER »

If you want you can watch the credits and the bit after the credits on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXxkH_v7GZI
retsnom

Post by retsnom »

Great, thanks! That summed the theme up nicely.
Spoiler:
Jonathan went back because he didn't belong on Beyond... but I'm beginning to think that he just wanted to smoke already. :mrgreen:
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

retsnom wrote:First of all, thanks for the great translation. Had a blast playing through.

I'm not sure if it's a known problem but here it goes: After the epilogue, the game goes blank before the credits. I've tried this on both pSX and ePSXe. On the pSX, it actually crashes the emulator right before the credits.
It is documented on the readme file. You can try contacting the emu authors in case they want to fix it (happens with upatched verison as well).
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Post by slowbeef »

There really was no good fix for this, outside of remaking the end credits from scratch, which becomes problematic when you try and sync it up with the music.

It really is an emulator/video plugin default, not the hack - as Artemio says, the original Japanese game has these issues as well.