I am having trouble applying the patch to my ISOs

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Balzak802
Favorite Game: Shenmue
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Snatcher
Policenauts

I am having trouble applying the patch to my ISOs

Post by Balzak802 »

I am having trouble applying the Policenauts patch to my non translated Japanese ISOs I ripped from Image Burn. Can anybody help me? The problem is that it says that it can not read the xdelta3.0u.x86-32 when I have that file labeled exactly that way in the folder so can anybody tell me how to fix it? Well hope to get a response back soon. Also, I posted screen shots of the folder I have all the contents in and a photo of the black DOS screen that applies the patch. Well, hope to get an answer soon.
Attachments
Folder.JPG
Problem.JPG
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Re: I am having trouble applying the patch to my ISOs

Post by best name ever »

I made a very in depth guide on patching policenauts in "The Ultimate Policenauts patch guide!" thread, I recommend following sections 2 and 3 exactly, right down to using the Xdelta/imgburn that I have as attachments on that thread (because I know there nothing wrong with them). Also if you have an Athlon CPU click on the "patch-athlon-cpu" batch file instead of the "patch" batch file.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

The problem you are having is because your iso files are not names Policenauts1.iso and Policenauts2.iso...

From your first screenshot I can tell that you have hidden file extensions, however the iso ones are showing.. which leads me to believe they are really named Policenauts1.iso.iso and Policenauts2.iso.iso. Try verifying this.. or renaming them to Policenauts1 and Policenauts2 (since you probably have the extensions hidden via settings form your OS)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

Artemio wrote:The problem you are having is because your iso files are not names Policenauts1.iso and Policenauts2.iso...

From your first screenshot I can tell that you have hidden file extensions, however the iso ones are showing.. which leads me to believe they are really named Policenauts1.iso.iso and Policenauts2.iso.iso. Try verifying this.. or renaming them to Policenauts1 and Policenauts2 (since you probably have the extensions hidden via settings form your OS)
...He's right! I didn't see that, disregard every thing I said.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
Balzak802
Favorite Game: Shenmue
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Snatcher
Policenauts

Post by Balzak802 »

Thanks Artemio. I followed your advice of just renaming the ISO just Policenauts1 and Policenauts2 and it worked so I finally got them patched. Now I can finally enjoy Policenauts in English. Thanks.