possible to play the jap. version for english ppl ?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
metalrex

possible to play the jap. version for english ppl ?

Post by metalrex »

hi, i just wondered if there is some translation text or script which allows you to play the game in japanese language ? i know there is a english patch, but i want to try to play the japanese one
zombie-flesheater
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
PSN: zombieflesh777

Re: possible to play the jap. version for english ppl ?

Post by zombie-flesheater »

metalrex wrote:hi, i just wondered if there is some translation text or script which allows you to play the game in japanese language ? i know there is a english patch, but i want to try to play the japanese one
Uh, then what about not applying any patch at all? The game is originally in Japanese (text and language) already anyways.
Or am i missing a vital point here?
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

So let me get this straight. You want a text script of the English translation patch so you can read along with it while playing it in Japanese...well if that’s the case then something like that does not exist but I have no idea why you would won’t to do that in the first place?
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
metalrex

Post by metalrex »

best name ever wrote:So let me get this straight. You want a text script of the English translation patch so you can read along with it while playing it in Japanese...well if that’s the case then something like that does not exist but I have no idea why you would won’t to do that in the first place?
that is what i need, i just want to try it for fun
or is it possible to somehow extract the text from the patch file ? can i email the person who translated it somehow ?
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

That might be more trouble than it’s worth but hey maybe I'm wrong! You should send marc or slowbeef a pm asking about this. They would know if it is possible :wink:
zombie-flesheater
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
PSN: zombieflesh777

Post by zombie-flesheater »

Now i get it. I didn't catch the script part at first. However, even if there was a complete script, it would be nearly impossible to read it along while playing the game in Japanese. It IS a game, after all, so the continuity of events from the script would hardly follow what you'd be playing. It would make sense for movies or books, but a game, especially a rather open ended one, would hardly be able to be played while reading along the corresponding parts of a script. The only way would be to implement the translation into the game AND keep the Japanese subtitles, too, at the same time.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

zombie-flesheater wrote:Now i get it. I didn't catch the script part at first. However, even if there was a complete script, it would be nearly impossible to read it along while playing the game in Japanese. It IS a game, after all, so the continuity of events from the script would hardly follow what you'd be playing. It would make sense for movies or books, but a game, especially a rather open ended one, would hardly be able to be played while reading along the corresponding parts of a script. The only way would be to implement the translation into the game AND keep the Japanese subtitles, too, at the same time.
Allot of people read along with text scrip’s for games that have no English patch there called Translation guides. But I just realized after reading your post that there would be a big deferent’s between reading a translation guide and reading a text of dump of an English patch because translation guides have very in dept notes on what your suppose to be reading for what time and on what you click on wile a text dump would be almost impossible to understand because it’s just a bunch of text with no guide lines for what your suppose to be reading. So even if you could dump the text from the patch Metalrex it woold be incredibly difficult to understand :/
metalrex

Post by metalrex »

i found a translation guide here
http://community-2.webtv.net/LiquidSnak ... age18.html

maybe someone will need it too ;)

regards