What about a Policenauts....movie?!

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

What about a Policenauts....movie?!

Post by randomwab »

Now this is something random that just popped into my head, but since alot of people want the general story of Policenauts why not do this. Now this is influened by an auction on ebay i saw. We all play policenauts through, and record it, we then find a way to get them onto the computers. Here we compile and edit all the clips to like the bare needs, and edit these clips in a movie making program to either have english text, or, what i think would be cool, get fans to record voices, which could be put in. Now i understand it may be hard to get the entire policenauts into something the size of a movie, so why not make it a series or something, i dunno, its just an idea!
Spartikcus

Post by Spartikcus »

If it were possible to rip the movies I would do it.
I recently did this to the Sega Saturn version of Lunar 1, since the translations I did were supposed to be screwed up and funny it ended up making the game seem like Kung Pow. :lol:
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

I think I could tolerate Policenauts more if I was watching it, rather than "playing" it. Choosing between a list of questions and repeatedly pushing buttons to get responses that I can't even understand isn't what'd I call fun. It might've been better as an animated series or movie or something.
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

ReasonWhyNot wrote:It might've been better as an animated series or movie or something.
It was just fine as a video game ;)
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Jonathan Ingram wrote:It was just fine as a video game ;)
You mean "Digital Comic".
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Or "interactive anime", "interactive movie" (in a very different sense from digital pictures... although maybe just in execution).
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Snatcher wrote:Or "interactive anime", "interactive movie" (in a very different sense from digital pictures... although maybe just in execution).
:grin: saved me the explanation. Cheers mon!
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

Yeah, I guess it doesn't matter then. They're already cinematic enough. I just need a bigger television.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

I was thinking about this again, and i cam up with a good example to compare to. When Shenmue 2 came out on the X-Box, there was an extra disc, title "Shenmue The Movie". Basically they had got the best bits of Shenmue and put them into the bare essentials to allow everyone to catch up with the story. Now, bare in mind that Shenmue is a bloody huge game, so to do this must have been a task, but in my opinion, it worked in the end. Now, in comparissin to Policenauts, could something like this not be done, as i said originally, it would save alot of hassel translating the game, though im sure people will still want to translate the game, because watching Shenmue The Movie is nothing close to playing the game, but it would give people the story, the brilliant characters, and some brilliantly animated cut-scenes