Policenauts 4 Windows.

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Policenauts 4 Windows.

Post by best name ever »

[Old thing you shouldn't be using]
Last edited by best name ever on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
gonda

Re: Policenauts 4 Windows.

Post by gonda »

best name ever wrote:Here is a small project that I just finished. I'm dubbing it,
Policenauts 4 Windows.
Nice. I'll give a try. Always wanted to replay Policenauts.
Thanks, mate.
Caribou
Favorite Game: Super Mario Bros
Kojima games owned: MGS

Post by Caribou »

Hello! Congratulations on Policenauts4Windows!

By the way, the instructions on merging the two CDs do not specify that simply overwriting the files and folders from cd2 with the files and folders from cd2 will in fact delete the unique files in the Naut subfolder, 190MB worth of data which I believe is meant to be included, as the stated filesize for the merged .bin is 1.19GB.

Now I wanted to ask here, is everyone experiencing loud, crackling audio in the Konami logo movie and pre-title movie? I have found that raising the audio setting to (better treble) fixes the problem. I would like to know if others have this issue, and if they have fixed it this way, and if this creates any other issues. I'm setting this up on a pal's computer and also plan to live stream the game, and would like to make sure as best I can that the settings I use won't cause unexpected problems. The (better treble) setting seems fine, however, I have only tested up until the point where you start mouse-clicking in-game. I assume that not everyone has this issue, or else (better treble) would be the default setting, and so I'm also concerned as to why this is happening.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

You know, I have made some changes to this little project since I first posted it. I changed the sound plugin to "Eternal SPU" which seemed to get rid of the slight audio crackle that I would occasionally get with P.E.O.p.S DSound Audio Driver 1.9. I also included the E}I{'s softGPU plugin so it is possible to watch the credits.

I just added v1.1 to the front page. I hope this fixes your issue :)

EDIT: Updated the main image.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!