View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:43 am



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Having trouble with burnt Policenauts 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 3
Reply with quote
Post Having trouble with burnt Policenauts
I recently tried to burn Policenauts English Disc 1, but can't get it to play properly. I'm using a PS1 with Game Enhancer 7 plugged in the back. The Konami clip always skips, and so does the one before the title screen. When I start the game it always freezes about 10 seconds into the first clip, and nothing else ever loads up. I burned two different discs one using a TDK CDR with IMGburn at 1X write speed, and a Sony CDR on Alcohol 120% at 10X, and the same problem occurs on both of them. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to fix this? Please help, I've been dying to play this game. Any advice would be greatly apprechiated.


Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:04 am
Profile
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:49 pm
Posts: 357
Reply with quote
Post Re: Having trouble with burnt Policenauts
PS1Policenauts wrote:
I recently tried to burn Policenauts English Disc 1, but can't get it to play properly. I'm using a PS1 with Game Enhancer 7 plugged in the back. The Konami clip always skips, and so does the one before the title screen. When I start the game it always freezes about 10 seconds into the first clip, and nothing else ever loads up. I burned two different discs one using a TDK CDR with IMGburn at 1X write speed, and a Sony CDR on Alcohol 120% at 10X, and the same problem occurs on both of them. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to fix this? Please help, I've been dying to play this game. Any advice would be greatly apprechiated.
Sounds like a write speed issue.
I'm guessing Alcohol 120% states that your slowest write speed is 10x? If this is the case then Imgburn is also burning at that same speed, even thought you selected 1x (You should get a message in the log stating that it's changing speeds).

10x might be too fast for your PS1. Is there any way you could use a different burner that supports slower write speeds?

_________________
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!


Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 3
Reply with quote
Post Re: Having trouble with burnt Policenauts
best name ever wrote:
PS1Policenauts wrote:
I recently tried to burn Policenauts English Disc 1, but can't get it to play properly. I'm using a PS1 with Game Enhancer 7 plugged in the back. The Konami clip always skips, and so does the one before the title screen. When I start the game it always freezes about 10 seconds into the first clip, and nothing else ever loads up. I burned two different discs one using a TDK CDR with IMGburn at 1X write speed, and a Sony CDR on Alcohol 120% at 10X, and the same problem occurs on both of them. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to fix this? Please help, I've been dying to play this game. Any advice would be greatly apprechiated.
Sounds like a write speed issue.
I'm guessing Alcohol 120% states that your slowest write speed is 10x? If this is the case then Imgburn is also burning at that same speed, even thought you selected 1x (You should get a message in the log stating that it's changing speeds).

10x might be too fast for your PS1. Is there any way you could use a different burner that supports slower write speeds?


Thanks for the quick response. Is there any kind of burning software that could force the drive to write at a lower speed than 10X?


Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm
Profile
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:30 pm
Posts: 137
Reply with quote
Post Re: Having trouble with burnt Policenauts
Just stick with IMGburn and use write speed 4x. It worked for me.


Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:26 pm
Profile
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:49 pm
Posts: 357
Reply with quote
Post Re: Having trouble with burnt Policenauts
SnatcherMkII wrote:
Just stick with IMGburn and use write speed 4x. It worked for me.

Yeah, but if his drive can't write at 4x then you have an issue.

PS1Policenauts wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Is there any kind of burning software that could force the drive to write at a lower speed than 10X?

The write speed of your drive isn't determined by the burning software, but by the drive firmware and hardware.
You could try updating your drives firmware and see if it gives you support to burn slower, if not, then your hardware is incapable.

I originally thought Imgburn had the ability to force write speeds, but sadly that doesn't appear to be the case...

_________________
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!


Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 3
Reply with quote
Post Re: Having trouble with burnt Policenauts
Before creating an account here, and making this thread. I burned three Policenauts discs using different burners and burn settings. Since then I've been trying almost every PS1 game I have as a boot disc, and finally got Twisted Metal 4 to work as one after A LOT of trying and the game freezing. The Policenauts disc was burned on a Sony CDR using Alcohol 120% at 10X (lowest it could go) with buffer underrun and rectify sub-channel data enabled. So far I made it to Jonathan's office and everything appears to be working good, without any freezing. Thanks for all of the comments and help. Hopefully when it comes time to burn disc 2 nothing will go wrong. Thanks again.


Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:16 pm
Profile
J.U.N.K.E.R.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 281
Location: Outskirts of Neo Kobe
Reply with quote
Post Re: Having trouble with burnt Policenauts
could always burn the second disc while playing the game. Less wait ;)

_________________
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
Image


Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.