A question about burning Policenauts on disc?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
AssyriansGodHand
Favorite Game: Policenauts & Metal Gear Solid 3
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 3, 4, and Policenauts.

A question about burning Policenauts on disc?

Post by AssyriansGodHand »

I have read the guide about the patching and it mentioned that the game size were over 700MB. It says we can use 2 different type of CD'S to burn Polincenauts are Verbatim and Memorex. Each of them can hold up 700MB of data. Is it ok to use them or no? I just want to make sure before I purchase them thanks alot.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Re: A question about burning Policenauts on disc?

Post by best name ever »

Yes, it's okay. The iso image file will be over 700mg, but it will all fit on a 700mg CD-R.
Also, try to use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden CD-R. I have come to find out that Memorex is a bit hit or miss in the quality department. When you buy Memorex it's a 50-50 chance you will either get a batch that was manufactured by "CMC Magnetics Corp" (which is good quality) or "Moser Baer India" (which is bad quality) and there's no way to find out what company there manufactured by until you purchase it and verify it with ImgBurn. It's Like Russian roulette with them, so just stick with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
AssyriansGodHand

best name ever wrote:Yes, it's okay. The iso image file will be over 700mg, but it will all fit on a 700mg CD-R.
Also, try to use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden CD-R. I have come to find out that Memorex is a bit hit or miss in the quality department. When you buy Memorex it's a 50-50 chance you will either get a batch that was manufactured by "CMC Magnetics Corp" (which is good quality) or "Moser Baer India" (which is bad quality) and there's no way to find out what company there manufactured by until you purchase it and verify it with ImgBurn. It's Like Russian roulette with them, so just stick with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.
Ok thank you friend. I will get Verbatim and do the process.
AssyriansGodHand

best name ever wrote:Yes, it's okay. The iso image file will be over 700mg, but it will all fit on a 700mg CD-R.
One quick question for you again. Policenauts isn't region locked is it? Thanks.
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

If your PS1 is modchipped, don't worry about it.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
AssyriansGodHand

TechNoir wrote:If your PS1 is modchipped, don't worry about it.
Not really it is not mod chip. But I do have the game enhancer V8 and The Gold Finger Video Game Enhancer. I got confused some how. I burned Driver 1 game and my PS1 system did play the copy but it didn't play my import Japanese game Winning Eleven by using game enhancer V8 and even the swtich was up.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

All PS1 games are region locked. With that being said, the region information and the copy protection are both stored on the same section of a PS1 pressed disk and are both checked at the same time. In other words, if your using a modchip/Game Enhancer to avoid the copy protection, you are also avoiding the region protection.
AssyriansGodHand

best name ever wrote:All PS1 games are region locked. With that being said, the region information and the copy protection are both stored on the same section of a PS1 pressed disk and are both checked at the same time. In other words, if your using a modchip/Game Enhancer to avoid the copy protection, you are also avoiding the region protection.
There is something confusing about my PS1. I told my friend about that and he gave a burned copy of PS1 and I removed the game enhancer to try it out and the copied or burned game worked fine on my PS1 system without the game enhancer which is confusing to me. I don't no if my PS1 system was modded to play only copy games because its strange though.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Hmm, that is strange. Do you happen to have a PSone (not a PS1)? The later revision of the PlayStation that looks like this.
This revision introduced a duel region check system. First when it reads it from the copy protection and another at the BIOS screen. If you have a PSone, then you might have a mod chip installed that gets rid of the first system check, thus letting you play CD-R's in your region. However, the added region check at the BIOS screen is the issue for CD-R's out of your region. I believe there are ways around this that involve modifying the region information on the ISO itself before patching, but I'm really not familiar with that territory (I don't own a PSone).

If your interested, you can read about the inner machinations of the PlayStation's copy&region protection here,
http://wololo.net/2012/12/10/how-ps1-security-works/
AssyriansGodHand

best name ever wrote:Hmm, that is strange. Do you happen to have a PSone (not a PS1)? The later revision of the PlayStation that looks like this.
This revision introduced a duel region check system. First when it reads it from the copy protection and another at the BIOS screen. If you have a PSone, then you might have a mod chip installed that gets rid of the first system check, thus letting you play CD-R's in your region. However, the added region check at the BIOS screen is the issue for CD-R's out of your region. I believe there are ways around this that involve modifying the region information on the ISO itself before patching, but I'm really not familiar with that territory (I don't own a PSone).

If your interested, you can read about the inner machinations of the PlayStation's copy&region protection here,
http://wololo.net/2012/12/10/how-ps1-security-works/
I have the phat PS1 model 7501 that has paraller port in the back and Iam just being able to play PS1 US games and not original import or copy import. The best thing to do is that tonight I will open my PS1 and see what does it have inside as I have 2 game enhancer that it should allow to play any import games or copies import but with this system its not.