Can't patch Policenauts?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
AssyriansGodHand
Favorite Game: Policenauts & Metal Gear Solid 3
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 3, 4, and Policenauts.

Can't patch Policenauts?

Post by AssyriansGodHand »

I have followed the guide but when I click on the patch file or the patch-athlon-cpu to patch policenauts. I got an error saying the "xdelta3-3.0.8.x86-32 is not recognized an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Patching disc 2" I did rip both discs into ISO format and put them in the patch folder after I did extract the patch. Thanks for any help.
AssyriansGodHand

Re: Can't patch Policenauts?

Sorry I was missing something. After saving the file as ISO, I got a message saying "that this is not the proper format to save this file as ISO but if you want to me to do it click yes" And I clicked yes but after the green bar appears but it just stay like that forever and saying "reading sectors! I don't no if this program is bad or something else. I can't rip the game file into ISO with this program IMGBRUN and its just staying at reading sectors for ever. Is there any other program to use? Thanks a lot.
AssyriansGodHand

I ripped the game file into ISO by using another program called PowerISO, before converting it to ISO file it gave me an error saying AN I/O error something. But it did the job. And also I had to change the name of the xdelta program xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe and it worked but while patching it. You can see below the error and I have read the "read me guide" and mentioned that "If you are getting "XD3_INVALID_INPUT (checksum) error" it is possible you have an athlon CPU, please execute patch-athlon-cpu.bat instead, or execute the following commands with -n before the -f -d -s." Thanks for any help its driving me crazy.
Attachments
2014-01-24-003320.jpg
2014-01-24-003340.jpg
AssyriansGodHand

No need to bather as I gave up on this shit. I have almost spent 5 hours and used 3 software just trying to get the ISO from both discs and didn't work. All the time error and error. Thanks guys anyways.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

Okay, let me see if I can help you.
First step, use ImgBurn and keep the format as a BIN. Once it's done ripping, rename the BIN image to Policenauts1.iso (NOTE: renaming it to Policenauts1.iso should remove the .bin extension, so make sure you have file extensions visible in windows folder options). Do the same for disc two.

Second step, download the patch, extract it and place the Xdelta file I have attached in the patches archive (xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe). Then click on patch.bat or patch-athlon-cpu.bat, depending on your situation. The patcher will do its thing and within minuets you will have two new ISO files that are English patched.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
Xdelta.zip
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe
(106.3 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
AssyriansGodHand

best name ever wrote:Okay, let me see if I can help you.
First step, use ImgBurn and keep the format as a BIN. Once it's done ripping, rename the BIN image to Policenauts1.iso (NOTE: renaming it to Policenauts1.iso should remove the .bin extension, so make sure you have file extensions visible in windows folder options). Do the same for disc two.

Second step, download the patch, extract it and place the Xdelta file I have attached in the patches archive (xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe). Then click on patch.bat or patch-athlon-cpu.bat, depending on your situation. The patcher will do its thing and within minuets you will have two new ISO files that are English patched.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your help and I will try do it as you said. But when I did extract the patch file, I see 2 files have different names and not patch.bat or patch-athlon-cpu.bat. One is named just patch and the second is named patch-athlon-cpu. Is that ok or just have those names you mentioned? Thanks.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

You can't see the ".bat" part because you have file extensions invisible in your windows folder options.
To disable this, follow this.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... =windows-7
After this, you will be able to see file extensions, this helps when your renaming your .bin files of Policenauts to " Policenauts1.iso" and " Policenauts2.iso".
AssyriansGodHand

best name ever wrote:You can't see the ".bat" part because you have file extensions invisible in your windows folder options.
To disable this, follow this.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... =windows-7
After this, you will be able to see file extensions, this helps when your renaming your .bin files of Policenauts to " Policenauts1.iso" and " Policenauts2.iso".
I have to send you money lool. Thank you so much man it did work. I followed your step guide by making the bin file first of the game and change the name to Policenauts1.iso and it worked. Thanks a lot man you been big help and Iam playing the game now as I didn't understand anything before due to the Japanese language.
best name ever
Second Lieutenant

Post by best name ever »

Your welcome. Hope you enjoy the game :)
AssyriansGodHand

best name ever wrote:Your welcome. Hope you enjoy the game :)
Thank you. Yeah, enjoying the game a lot as now I understand what is happening and Iam at disc 2 now.
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

>Iam at disc 2 now.
Wow, that's pretty quick.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand
AssyriansGodHand

TechNoir wrote:>Iam at disc 2 now.
Wow, that's pretty quick.
lol. I finished the game 2 days ago and it was fun a lot to play it in English.