Policenauts PC-98 Text Dump

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Hellrun
Favorite Game: Policenauts

Policenauts PC-98 Text Dump

Post by Hellrun »

Hey guys, I've been browsing these forums for years but recently I've started to go crazy with the idea of a PC-98 Policenauts English translation. I loved the PSX translation but the I personally find the graphics of the PC-98 version much better so it would be nice to play it in English.

With the emulation working much better these days for PC-98 (albeit still some issues with lip sync), it would certainly not be a waste to have it translated. So I'm wondering, as a first query about this, has there ever been a text dump from the Policenauts PC-98 version to anyone's knowledge? My desperation to play this is such that if I have to get the text dump and take it down to my local Japanese restaurant and have it translated, I won't hesitate!

Thanks!
Jexis Lexington
Favorite Game: Probably Boktai
Kojima games owned: Let's see, I have Boktai 1, Boktai 2, played Boktai 3 translated on an emulator, Lunar Knights, played Snatcher on an emulator, actually fricken' bought the Project Melancholia SD Snatcher translation, and am quite familiar with Metal Gear through Let's Plays.
Xbox Live: JexisAgain

Re: Policenauts PC-98 Text Dump

Post by Jexis Lexington »

It'd probably be easier to take the English translation rather than re-translating it altogether. I doubt the text is wildly different between versions. I dunno who to ask about getting the English script or who to ask about help programming in the translation. It'd be quite a task, but I'd also love to see the PC-98 version in English too. Not sure how feasible that is, though.
Hellrun
Favorite Game: Policenauts

Re: Policenauts PC-98 Text Dump

Post by Hellrun »

I know man, it's seeming like an impossibility at this stage! :(

I think there is extra dialogue in the PC-98 version, but I'm not 100% certain of this.