View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Policenauts PC-98 Text Dump 

Post Policenauts PC-98 Text Dump
Hey guys, I've been browsing these forums for years but recently I've started to go crazy with the idea of a PC-98 Policenauts English translation. I loved the PSX translation but the I personally find the graphics of the PC-98 version much better so it would be nice to play it in English.

With the emulation working much better these days for PC-98 (albeit still some issues with lip sync), it would certainly not be a waste to have it translated. So I'm wondering, as a first query about this, has there ever been a text dump from the Policenauts PC-98 version to anyone's knowledge? My desperation to play this is such that if I have to get the text dump and take it down to my local Japanese restaurant and have it translated, I won't hesitate!

Thanks!

Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:16 am

Post Re: Policenauts PC-98 Text Dump
It'd probably be easier to take the English translation rather than re-translating it altogether. I doubt the text is wildly different between versions. I dunno who to ask about getting the English script or who to ask about help programming in the translation. It'd be quite a task, but I'd also love to see the PC-98 version in English too. Not sure how feasible that is, though.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:19 am

Post Re: Policenauts PC-98 Text Dump
I know man, it's seeming like an impossibility at this stage! :(

I think there is extra dialogue in the PC-98 version, but I'm not 100% certain of this.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]