Foreign translations and patch status. Help required.

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
IlDucci
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 1
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
Zone of The Enders
Zone of The Enders 2: The Second Runner

Foreign translations and patch status. Help required.

Post by IlDucci »

Good evening everyone. Sorry I haven't updated the posts around here after the forum's backup, I've been having one hell of a year.

There's been a few developments over the last months. I've been contacted by two outside parties regarding an attempt on a Russian translation for Policenauts, but I remember someone on this forum contacted me as well. I honestly don't remember who was, so if you can show around here, I'd really appreciate it.

SaturnAR; the main programmer for Policenauts' Saturn patch, is MIA. I've got all the source code dating from the remnants of PSX's programming by Slowbeef, but it's a mess of folders, information, and I don't know what licence is required.

I want to release all the source code as promised, but I also need help finishing the tools. I currently need help for porting the Saturn texts to PSX automatically (With some sort of dictionary), re-researching some stuff that got lost in PSX (Like hacking graphics), and finishing the research on other areas as well (The ability of modifying audios and editing the audio packages).

Anyone around that can help me out with this one?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Foreign translations and patch status. Help required.

Post by Artemio »

As you might know, I am interested in helping. But am currently swamped with work and other projects, if nobody else shows up, I can rise to the challenge in a few months.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
powderehss
Favorite Game: Policenauts <3
Kojima games owned: MGS HD Collection, ZOE HD Collection, Metal Gear Rising, MGS Portable Ops, MGS Peace Walker

Post by powderehss »

It sounds really cool!
But... I don't really know anything when it comes to hacking unfortunately... ;;
TechNoir
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by TechNoir »

I haven't been around here for a while, but yes, I was the one who contacted you a long time ago. I'll be sending you a PM - if you're still interested, we'll discuss it further there.
Holy shit I'm smoking in SPAAAACE! - AwesomeBrand