Whats with the "Do Do Do Do" thing?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Whats with the "Do Do Do Do" thing?

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

This sound is found throughout Policenauts (and at the beggining of MGS intro). I know its made by a synthesizer, but whats with the sound, why is it everywhere?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Everywhere? I is just my "new SMS" sound in my cellphone.. I don't call that "everywhere" =P

Well, It was simply part of the music in Policenauts, and after that it is just a reference to Policenauts... it would be hard to find any more meaning in it if we don't ask Kojima himself.. but it will be a good question if we meet again =)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

You've met Kojima before?? :o

Oh and putting it on the cellphone, thats cheer brilliance!! *Wishes he had a cell phone*
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Ninja Kurosai wrote:You've met Kojima before?? :o
Yes, I went with the local magazine/video game tv program I sometimes write for, as Photographer. I did ask one question too , and give him and Scott a small present during our visit to Konami's offices.

Some pics are at:

http://junkerhq.net/Japan/
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Awsome. Oh, may I ask what was Kojimas reaction to the present and the collection you presented him to sign :P ?
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Ninja Kurosai wrote:Awsome. Oh, may I ask what was Kojimas reaction to the present and the collection you presented him to sign :P ?
He was glad about it... surprised. About the games, he was impressed that I brought those games. Scott said they were hard to find even in Japan.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

I think I've seen this before, but again, great shots of TOKYO tower and other goodies, its way better than the ones I took when I went in 02 for a family re-union. man when I finish up stuff here in the states I'm goin to japan. Cause I hear the draft is coming to the USA and even 18 - 25 year olds will be shipped, even women, crazy crap. So I'm savin money to head back there soon, and live in a glass and plastic box hahahahha :wink:

I don't wanna sound crazy but when I was in front of the Roppongi Hills building and seeing it in the distance it somehow reminded me of junker hq. :wink:
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Snake Plissken wrote: 18 - 25 year olds will be shipped, even women, crazy crap.
I may have to move there earlier than I planned...... :lol:
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Ninja Kurosai wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote: 18 - 25 year olds will be shipped, even women, crazy crap.
I may have to move there earlier than I planned...... :lol:
It largely depends on who gets elected this November. Well, if you can call it an election, 2000's certainly wasn't.

Anyway, the general consenus is Bush will call a draft next year for the coming war with Iran, and Kerry will wait a few years to give the Iranians longer to build up their arsenal.
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

either way the USA is screwed. I looked in Gov. records out of a rumor. 2 months ago about 2 million $ was put into selective services. And they collected finally every person in a census on the list. Corperations are controlling the gov. And the Gov cover's their asses. Anyone in the USA and pretty much is not free, we're all slaves to money and possession obsession
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

More than that, for the last year, yes, the last year, the government has been quietly refilling all the draft appeal board positions. Why would they do this if they have 'no plans to reinstate the draft'? It's such a farce.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Either way Americans are screwed :x
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

Yeahhh.... I'm not looking forward to that. I'm 22, male, and American, which pretty much makes me prime draft material. Bleaaaaah.
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

Osiris wrote:More than that, for the last year, yes, the last year, the government has been quietly refilling all the draft appeal board positions. Why would they do this if they have 'no plans to reinstate the draft'? It's such a farce.
they say its in gear for this spring, but possibly ready now. Think about not the words war or world police, think about world domination. And you need a big army for that. The USA is made out to be a big super power. Bush has borrowed some tech. from hitler in fact here and there.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

(Im not making this up) Im Buddhist so I think I would actually be looked over from being drafted, I just dont want them to throw some crap at me saying I was making it up to escape or something.
FoxHound

Post by FoxHound »

Fun Facts:
A) You would need congress to reinstate the draft
B) Most of congress is made up of the Vietnam generation.

There's not going to be a draft.
It would be the most unpopular thing ever, and due to the fact that the thing legislators care about most is getting relelected.... IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
(Unless Iran paradrops into DC and begins a fullscale invasion of the US....anybody see Red Dawn?)

World Domination? What?
Artemio
Site Admin

Back on track

Post by Artemio »

I was talking about policenauts a fellow Kojima fan.. and noticed something about this music..

Well, Policenauts is the only game that Kojima has let no one else direct, all versions and ports have been directly supervised by himself.. unlike Metal Gear and Snatcher.

You might notrice that this music was removed from integral... that the Policenauts videos were removed from the Twin Snakes... and you also know that those were not his direct jobs but ports, remakes or updates... mighte there be more of a direct relation here?
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

FoxHound wrote:Fun Facts:

It would be the most unpopular thing ever, and due to the fact that the thing legislators care about most is getting relelected.... IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
(Unless Iran paradrops into DC and begins a fullscale invasion of the US....anybody see Red Dawn?)

World Domination? What?
Well, that's the thing, they're waiting until after the election (congressional too) to do anything about it. Notice how up until now it has been a relatively quiet issue on the campaign trail.

If Bush gets in, there will be a draft, if Kerry gets in, I tend to think there won't be. It would be unpopular in today's world, but who knows how Americans would feel about it after another 'terrorist attack'... People who oppose it would be called 'weak' and 'unpatriotic'. It would divide the US, yet again.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Snatcher wrote: You might notrice that this music was removed from integral... that the Policenauts videos were removed from the Twin Snakes... and you also know that those were not his direct jobs but ports, remakes or updates... mighte there be more of a direct relation here?
Hmm I also noticed this with TTS, I though the sound was a part of the actual intro to MGs (instead of a reference), and the scenes with ZOE, although still a tribute to Kojima, sucked. Im pretty sure Kojima will retaliate with some references in MGS3 :D
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

FoxHound wrote:Fun Facts:

World Domination? What?
Have you ever heard of the words corruption, and hypocrite? Thats what 98% of congress is made up of, liers and manipulators ahaahahahahah enough said, sorry for bringing scares into a normal topic about the do do do do.

Oh, and red dawn came on last night, god what a horrible movie, even for my low budget standards...maybe its just swayze :roll:
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Hahaha, I just read your sig, Snake. Funny stuff.

I would have done it like this:

C: You failed, Snake, the mission's over. But I do have good news...
S: I can continue and try again?
C: Haha, no, this is Kojima's one-time and it's broken game. I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance!
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

Osiris wrote:Hahaha, I just read your sig, Snake. Funny stuff.

I would have done it like this:

C: You failed, Snake, the mission's over. But I do have good news...
S: I can continue and try again?
C: Haha, no, this is Kojima's one-time and it's broken game. I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance!
lol thanks, I'm gonna revision it soon with a new message :wink: So keep your eyes open hahaahhahahahahah
FoxHound

Post by FoxHound »

alright....
That would make sense for the president - since he has a two term limit.

The congress has different term limitations.
They are also the only ones who could make that decision.

Who is elected to congress is completely isolated from who is elected president.

Next take into account that the entire emphasis of the Iraq campaign was the opposite of the first Gulf War, which has big on overwhelming numbers (Powell doctrine)

This campaign was based on surgical strikes and heavy utilization of special forces.

If the number of troops in Iraq escalates, those troops will come from other parts of the Active Duty army. My best guess would be removing troops from eastern europe where they are no longer needed to fight a Soviet invasion or possibly from South Korea, because the battleplan for the defense of South Korea calls for nuclear weapons. (Several thousand GIs cant take on 1 million N. Koreans)

The draft is a scare tactic to get people to vote democratic.
(I am not biased one way or the other, this is just so blatant that its ridiculous)
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

At least I know a guy that knows his stuff like me. Most people doubt me and listen to a media source with skull and bones and monoply gov. connections and take their lies..I mean word. I'm gettin out of the USA anyways so now I have a real reason
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

FoxHound wrote:alright....
That would make sense for the president - since he has a two term limit.

The congress has different term limitations.
They are also the only ones who could make that decision.

Who is elected to congress is completely isolated from who is elected president.

Next take into account that the entire emphasis of the Iraq campaign was the opposite of the first Gulf War, which has big on overwhelming numbers (Powell doctrine)

This campaign was based on surgical strikes and heavy utilization of special forces.

If the number of troops in Iraq escalates, those troops will come from other parts of the Active Duty army. My best guess would be removing troops from eastern europe where they are no longer needed to fight a Soviet invasion or possibly from South Korea, because the battleplan for the defense of South Korea calls for nuclear weapons. (Several thousand GIs cant take on 1 million N. Koreans)

The draft is a scare tactic to get people to vote democratic.
(I am not biased one way or the other, this is just so blatant that its ridiculous)
Heh, the same Congress that passed the la-li-lu-le-lo Act without even being allowed to read it? They're quite subservient in times like that. Anyone who steps out of line and voices opposition is demonized and called 'unpatriotic'. I guess it's unpatriotic to fight for what's best for your country huh?

I am not a supporter of either the Democrats or the Republicans, but I can read their speak, and I believe it will happen next year. That's my prediction. Another attack inside the US would only help it along. And again, people who didn't support it would be called unpatriotic.

In order to invade Iran, if that's what they do, they will need more bodies in uniform.