View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PC-98 version (w/Lip-Sync fixed) 
Runner

Post PC-98 version (w/Lip-Sync fixed)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UL7d1fbhjr

Someone posted a playthrough of the PC-98 version of the game. However, there is something different about it. It appears the lip-sync (obviously when the characters open and close their mouths to talk) was dramatically fixed. In most Emulated versions, the lip-syncing is virtually non-existent.

I have always praised the PC-98 Policenauts for having, in my honest opinion, the most beautiful graphics of the four different versions, and the better opening theme. This makes me appreciate it more than ever.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:50 am
Runner

Post Re: PC-98 version (w/Lip-Sync fixed)
I had to check and see if someone over at Tokugawa Forums said anything about it. It could be a direct feed from the actual computer for all I know.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to animate my avatar.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:59 pm
Runner

Now that I think about it, this HAS to be from a real PC-9821. The most recent PC-98 emulator update (Neko Project II) was in 2004. I'll be surprised if this is from an emulator.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:05 pm
Runner

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an emulator from Japan that hasn't been discovered by westerners yet, unless that guy put a lot of effort into getting the lip sync to work on existing software, since trying to get direct feed from either an old computer or an arcade board could be a difficult task.

I have heard of a couple of peps that were able to get direct feeds from the Sega Lindbergh and record them playing OutRun 2 SP or other games on that board.

Update: Well, I went to check that Np II website, and the last update was from three days ago (as of this post). It could be possible that that YouTuber was using Np II v84 build, which was released back in May last year.

http://www.yui.ne.jp/np2/

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Watching these videos in 1080p is wonderful. I wish the PC-98 version had a translation, the art is exceptional.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:09 am
Second Lieutenant

snatcher1988 wrote:
Now that I think about it, this HAS to be from a real PC-9821. The most recent PC-98 emulator update (Neko Project II) was in 2004. I'll be surprised if this is from an emulator.

Pretty sure Neko Project II's been forked. I have a couple different versions all compiled in 2013.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]