Policenauts intro music

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Wesker

Policenauts intro music

Post by Wesker »

I wish to know what's the intro's music name, which appears after Earth is showed with the word "Home" on it. The one that has the "Do do do", but with full music, not just the simpler version from the main menu and many parts in the game. It rocks, but I don't find it anywhere, only the simpler one. Anyone could help me?
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

"Policenauts" End Title contains the 'do do do' and music, but it is slightly different from the intro of the PSX version of the game. That music there isn't on a soundtrack as far as I'm aware, and is singular to the PSX version I think (Plissken will know for sure).

Otherwise, it's in "Old L.A. 2040" kind of, but the mixing is different from the PSX version.
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

Jonathan Ingram wrote:"Policenauts" End Title contains the 'do do do' and music, but it is slightly different from the intro of the PSX version of the game. That music there isn't on a soundtrack as far as I'm aware, and is singular to the PSX version I think (Plissken will know for sure).

Otherwise, it's in "Old L.A. 2040" kind of, but the mixing is different from the PSX version.
Well, I don't know about the PSX version, but the one I'm refering to is the Sega Saturn version, which I have. I suppose that both version have the same music. Or with "singular to the PSX version" are you meaning that they have different intro music?
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Wesker wrote:
Jonathan Ingram wrote:"Policenauts" End Title contains the 'do do do' and music, but it is slightly different from the intro of the PSX version of the game. That music there isn't on a soundtrack as far as I'm aware, and is singular to the PSX version I think (Plissken will know for sure).

Well, I don't know about the PSX version, but the one I'm refering to is the Sega Saturn version, which I have. I suppose that both version have the same music. Or with "singular to the PSX version" are you meaning that they have different intro music?
Yes, I think that the PSX version has its own music. As I said, when Plissken reads this topic I'm sure he'll clear the problem.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

The Intro Song on all versions expcept the PC9821 version is "End of Dark" which is track 36 on the Policenauts OST. In the PC9821 version it is played towards the end (which the ost was centered towards at release), rather then on later versions in the intro where it replaces Old L.A.

And "End of Dark" is the Version of The Theme with thick bass and synth beats. :grin: And the version your talking about. ;)
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

That must be. I checked "Old L.A. 2040" and has nothing to do with the one I'm talking about.

The bad point is that I can't find "End of the Dark" anywhere. I got "End Title" wich is very similar, but it wasn't exactly the one I was looking for. How unlucky. :sad:
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

Wesker wrote:That must be. I checked "Old L.A. 2040" and has nothing to do with the one I'm talking about.

The bad point is that I can't find "End of the Dark" anywhere. I got "End Title" wich is very similar, but it wasn't exactly the one I was looking for. How unlucky. :sad:
meh...meet me on the roof with the chopper waiting, in un marked bills...
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I just listened to the OST and End of the Dark is the track indeed.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

You're about as right as it gets Plissken. Told you he'd save the day! We're OK for another sunrise!
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

Alas, I have won another internet! *roughs up a bar road house style*
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

Wonderful. I can finally rest in peace! :grin:

Many thanks. :cool:
Random

Post by Random »

i wanted to know this too, cool!