Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
RyuHayabusa
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear - NES CIB
Metal Gear - Famicom CIB
Snake's Revenge - NES CIB
Metal Gear Solid - Playstation
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snaker Eater - PS2
Metal Gear Solid 4 -PS3
Metal Gear HD Collection - PS3
Metal Gear Solid - Peace Walker - PSP
Zone of the Enders HD Collection - PS3
Snatcher CD-Romantic - PC Engine
Snather Pilot Disk - PC Engine
Snatcher - Sega CD
Snatcher - Sega Saturn
Snatcher - Playstation
Policenauts - Sega Saturn
Policenauts - Playstation - The Best
Policenauts - Playstation

Re: Patch is up

Post by RyuHayabusa »

I'm about 3 hours into the game and so far it's working like a dream. Thanks again for all your great work. You did a fantastic job!!!!
Snatcher42
Favorite Game: Snatcher!
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD & PC Engine), Policenauts (PSX & Saturn), MGS 1 & 2 (PC)

Post by Snatcher42 »

Just played to the end of act 1 for the very first time, and all I can say is bravo, you've realized a 14 year dream! Everything seems flawless, and the game is absolutely awesome to play! :)
mrgone

Post by mrgone »

damn you all playing right now :) i am at work and cannot play
Gillian_Seed
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, Snatcher, Policenauts, Boktai, Boktai 2, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, (also Metal Gear Acid)

Post by Gillian_Seed »

Just downloaded and will soon play once I get all the patching sorted out.
Thanks to everyone who worked on this!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Souther
PSN: Cyclonus

Post by Souther »

Yeah, everyone that worked on this has to be commended. I've only played up until Lorraine shows up and...Just the insane amount of text is boggling.
yakety
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD, SAT), Policenauts (PSX, SAT), MG 1 & 2, MGS 1-4, Zone of Enders 1 & 2

Post by yakety »

AWESOME!!!!

I went to japan and bought two PSX and one saturn special edition of policenauts, just in case! Finally I can play them and understand.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Going through the game now, it just seems so damn surreal to be playing Policenauts after this wait. Wow. Unbelievable. The amount of work that you guys must have done (just by seeing how much text there is in this game...yikes) is so beyond any amount of thanks that can be said, but honestly, this is the greatest gift any fan of Snatcher, or Kojima could ever have. So THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!
sna

Post by sna »

snatcher1996 wrote:Everything works perfect for me, great work guys!

One thing that I miss though: What happened to the second intro, the short text summary of the story's beginning that had some serious Engrish in it? I thought you intended to correct it. Have you disabled it completely?
I was wondering about this too... it used to come up as the "attract mode" for the game after waiting on the intro screen, right? I seem to remember it being absent even in the original Japanese version after I converted it to PSP eboot format.

Apart from that everything is working perfectly on PSP using POPS 3.71 =) Thank you so much guys!!
Reath

Post by Reath »

I just wanted to say that you guys are awesome for making this patch. I've played it for a few hours and everything's been flawless so far. This is the game I've wanted to play the most for over ten years and now it's finally possible. Thank you to everyone who's been involved with the patch!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Yes we removed the Engrish attract mode. It was full of spoilers and contributed little to the experience.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
smashpumpkin
Favorite Game: Suikoden II
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid: Integral, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Metal Gear Acid, Metal Gear Acid 2, Snatcher, Policenauts, Lunar Knights, Zone of the Enders, Zone of the Enders 2: Director's Cut, Boktai, Boktai 2.

Post by smashpumpkin »

Been a long-time lurker, but I had to register just to say what an amazing job you guys have done. You can really really see how dedicated your whole team is, because the game works like a dream. Great work everyone, and a huge thanks, I've always wanted to play through this whole thing in English, and I'm really happy that you've made that possible. If I had the authority, I'd make August 24th an international holiday, where every person sets aside their differences to play a round of policenauts in your collective honor.
acj4k

Post by acj4k »

Souther wrote:snip
Ah ok. I'll try that plugin and see if I notice any changes. Time to search google.

Thanks!
Last edited by acj4k on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Thanks a lot, guys. Your comments mean a great deal.
akakak4747
Favorite Game: Snatcher and soon to be translated Policenauts

Post by akakak4747 »

Even though it's 2009 right now and this game was released in what? 1996. There is so much detail in the first scenario scene where you actually get to point and click it took like 20-30 minutes to click on everything and it still feels like I'm hearing things from the future I wouldn't have ever imagined..

Really wish there were more games.
LiquidPolicenaut
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Policenauts, Lunar:TSS, Lunar:EB
PSN: LiquidSnake2047
Xbox Live: LiquidSnake2047

Post by LiquidPolicenaut »

It's the ambiance and attention detail (like Snatcher) that make you really feel as if YOU are in THEIR world...
coconutdelight

Post by coconutdelight »

I've been checking this thread almost everyday for a year!
Thank-you to everyone
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

It's so nice to see so many people happy.

:)

Thanks for the work, guys. I feel like crying, seeing all these people realizing their dreams.
Ghaleon
Runner

Post by Ghaleon »

YES. Thank you guys. My only complaint is I'm in the middle of Mass Effect right now and have to finish it first, hahaha.

It sounds dumb but this is seriously a dream come true. Been waiting since 1996 to play this. Will be trying to rip my legit copy & patch it up tonight. Playing this on my old PSX will be amazing.
BIG BOSS
Zhuk

Post by Zhuk »

Finished my first playthrough and it was just as amazing as I thought it would be.

This is one of the best games of the 32bit generation, a tour de force, definitely in the top 5.

Thank you guys for correcting one of the great injustices of that generation and allow the english speaking masses to play it! :mrgreen:
Tanuki
Favorite Game: Snatcher, Metal Gear Solid 2
Kojima games owned: Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hands (NTSC/US)
Metal Gear Solid (NTSC/US)
Metal Gear Solid: Integral (NTSC/J)
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (NTSC/US)
Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection (NTSC/US)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (NTSC/US)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Premium Package (NTSC-J)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (NTSC/US)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (NTSC/US)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance (NTSC/US)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [Limited Ed.] (NTSC/US)
Snatcher (NTSC-J) [PC Engine]
Policenauts (NTSC-J) [PSX]
Zone of the Enders (NTSC/US)

Post by Tanuki »

Just finished my play through as well, definetly one of my top 5 favorite games of all time now.
Such amazing game for its time, shame you don't get alot of quality games like this today. I've been wanting to play it since I first saw the Policenauts poster in MGS2 back in '03 and now I've finally beat it. I know this has become chiche by now, but thanks so much to everyone who help with this project, real good job.
Souther
PSN: Cyclonus

Post by Souther »

HellHammer wrote:
Crappy Jack wrote:Did anyone ever make a theme to use on the PSP version of this? Just curious.
I used these for my mine.
Cool. I see you added to the background I uploaded over at that site. Looks good.
whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

--DELETED--

Against board and site rules
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)
hyperblue

Post by hyperblue »

CONGRATULATIONS to all who worked on the patch!

I thought I'd give those who are looking for a PSP conversion guide with a Policenaut's theme (complete with background music and animated icon) the link to my guide from a few months ago. Credit goes to Omega for the original background that was re-worked for the background image.

FYI, I haven't had a chance yet to play the game on the PSP due to work, but this weekend is going to be great! I'll let you know if I hit any snags while playing it, but I doubt it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=2398

-Hyperblue
Jean-Gildas

Post by Jean-Gildas »

Thank you, I can't say how grateful I am, wonderful work :D

PS : Below are the files I use on PSP :wink:
Attachments
Icon
Icon
pnautsicon.png (34 KiB) Viewed 9538 times
Background
Background
Last edited by Jean-Gildas on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frogacuda
Favorite Game: Too many to list.

Post by Frogacuda »

Big thanks to Marc, slowbeef, and Artemio. I haven't been posting here, but I've been lurking and following for years. It's really a tremendous effort, and easily the best transhack to come out since at least Innocent Sin, and among the best ever.

The game itself is really something too, and while I know you can't take personal pride in that, I'm sure it feels good to know your efforts were spent on a game people will really appreciate. Time well spent, men. Thanks again.