Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
JimboKudo
Major

Re: Current Project Status (English Screenshots & Trailers)

Post by JimboKudo »

It was a great experience to play snatcher on my psp, and sometime in the future I plan on playing Policenauts in the same way. Custom Firmware is definetly the way to go for anybody who owns a psp.
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

Post by Jack »

MetalGearAlex wrote:Jack... you read all 59 pages? very good. I did too. that's some serious dedication and shows your not an ignoramous!

Hey I've been lurking here for years... I'm not an ignoramous :razz:
X_Lupin
Runner

Post by X_Lupin »

Yes, forgive me, I meant they were only working on text, no voices.

I do think they will be leaving the Japanese voices intact, that is what the previews lead us to believe.

I see how you could have misread it.
Tony26
Favorite Game: Snatcher

Post by Tony26 »

JimboKudo wrote:It was a great experience to play snatcher on my psp, and sometime in the future I plan on playing Policenauts in the same way. Custom Firmware is definetly the way to go for anybody who owns a psp.
Totally agree - I recently played snatcher (Sega CD) on my PSP (Love it), custom firmware makes the PSP so much better than it really is!! :) Snatcher Rulz!! :grin:

Did you get any graphical glitches when you played in on PSP? In the Gibson House?
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Not that I remember. I was using the second last version of picodrive that has been released, and it's strange. I was playing the game Urusei Yatsura again on my psp, and the I had just got the latest version of picodrive. For some reason, the newer version doesn't play the game properly, while the slightly older one does. I think each version has certain problems, so you might have been using a different version. What glitches did you get?
Tony26

Post by Tony26 »

Katrina's graphics crashed and she dissapeared while in the living room and the kitchen area. nothing too bad! I think there was a screen crash when
Spoiler:
you discover Cunninghams body in the morgue too
. But nothing that stops the enjoyment of the game. Next time there will hopefully be a newer version of Picodrive by then! I think I may leave it for a while before I do. :grin:
X_Lupin
Runner

Post by X_Lupin »

Tony26 wrote:Katrina's graphics crashed and she dissapeared while in the living room and the kitchen area. nothing too bad!
You might wanna put some of that stuff in spoiler tags, some of the readers here have not yet beaten snatcher.
milty66
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: MGS, MGS2, MGS2 substance, MGS3, MGS3 subsistence( w/mg-mg2), MGS: TS, MGS4 LE, Snatcher, Policenauts, ZOE

Post by milty66 »

Hi, I'm new here, but I have been lurking the boards for a while.
Curious question, though. Would the effort to translate this be aided by the donation of a Net Yaroze or PS1 dev kit?

If so, there might be a solution if that's the current project bottleneck.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

milty66 wrote:Hi, I'm new here, but I have been lurking the boards for a while.
Curious question, though. Would the effort to translate this be aided by the donation of a Net Yaroze or PS1 dev kit?

If so, there might be a solution if that's the current project bottleneck.
That wouldn't make a difference, no. But thank you for mentioning it.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Tony26 wrote:Katrina's graphics crashed and she dissapeared while in the living room and the kitchen area. nothing too bad! I think there was a screen crash when
Spoiler:
. But nothing that stops the enjoyment of the game. Next time there will hopefully be a newer version of Picodrive by then! I think I may leave it for a while before I do. :grin:
I think I do remember something about katrina, but I think it was that her eyes would sorta change color. Nothing that crashed the program though.
X_Lupin
Runner

Post by X_Lupin »

JimboKudo wrote:
Tony26 wrote:Katrina's graphics crashed and she dissapeared while in the living room and the kitchen area. nothing too bad! I think there was a screen crash when
Spoiler:
I think I do remember something about katrina, but I think it was that her eyes would sorta change color. Nothing that crashed the program though.
How her eyes would sorta twinkle?
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

On a completely unrelated note, I had a dream last night about a sort of zombie apocalypse, and this was the first site I visited to see everyone else's survival strategies.... D'aawww....
MetalGearAlex

Post by MetalGearAlex »

Policenauts?

any progress. or is it still the same giant wall of doom in your way?

Well I hope things get better... soon.

AND... A ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE DOESN'T SOUND TOO FARFETCHED. especially if that involves your nanomachines going haywire and then some random guy is mowing you down with a gun ontop of an armored vehicle as you get closer to him for the pure reason that you have this serious urge to give him a hug.

d@mn whistling in my ears and swirling vision.

sorry for being random. i'll leave. :(
X_Lupin
Runner

Post by X_Lupin »

shidoni wrote:On a completely unrelated note, I had a dream last night about a sort of zombie apocalypse, and this was the first site I visited to see everyone else's survival strategies.... D'aawww....
Did my strategy involve FAMASes and surviving off abandoned KFC restaurants?

On another unrelated note, there is an aritcle on my website about just this sort of thing.

http://www.thefamas.org/ARTICLES/howtos ... asion.html
solidshredder
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD), Policenauts (PSX), Metal Gear(MSX2), Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake(MSX2), Metal Gear Solid (PSX), Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2), Metal Gear Solid 3 (Subsistence PS3), Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3), ZOE1 (PS2), ZOE2(PS2), Metal Gear Solid : Ghost Babel (GBC), Metal Gear Solid : PO (PSP), Metal Gear Solid : PO+ (PSP), Boktai (GBA), Boktai 2 (GBA), Boktai 3 (GBA), Boktai 4 (DS), Metal Gear Solid : AciD (PSP), Metal Gear Solid : AciD 2 (PSP), Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes (GC), Metal Gear Solid : Online (PS2), Metal Gear Solid : Online (PS3), Metal Gear Solid : Digital Graphic Novel (PSP), Metal Gear Solid : VR Missions (PSX), Tokimeki Vol. 1 (PSX), Tokimeki Vol. 2 (PSX), Tokimeki Vol. 3 (PSX), Twelve Tender Killers (Mobile), Super Smash Bro. Brawl (Wii), Lost Warld (MSX, Late Beta), Penguin Adventure (MSX)
PSN: SolidShredder

Post by solidshredder »

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but what I understand is that the release is being held up due to technical problems involving the size of the English text as apposed to the Japanese counterpart. If this is the case, I suggest cutting the English text down just enough to fit. In effect, simplifying it just to make it playable. You could call this "Policenauts Translation : Light Version" or something to that effect. That would be a good way to reward those of us who have been patiently awaiting this projects fruition for years while we wait for the final masterpiece to be completed. If help is needed to simplify the English text to it's basic components, I have extensive webmaster experience which includes an above average aptitude for writing and editing written word.
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

solidshredder wrote:I suggest cutting the English text down just enough to fit. In effect, simplifying it just to make it playable. You could call this "Policenauts Translation : Light Version" or something to that effect.
This sort of thing has been discussed already and it has been explained why that is not possible. Please read through the thread before you post.
StreetTrash

Post by StreetTrash »

Apparently a Russian group known as HoRRor has done some hacking and translation work on the PSX with Silent Hill. Perhaps contacting this group, to inquire about lending some aid might be helpful? Of course, this is kind of a long shot; guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
MetalGearAlex

Post by MetalGearAlex »

People are still trying to help, yet you guys won't accept any.

Please don't give up!

MAKE THIS BEAST INTO A BEAUTY!!
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.

Post by 8bitsonic »

MetalGearAlex wrote:People are still trying to help, yet you guys won't accept any.
Would you kindly shut the hell up, my friend? How do you know they're refusing to accept help on the project? I didn't know you were on the team and knew what was going on behind the scenes. #-o Here's an idea- maybe they ARE accepting help, or maybe the help that's available to them is no use to this particular project. You think they're trying to spite us on purpose or something, you dumbass?

Stop being a nasty son of a bitch and wait patiently and quietly like everyone else. Is your life so empty that you have to sit here demanding the patch over and over? PLEASE, go away and don't come back until it's done.
MetalGearAlex

Post by MetalGearAlex »

Well... for a nasty biznatch, I definitely never cussed somebody out.

I will leave... and cry myself to sleep. :(
abhi

Post by abhi »

Man I have been waiting for years and to think I will be playing policenauts soon
BigBoss
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, ZOE, ZOE2, MGS 1, 2, 3, 4 and all special versions.
PSN: FlamingSatchel
Xbox Live: FlamingSatchel

Post by BigBoss »

I have finally got my emulator running good, and now I patiently await the patch. Keep up the good work guys! :grin:
X_Lupin
Runner

Post by X_Lupin »

8bitsonic wrote:
MetalGearAlex wrote:People are still trying to help, yet you guys won't accept any.
Would you kindly shut the hell up, my friend? How do you know they're refusing to accept help on the project? I didn't know you were on the team and knew what was going on behind the scenes. #-o Here's an idea- maybe they ARE accepting help, or maybe the help that's available to them is no use to this particular project. You think they're trying to spite us on purpose or something, you dumbass?

Stop being a nasty son of a bitch and wait patiently and quietly like everyone else. Is your life so empty that you have to sit here demanding the patch over and over? PLEASE, go away and don't come back until it's done.
Seriously, man. That was uncalled for.

Why must you be so hard on the boy?
Anubis
Runner

Post by Anubis »

I sense some hostility on the board.

It seems people are becoming restless after waiting for so long.
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

Anubis wrote:I sense some hostility on the board.

It seems people are becoming restless after waiting for so long.
It really wasn't hostility as much as it was me getting annoyed at the rude statements that MetalGearAlex was making about the project and the team.