Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
BimboBoop

Re: Patch is up

Post by BimboBoop »

This is my first ever post and im so happy to say Thanks to everybody ralted with this marvelous work, from the creators of the game, and the creators of the patch!! is like the work of Kojima was finished 15 years later!! thanks!!
btw the idea to make the same patch for saturn is still on? can somebody tell me? I played and beat my snatcher copy with the justifier gun in sega cd, so i hope someday i could played this in the mood with a stunner gun in saturn
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Post by Solidé »

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys!
I started to play the game yesterday evening and i'm really enjoying it.
Thanks for all who has been working on the translation and patch!
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

Just finished the game. I'm not yet sure if it's better than MGS1, the nostalgia is too big on that one for me. Right now I'd say they're pretty much on par which means a lot.

So all in all it's the best game I've played in YEARS.

Oh, and one question that I forgot to ask yesterday. Was it intentional that there are no subtitles for the computer voice from TGear99? It seemed to me as if she was saying a lot more than what was written on the computer screen.
Piratero

Post by Piratero »

7 hours into the game. Really great game. Thank you everyone.

Slowbeef, did you intentionally move the framebuffer when having to display certain text? I would sometimes see the screen "jolt" up a pixel or two. It could just be me.

Marc, amazing work. Just curious, but: when the word "god" is used, isn't it suppose to be written as "God" all the time?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Charlie Johnson wrote:Oh, and one question that I forgot to ask yesterday. Was it intentional that there are no subtitles for the computer voice from TGear99? It seemed to me as if she was saying a lot more than what was written on the computer screen.
Yeah, there was, at that bit near the end; it basically tells you explicitly to click on the family crest matching the name you see onscreen. I changed it because to me it didn't make sense for a top-secret terminal to spell that out, since anyone who's supposed to have access would know what to do. So if anyone doesn't like that, you can blame me. A couple testers mentioned it, but I decided to stick with doing it the way you see it in the game.
Piratero wrote:Marc, amazing work. Just curious, but: when the word "god" is used, isn't it suppose to be written as "God" all the time?
Thanks. Well, for "God", if the person was talking about the Western version of God specifically, I capitalized it. But if they were using an expression like "oh my god" then I didn't, because I don't capitalize that. Kinda like how you usually don't see "go to Hell, asshole." Just a personal preference.
badengineer

Post by badengineer »

Thanks to the team behind this wonderful patch. I'm glad to see that there're still dedicated and talented people out there!
R-Signal

Post by R-Signal »

Been lurking for years, I don't have enough gratitude to the team for making this possible. Hell of a job you lot of done.
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

Thanks so much for all the hard work you guys have put into this patch.

However, I've downloaded the patch. I can extract everything except for the instructions. Can someone send me a link to read them?

Thanks
Old Snake
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal gear solid, Metal gear solid the twin snakes, Metal gear solid 2: Sons of liberty, Metal gear solid 2: Substance, Metal gear solid 3 : Snake eater, Metal gear solid 3: Subsistence, Metal gear solid portable OPS and plus too, Z.O.E, Z.O.E 2nd runner,

Post by Old Snake »

jesus christ i cant believe its out !!! please help me make this thing work.
i have policenauts only on Bin. files disc 1 and 2 and i have ePSXe emulator
i have Magic Iso and Daemon tools but i cant seem to make it work.
if anyone can help me step by step please i would be really grateful.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

they are in the manual page at the policenauts.net website as well.

Will check on this issue.

EDIT: re-uploaded complete zip. Seems like some zip programs can't handle the compression scheme used on those two files, used standard for all package.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver »

Congratulations To all the team for bringing out one the best video game ever HATS OFF GUYS !
snatcher1996

Post by snatcher1996 »

I thought I'd share my PSP templates as well. I also included a background tune within the rar-file. I tried to give them the look of the oversized PC-98 box that has a nice color-scheme to it. Hope you like them :-) Click the thumbnails for full-size preview of what they will look like on your PSP.

Edit:
For some reason, I wasn't able to upload the archive functional, so I set up a rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/48230473/artwork.zip.html

Have fun.
Attachments
disc1.png
disc2.png
Last edited by snatcher1996 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
JonnyTanna
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

Thank you for the re-up and apologies for being a bother. I guess it will help those who use standard zip compression like myself.

Mucho Gracias for the psp templates, however I hate to be the bringer of bad news again but the rar file seems to be corrupt.
snatcher1996

Post by snatcher1996 »

I replaced it with a zip file. Thanks for checking!
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I thought you guys might like to know that there will be a 6-page feature on Policenauts in a British video game magazine in the near future.
Supergrom
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
MGS 1
MGS 2
Xbox Live: Helga03

Post by Supergrom »

I assume you are aware of this because they will feature the patch, so congratulations! It is well deserved recognition!
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Supergrom wrote:I assume you are aware of this because they will feature the patch, so congratulations! It is well deserved recognition!
They're reviewing the patched version, yeah.
Mr. F
Favorite Game: MGS2
Kojima games owned: -Metal Gear Solid
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty/Substance
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
-Metal Gear AC!D
-Snatcher
-Zone of the Enders
-Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
-Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars

Post by Mr. F »

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this, it is absolutely top notch. I'm having a ball with the game. :D

If I could bake a cake for each of you all I would!
Snatcher42
Favorite Game: Snatcher!
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega CD & PC Engine), Policenauts (PSX & Saturn), MGS 1 & 2 (PC)

Post by Snatcher42 »

Marc wrote:I thought you guys might like to know that there will be a 6-page feature on Policenauts in a British video game magazine in the near future.
Would that happen to be a certain magazine that also ran a two page preview of the patch a year or so ago, and because of that I happen to subscribe to? Or are ya gonna make me bust the bank on another? ;)
Frogacuda
Favorite Game: Too many to list.

Post by Frogacuda »

Old Snake wrote:jesus christ i cant believe its out !!! please help me make this thing work.
i have policenauts only on Bin. files disc 1 and 2 and i have ePSXe emulator
i have Magic Iso and Daemon tools but i cant seem to make it work.
if anyone can help me step by step please i would be really grateful.
Don't use MagicISO. For some reason, the rips it makes don't work with the patch. I frustrated myself quite a bit over this. Isobuster is a freeware app that should do the trick for you.
g00gy

Post by g00gy »

Guys thanks for this patch it really means alot. We really appreciate all the hard work and effort you put into this. This is clearly the best translation in any rom/iso hack to ever exist.

Thank You!!!
Andrigaar
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Snatcher - PS/JP
Policenauts - PS/JP
Metal Gear Solid - PS
Metal Gear Solid 2: Subsitence - XB/PC
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsitience - PS2
Xbox Live: Andrigaar

Post by Andrigaar »

Oh, you goddamned bastards...

I go out of town to fake-camp with a bunch of beer and red meat for ONE weekend per year, and on that weekend/day you release the patch. OMG I could hit you upside the head with pitchers of beer (one me) right now. Thank you so much :~)--I'm too lazy to study Japanese anymore.

Now I have to dig up my CDs if they aren't ISO'd on my HD anymore. And patch them... and POPstation them... (yay!)
:D
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

EDIT:
Never mind, after more googline I just discovered that the Saturn's glossary was on a 3rd disc for the PS1 game, which wasn't translated.

Can the glossary on the site be converted into a format for easy reading on the PSP? It has a web browser, but I don't take it online - really I'd just like to be able to load the HTML files.

OLD POST
Works beautifully guys, thank you very much. But a question, and please excuse my ignorance.

Q: I previously completed the Saturn version, sold it, and this is my first time with the PS1 version. Does it lack the encyclopedia feature of the Saturn version (which is already translated and available on the Policenauts website)?

Because I distinctly recall being able to push Z button or something, to bring up a menu and read various entries relating to the world. This was right from the start of the game, without any need to unlock it - I had the mini-boxset of Policenauts on the Saturn, with art book and outer sleeve.

Googling doesn't really provide the answer, and I'm wondering if the encyclopedia is missing in the PS1 game, or if I'm just not pressing the right buttons.
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast
vincent_vincent
Favorite Game: too many , depend on the time
Kojima games owned: ALL of them .

Post by vincent_vincent »

Just registered to say Thanks , your work is very much appreciated , hope to see more projects in the future , it was a long wait but definitely more than worth it , you've done a superb work , Thanks again .
JonnyTanna
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

snatcher1996 wrote:I replaced it with a zip file. Thanks for checking!
Thanks for re-upping, zip is always better, but I'm still getting an error file when opening the file. Maybe it's just me?

EDIT: Finally got it working! Thanks man!
Last edited by JonnyTanna on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.