Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Re: Patch is up

Post by Charlie Johnson »

Marc wrote:
Charlie Johnson wrote:Oh, and one question that I forgot to ask yesterday. Was it intentional that there are no subtitles for the computer voice from TGear99? It seemed to me as if she was saying a lot more than what was written on the computer screen.
Yeah, there was, at that bit near the end; it basically tells you explicitly to click on the family crest matching the name you see onscreen. I changed it because to me it didn't make sense for a top-secret terminal to spell that out, since anyone who's supposed to have access would know what to do. So if anyone doesn't like that, you can blame me. A couple testers mentioned it, but I decided to stick with doing it the way you see it in the game.
Ah, that explains it. Also, I remember being able to save right before
Spoiler:
the final confrontation with Gates.
Did you remove that option with the patch or am I thinking of a different version?
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

I've been playing "Policenauts" between school and homework this week, It's fucking awesome!
GREAT translation, and excellent work guys! :mrgreen:

I can't say enough thank you's for the chance to play this game in english finally, I've been waiting for something like this since it's original japanese PSX/Sega Saturn release date! (a looooong time!)

YOU GUY'S ARE the FUCKING SHIT!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

^What he said. One thing I love about Marc's translation is how everybody speaks differently (some are brash and rude, some are polite) and have their own accents; Gates with his thick English slang, Toscanini with his New Yoirk, Redwood is purely cold (just like his voice acting).

It really adds to the characters and the entire experience. Victor is one of my favourite so far, he's so damn funny.
Spoiler:
The relationship between him and Meryl is hilarious. He has that creepy old pervert side to him, despite at first seeming to be the stereotypical "wise old dude".There's this cool subplot where lots of characters feel differently about remembering the past, those who only think of the moment and those who only think the future matters. Cool shit.
silent_snake
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Snatcher, Policenauts

Post by silent_snake »

This is the least i could do to promote the game and the translation a bit: Gameplay.hr (Policenauts) (Croatian language).

It is a Croatian gaming forum so I hope that the game will get a bit more recognition with Croatian gamers.

Thank you guys once more!
Last edited by silent_snake on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Snake
Kojima games owned: Metal gear solid, Metal gear solid the twin snakes, Metal gear solid 2: Sons of liberty, Metal gear solid 2: Substance, Metal gear solid 3 : Snake eater, Metal gear solid 3: Subsistence, Metal gear solid portable OPS and plus too, Z.O.E, Z.O.E 2nd runner,

Post by Old Snake »

hey guys i keep getting XD3_invalid_input for both discs any ideas how to fix this ?
thanks to all.
akakak4747
Favorite Game: Snatcher and soon to be translated Policenauts

Post by akakak4747 »

Please please put posts about what you think of the game so far, or when you finished the game and your comments about it in a different thread. I don't want to read here and stumble upon spoilers.
Old Snake
Kojima games owned: Metal gear solid, Metal gear solid the twin snakes, Metal gear solid 2: Sons of liberty, Metal gear solid 2: Substance, Metal gear solid 3 : Snake eater, Metal gear solid 3: Subsistence, Metal gear solid portable OPS and plus too, Z.O.E, Z.O.E 2nd runner,

Post by Old Snake »

i can believe im playing the game in english !!! finally !!!
Do you guys even realize what you've done !!!
a thanks from the bottom of my heart to everyone that worked on making this possible
muchas gracias a todos por darme esta oportunidad de jugar policenauts por primera vez en mi vida.
Thanks.

BTW, im having a problem with the sound its really annoying i dont know how to call it but its like someone, stutter or stammer, im using audio plugin that slowbeef is using.

thank you very much for everything !
Frogacuda
Favorite Game: Too many to list.

Post by Frogacuda »

Try Eternal SPU in Async mode, that should smooth out the audio a bit, but it might just be an issue with your computer's speed.
dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver »

To image your original CDs,

1) Launch ISOBUSTER
2) right-click on the CD root
3) use Image => RAW EXTRACTION ISO.

4) run the patch with the required Xdelta3 program

5) It works straight up.

No need for alcohol / clone CCD tricks.
XenoMorph
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, MGS 1, 2, 3 and Metal Gear 1.

Post by XenoMorph »

Well whadya know?

My first time on the internet after leaving on my trip to Africa through Italy, and the first news I hear is the patch is out. Man, this almost made me wanna come back to play the game on my home theater setup. Good things come to those who wait, I guess, so I'll be playing this around March 2010 :D

Awesome work guys!
The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. - Frank Herbert
Old Snake

Post by Old Snake »

again thank you so much for everything..... i was so excited when i heard the news i think my heart was about to explode.
I've manage to fix the sound problem that i was having so its all ok now
cheers !!
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

Man you guys I don't know what to say.... I finally got to check it out today, wow already this game is the most epic thing I've played on the PSX since MGS -- and its just a point-and-click adventure! Hopefully I'll find some of those easter eggs you guys alluded to earlier on in development.

Thanks again for all your guys' hard work!
Bosmonaut

Post by Bosmonaut »

I finally got up and running using PCSX on my 24" iMac last night - it looks/sounds great (in fullscreen mode and through my loudspeakers). Rather than use my original PS discs, I tracked down cdrmooby, a plugin that provides PCSX with the ability to support disc image loading and it worked like a charm.

The next step is to get a 360 controller connected as I'd prefer not to play from the keyboard, so I'll try that out later. I'm still working on getting it up and running on my PSP, I just need to get an XP machine booted up for the ISO to EBOOT process, which has proven to be a bit messy using Prometeus for Mac.

I'm resisting the urge to sit down and play it properly until the weekend, as I know I won't be able to stop once I start! :) Again, many thanks to those involved for making this possible. It's a great achievement, one that all those who will go on to play through this translated classic will be forever grateful for.
RMF
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid / Link's Awakening
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Snatcher
Policenauts
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid Gameboy
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Acid*
Metal Gear Acid 2*
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid 4

Post by RMF »

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone involved in creating the patch. I just decided to check the forum again this morning after having given up hope due to your no posting period. Very pleased to see you've finished it!

Thanks for all your hard work, you should feel very proud! :)
shwink
Kojima games owned: Poliecenauts(saturn), Metal Gear solid 1,2,3
Xbox Live: insomnica 619

Post by shwink »

Just beat it and must say was quite an experiance. With all the technical jargon no wonder it took time to translate alone. Thank you so much for translating this masterpice.
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

i can't convert the second iso to eboot. i'm using psx2psp v1.3 . the first one worked fine, the second one gives me a weird "no PBP file selected" error... any help please?
IlDucci
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 1
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
Zone of The Enders
Zone of The Enders 2: The Second Runner

Post by IlDucci »

I can only say that you people have made an awesome job, thank you for making this possible in such a long time period.

I know that there has been already discussed the idea of letting other people translate Policenauts from English to other languages (I'm interested in Spanish), the fact that a patch has been released, how does this affect that possibility? The chances of releasing sources and stuff?
Kyrill
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2, and Policenauts
Kojima games owned: Policenauts (PS)
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid : Missions Spéciales
Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty & Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eatrer limited metal edition
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops & Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots European Limited Edition
Metal Gear Solid : Digital Graphic Novel
Metal Gear Acid & Acid 2
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders : The 2nd Runner (European Special Edition)
PSN: kyrillmac

Post by Kyrill »

Bosmonaut wrote:I finally got up and running using PCSX on my 24" iMac last night - it looks/sounds great (in fullscreen mode and through my loudspeakers). Rather than use my original PS discs, I tracked down cdrmooby, a plugin that provides PCSX with the ability to support disc image loading and it worked like a charm.

The next step is to get a 360 controller connected as I'd prefer not to play from the keyboard, so I'll try that out later.
If you have a PS3 controller, you can use it connected to an USB port by using this plugin.
It works very well with PCSX (but there's no vibrations).
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

IlDucci wrote:I know that there has been already discussed the idea of letting other people translate Policenauts from English to other languages (I'm interested in Spanish), the fact that a patch has been released, how does this affect that possibility? The chances of releasing sources and stuff?
That is discussed in the readme and FAQ.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

MAN! My copy still hasn’t come in the mail yet :x
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
Andrigaar
Snatcher - PS/JP
Policenauts - PS/JP
Metal Gear Solid - PS
Metal Gear Solid 2: Subsitence - XB/PC
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsitience - PS2
Xbox Live: Andrigaar

Post by Andrigaar »

Let me just say that Win7 doesn't seem to like Pete's open source DDraw plug-in on my rig. Oh well, shit happens, no? Anyway, the unhacked version ran sweetly on my PSP, and I opted to re-POPstation the ISO's after ePSXe decided that it wanted to be difficult.

While the blacks are crisper in 1:1 mode, the "normal" zoom factor seems to do the best since the game relies on the natural anti-aliasing of a TV's pixel layout--so do Vagrant Story and Silent Bomber, but Persona 2 looks like blurry ass. But we had this argument back in April or May. I've only gotten to the shuttle ride with Mr. Tony so far, but it's a trip to see it in English :~)

Having stumbled my way through it in Japanese, since I knew the action verbs, it'll be interesting actually understanding more than, oh, 1 in 50 words this time.

Anyone else playing on their PSP? I'm too lazy to re-read the past 10 pages.
:D
midori_fox
Runner
Favorite Game: Damn these kind of questions....
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear, 2
Metal Gear Solid, 2, 3, 4
MGPO
Metal Gear Ac!d, 2
Z.O.E, 2
Snatcher (rom)
Policenauts

Post by midori_fox »

Whoops missed this. Im busy helping my korean friend
study english for his citizens test.(SORRY EL_ASH =/ )
Im loving this game Im playing it on the bus on my psp.
Thank you guys so much :cry: I think I might have a
new favorite game...
NANTO KAWAI!
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Andrigaar wrote: Anyone else playing on their PSP? I'm too lazy to re-read the past 10 pages.
I saw that many people play it sucessfully on their psp. Me, it stucks on an fvm completely, 45 minutes in the game. It also gets me read errors and stucks when i try to view the summary screen. For that reason i will try on Playstation1 cause the game looks great and the patch is incredible
Andrigaar
Snatcher - PS/JP
Policenauts - PS/JP
Metal Gear Solid - PS
Metal Gear Solid 2: Subsitence - XB/PC
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsitience - PS2
Xbox Live: Andrigaar

Post by Andrigaar »

qwerty wrote:
Andrigaar wrote: Anyone else playing on their PSP? I'm too lazy to re-read the past 10 pages.
I saw that many people play it sucessfully on their psp. Me, it stucks on an fvm completely, 45 minutes in the game. It also gets me read errors and stucks when i try to view the summary screen. For that reason i will try on Playstation1 cause the game looks great and the patch is incredible
Which FMV? The shuttle sequence isn't all that long, and I'm a few past 40 minutes in.
:D
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Andrigaar wrote:
qwerty wrote:
Which FMV? The shuttle sequence isn't all that long, and I'm a few past 40 minutes in.
After the first explosion in the game occured... That fmv. More specifically it stucks when you see the ASL Americal Space Line logo.

Are you playing it on psp?