Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Awesome...So do you think that the Private collection is worth getting? Also, Are you guys going to post walkthroughs on how to implement the patch when it is released?
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

If they do someday come out with a Saturn translation, you won't need it since the Private Collection content is integrated right into that version. In directly translated form!
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Private Collection is worth getting. So is the 3DO Pilot Disc, as they both have content not found elsewhere.
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

I appreciate your recomendations, but since I don't have a PS1 nor a PS2 (neither I have plans for purchasing them, I have had enough buying a Xbox 360 not much ago), I won't be paying for a version I could not eventually play (and having already the original Sega Saturn version).

Unless I got a pirate copy and use it on a PC emulator, I can't do much else, and I actually prefer playing it on a console. "Actual hardware experience" like 8bitsonic says.

It's ok, I'll just stick to a possible Sega Saturn patch release, even if it takes forever.

Or maybe I could use a readable script if someone actually manages to rip it and publish, although I prefer the patch.
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

I dont see how you guys can wait any longer for the other patches to come out...shit i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.

Also people should get it just for collection puposes. Im trying to get all the copies myself. So far Ive got Policenauts for 3DO, 3DO Pilot Disk, Playstation, Perfect Collection, and Saturn Limited Edition. Still need 3DO Mouse set,NEC PC9821 version, and Best of...
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.

Post by 8bitsonic »

Modnar wrote:i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.
IF you could find it. Lucky for you, you have it already. And I'm jealous.
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

8bitsonic wrote:
Modnar wrote:i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.
no need to be jealous of me...i dont have it. Eventualy ill find...hopefully.
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

Modnar wrote:
8bitsonic wrote:
no need to be jealous of me...i dont have it. Eventualy ill find...hopefully.
Oh, I read your post wrong, sorry. But really, if you find it, it would be quite the achievement.
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

Modnar wrote:I dont see how you guys can wait any longer for the other patches to come out...shit i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.

Also people should get it just for collection puposes. Im trying to get all the copies myself. So far Ive got Policenauts for 3DO, 3DO Pilot Disk, Playstation, Perfect Collection, and Saturn Limited Edition. Still need 3DO Mouse set,NEC PC9821 version, and Best of...
The fact is that not everyone does have these kind of collection purpouses.

Or at least, I don't collect games for consoles I don't have or I'm not planning to ever have.

I have always been expecting for the works on the Sega Saturn version, mainly because it is the one I have since years ago. It was always said that both the Sega Saturn and the PS1 versions would eventually be covered with a translation.

Am I doing wrong? Maybe. But for now, that's what I'll do, as I simply don't see any other choice (apart from using a friggin emulator).
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

8bitsonic wrote:Oh, I read your post wrong, sorry. But really, if you find it, it would be quite the achievement.
The PC98 version has been popping up more often on Yahoo Auctions Japan the past few years. The only downside is they aren't always complete (usually the box is missing).
Wesker wrote:Am I doing wrong? Maybe. But for now, that's what I'll do, as I simply don't see any other choice (apart from using a friggin emulator).
With the right plug-ins and options, you can get Policenauts to run flawlessly on epsxe. It also has a mouse support option, so you can play the game with a mouse, which is better than using a controller anyway. Just a thought.
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

Osiris wrote:With the right plug-ins and options, you can get Policenauts to run flawlessly on epsxe. It also has a mouse support option, so you can play the game with a mouse, which is better than using a controller anyway. Just a thought.
That's actually a really good idea. If I end up having to play it emulated, that is. I hope to play it on my PS2, and I think I'll buy a PSX mouse off eBay.
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

Osiris wrote:
Wesker wrote:Am I doing wrong? Maybe. But for now, that's what I'll do, as I simply don't see any other choice (apart from using a friggin emulator).
With the right plug-ins and options, you can get Policenauts to run flawlessly on epsxe. It also has a mouse support option, so you can play the game with a mouse, which is better than using a controller anyway. Just a thought.
The mouse support was not even going to be a problem, as I do have the Sega Saturn mouse. In fact, I also have a Virtua Gun for the shooting scenes. I have always been pretty ready for playing the game on this console (well, I actually have played it many times, but never progressed far from the middle of Act 1 due to obvious comprehension issues), so maybe you can understand how I do feel.

Oh well, as unfortunately there's no text dump finished yet, I think there's still plenty of time to even consider these problems. Maybe a PS1 version has fallen from heaven by then.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Wesker wrote:Oh well, as unfortunately there's no text dump finished yet, I think there's still plenty of time to even consider these problems.
That's not exactly true... Read through the past few pages if you want to know what I mean.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Is there any scenes that the Saturn version has that the PS1 Private Collection doesn't have? Since I have it now, you see.
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

Osiris wrote:
Wesker wrote:Oh well, as unfortunately there's no text dump finished yet, I think there's still plenty of time to even consider these problems.
That's not exactly true... Read through the past few pages if you want to know what I mean.
What I saw in the past few pages is that you are keeping the work on it and decided to priorize the PS1 version for emulation matters. Didn't see any word about having a full text dump already.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I really appretiate and thank you all the enormous work you guys have been doing in these last years. I remember when I came here for the first time and find this (it was even before I finally logged in), with my Sega Saturn original copy purchased since years before, but never expecting to play it translated at any point.

I'll expect a hypothetical Sega Saturn patch release. It will be then when I would really enjoy the game.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Henry Spencer wrote:Is there any scenes that the Saturn version has that the PS1 Private Collection doesn't have? Since I have it now, you see.
Yeah, two, but they're not that long or important to the story. In terms of PC extras, the only things the Saturn version has is an extra video clip in an interview, and an option to let you play any shooting scene after beating the game.
Wesker wrote:What I saw in the past few pages is that you are keeping the work on it and decided to priorize the PS1 version for emulation matters. Didn't see any word about having a full text dump already.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I really appretiate and thank you all the enormous work you guys have been doing in these last years. I remember when I came here for the first time and find this (it was even before I finally logged in), with my Sega Saturn original copy purchased since years before, but never expecting to play it translated at any point.

I'll expect a hypothetical Sega Saturn patch release. It will be then when I would really enjoy the game.
We have a dump of the PS version, but work on a Saturn translation wouldn't start until some time after the PS version is finished.
Wesker

Post by Wesker »

Osiris wrote:We have a dump of the PS version, but work on a Saturn translation wouldn't start until some time after the PS version is finished.
So you guys actually succeeded into getting a full dump. Those are indeed good news, I didn't know.

At least I know you guys are still going to try working on a Sega Saturn translation sooner or later. Glad to hear it.
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

Well I noticed the forum subtitle does say 'soon to be released translation' ... so I assume we'll hear about an update sometime soon?

DT
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

That's been said for some time now, friend. They've only just decided to update the sub heading recently, we've already known it will be released sometime this year, for a week or two now, welcome. :smile:
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

Henry Spencer wrote:That's been said for some time now, friend. They've only just decided to update the sub heading recently, we've already known it will be released sometime this year, for a week or two now, welcome. :smile:
Well damn... I thought we wouldn't be seeing this translation till 2040, LOL. Now if I could just track down a PSX and a copy of Policenauts (Preferrably 'The Best' version, as I have a strong dislike of their new logo.)

DT
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Yeah, it seems that you came back at just the right time! :)

I'm going to save up for this game now, and Phoenix Wright 2, whilst I am at it. :grin:
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

Its getting better everyday, I just got my Policenauts Private Collection (factory Seal :grin: ) today, my breaker pro is coming tommorow, and sometime after that...translation patch...oh yeaaa.

I dont think i should open my copy though i should just use my regular psx one for the time being.
Junker_05
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: At the moment, Team Fortress 2.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PSone)
Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (PSP)
Policenauts (PSone)
Snatcher (Mega CD)

Post by Junker_05 »

When the patch is released and I've applied it to my ISO files of Policenauts, I don't want to use an emulator. Is it possible to mod-chip my PS2 and play it on that with the translation?
"Don't get even - GET MAD!" - Joker, Batman: The Killing Joke
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

I don't see why it wouldn't be. In fact, that's what I'm probably going to do.

Actually, I'm thinking about getting a PS1 again and modding it just for the Policenauts Translation.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Junker_05 wrote:When the patch is released and I've applied it to my ISO files of Policenauts, I don't want to use an emulator. Is it possible to mod-chip my PS2 and play it on that with the translation?
Yes, it will work on a PS1 or PS2 with the right operating environment.