Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

It goes beyond that. When you click on Anna's belly button, you get this:

Jonathan: The belly button -- that's a mark of mammals. So are nipples...
Ed: Jonathan, you truly are...
J: ...A sick guy.

Then in this picture of Anna, you get a unique response when you click on her crack.
(J: Man, that is so...damn...nice.
E: That's my daughter, you son of a bitch!)

A lot of this stuff I didn't even know until I went through the text dump.
Attachments
Anna.JPG
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

Osiris wrote: Because Marc and Anna, Ed's kids, are a reference to the movie Bad Blood (STBO is also mentioned in the game), where they're spelled...Marc and Anna, the French way. :)
Oh, that reference was lost on me. Though they also messed up the katakana spelling in this case.
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

Osiris wrote:It goes beyond that. When you click on Anna's belly button, you get this:

Jonathan: The belly button -- that's a mark of mammals. So are nipples...
Ed: Jonathan, you truly are...
J: ...A sick guy.

Then in this picture of Anna, you get a unique response when you click on her crack.
(J: Man, that is so...damn...nice.
E: That's my daughter, you son of a bitch!)

A lot of this stuff I didn't even know until I went through the text dump.
I think... I will be very embarrassed... when I play this game... Agh, if only I knew some fellow perverts to play it with...!
But, that, my friend, is hilarious...
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

There's a new question, when I'm starting a new game. What does it mean?
Attachments
IMG_0002.JPG
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

It's asking you if you want to start a new game again even though your data from the auto-recovery file will be deleted. The auto-recovery file is a file that periodically records your progress in the game in case of a power cut or whatever. That way you can just load that file and be back to where you were before. Like before, top is Yes, bottom is No.
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

Aye, thanks.
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

Osiris wrote:It's asking you if you want to start a new game again even though your data from the auto-recovery file will be deleted. The auto-recovery file is a file that periodically records your progress in the game in case of a power cut or whatever. That way you can just load that file and be back to where you were before. Like before, top is Yes, bottom is No.
WTF?! Where was this feature when I lost my saves on:

DDRMAX
DDR Extreme
DDR Extreme 2

DT
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Yeah, it's a cool feature.
epitaph
Runner
Favorite Game: Deus Ex
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (SCD, US)
Policenauts (PC-98)
Policenauts (3DO)
Policenauts (PS1)
Policenauts (Saturn)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1, EU)
Metal Gear Solid: Integral (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2, US)

Post by epitaph »

I feel rude asking, but sort of felt I had to in order to instill my curiosity: how's the progress in inserting text into the game?
"The west, so afraid of powerful government, now has no government. Only financial power."

Localization, not translation.

It is a title screen.
Something pushes a button.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

The anime sequences run fine. The in-game text still requires more tweaking so all of it will run properly. It's very technical work requiring a lot of trial and error, and we all feel fortunate to have the person who's working on it right now on the team.
silentmatt

Post by silentmatt »

I just wanted to post to let you all know just how damn excited I am about this.

I didn't even know work was being done on translating this until this very morning, after some reading up on previous Hideo projects.

MG is one of my favourite series of all time and I cannot WAIT to experience Policenauts. Is there any way of having a mailing list of some sort on policenauts.net to advice interested people in the projects developments?

Thank you all so much for working on this. I am so extremely stoked!
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

silentmatt wrote:I just wanted to post to let you all know just how damn excited I am about this.

I didn't even know work was being done on translating this until this very morning, after some reading up on previous Hideo projects.

MG is one of my favourite series of all time and I cannot WAIT to experience Policenauts. Is there any way of having a mailing list of some sort on policenauts.net to advice interested people in the projects developments?

Thank you all so much for working on this. I am so extremely stoked!
Hey, glad to hear you're excited about the project. We are actually considering starting a mailing list for the site, so you can probably look for that sometime soon.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

I think it's amazing how far you guys have come! As for the whole dubbing idea, what I think you should do (should it be possible) is to make one dubbed version of the patch and one subbed version. That way you could satisfy everyone.
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

ratperson665 wrote:That way you could satisfy everyone.
That is not our goal, but thanks for the feedback.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

ratperson665 wrote:As for the whole dubbing idea, what I think you should do (should it be possible) is to make one dubbed version of the patch and one subbed version. That way you could satisfy everyone.
A dubbed version would be many times harder to complete than a subbed version. I think we'd rather do a subbed translation of the Saturn version before a dubbed PS version afterward.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

ratperson665 wrote:I think it's amazing how far you guys have come! As for the whole dubbing idea, what I think you should do (should it be possible) is to make one dubbed version of the patch and one subbed version. That way you could satisfy everyone.
Would you shut the fuck up about a Policenauts dubbing already?! They're not going to do it, and you've proved that you're totally incapable of doing it yourself. The last person I want suggesting a dubbed version is YOU.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

8bitsonic wrote:
ratperson665 wrote:I think it's amazing how far you guys have come! As for the whole dubbing idea, what I think you should do (should it be possible) is to make one dubbed version of the patch and one subbed version. That way you could satisfy everyone.
Would you shut the fuck up about a Policenauts dubbing already?! They're not going to do it, and you've proved that you're totally incapable of doing it yourself. The last person I want suggesting a dubbed version is YOU.
Being a bit harsh aren’t you? That whole "English Voices" fiasco was ages ago. Let's just let bygones be bygones. I shouldn’t have ever brought it up. But back on topic, will the original Japanese subtitles have to be enabled in order for the English subtitles to work 'cause I find those little squiggles to be very annoying.
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

ratperson665 wrote:will the original Japanese subtitles have to be enabled in order for the English subtitles to work 'cause I find those little squiggles to be very annoying.
I agree we should just forget about it and move on.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Everything in the game will be in English. You'll be able to play the game with the English subtitles on or off, though I suspect most people will choose to have them on.
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.

Post by 8bitsonic »

ratperson665 wrote:Being a bit harsh aren’t you?
No, not at all.
ratperson665 wrote:That whole "English Voices" fiasco was ages ago. Let's just let bygones be bygones. I shouldn’t have ever brought it up.
The memories of your pathetic, juvenile posts where you ranted like a mad scientist about how your PSX copy of Policenauts would be the only dubbed English version in the world muahahahah!!! are still quite fresh in my mnd. If you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place... why did you? :???: I love how you constantly post crap and then apologize for it later.
Jackafur

Post by Jackafur »

Im so excited about this. Every time I see my friend who introduced me to Hideo Kojima games years ago, I bring up this site. I dunno why he never checks it out.You'd think he'd be more excited about policenauts then me...
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

8bitsonic wrote:
ratperson665 wrote:Being a bit harsh aren’t you?
No, not at all.
ratperson665 wrote:That whole "English Voices" fiasco was ages ago. Let's just let bygones be bygones. I shouldn’t have ever brought it up.
The memories of your pathetic, juvenile posts where you ranted like a mad scientist about how your PSX copy of Policenauts would be the only dubbed English version in the world muahahahah!!! are still quite fresh in my mnd. If you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place... why did you? :???: I love how you constantly post crap and then apologize for it later.
You must know a bit about feeding fires.
There's this magical thing we do where I live when we don't like someone. We ignore them. Makes 'em turn inward. Give it a try sometime.
RunningRiot

Post by RunningRiot »

or.......you could just ban him if he angers you that much
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

RunningRiot wrote:or.......you could just ban him if he angers you that much
Already been done. :grin: Won't happen on my account, as alas, I am not a mod.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I went back and replayed the Saturn version to check which music rolls play your second and third times (you don't have to play through the game all over again, just load the epilogue file again), and the second one starts out as the End Title remix from F/N, then changes over to some sort of jam session halfway, then goes back to the F/N song for the finish. The third time, it plays the same music from the first one, but you hear deleted dialogue from the PC-98 version throughout the credits.
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

I go away for a while.

Get a new computer, go to college, and finaly set money aside for a PS3 for MGS4.

I think to myself "Boy, I remeber this great site I used to go to for Kojima info, I wonder what they are up to?"

You magnificent bastards! :razz:

Looks like I am going to have to order in a copy of Policenauts for PS.