View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 am



Reply to topic  [ 3822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next
Patch is up (v1.01 incoming) 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:12 pm
Posts: 75
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
qwerty wrote:
Andrigaar wrote:
qwerty wrote:
Andrigaar wrote:
Anyone else playing on their PSP? I'm too lazy to re-read the past 10 pages.


I saw that many people play it sucessfully on their psp. Me, it stucks on an fvm completely, 45 minutes in the game. It also gets me read errors and stucks when i try to view the summary screen. For that reason i will try on Playstation1 cause the game looks great and the patch is incredible


Which FMV? The shuttle sequence isn't all that long, and I'm a few past 40 minutes in.


After the first explosion in the game occured... That fmv. More specifically it sticks when you see the ASL Americal Space Line logo.

Are you playing it on psp?


Yes I am. For some reason I really want this game to be played on a portable.

You mean the car?--not really a spoiler if you ask me, it's so early on. Then I got past that already and am not having any of the trouble you are.

_________________
:D


Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 22
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Andrigaar wrote:
qwerty wrote:
Andrigaar wrote:
qwerty wrote:
Andrigaar wrote:
Anyone else playing on their PSP? I'm too lazy to re-read the past 10 pages.


I saw that many people play it sucessfully on their psp. Me, it stucks on an fvm completely, 45 minutes in the game. It also gets me read errors and stucks when i try to view the summary screen. For that reason i will try on Playstation1 cause the game looks great and the patch is incredible


Which FMV? The shuttle sequence isn't all that long, and I'm a few past 40 minutes in.


After the first explosion in the game occured... That fmv. More specifically it sticks when you see the ASL Americal Space Line logo.

Are you playing it on psp?


Yes I am. For some reason I really want this game to be played on a portable.

You mean the car?--not really a spoiler if you ask me, it's so early on. Then I got past that already and am not having any of the trouble you are.



Yes, that. Actually it also stucks at the beginning at the konami animation if i don't press start. Finally when i view a summary page it gives me the read error than the bomb that cannot read. I don't know why i have all these problems while everyone else doesn't. Maybe my firmware? I run 5.0. BTW the patch is great. Since others are not having problems i will try on playstation 1 . I will have to order a modchip though since i got it recently from the internet. Add to all the problems that i cannot convert the second iso to eboot. I get a weird "you have to select pbp" error. While obviously i have already selected that. Another guy on this thread had that problem.


Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:17 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:36 pm
Posts: 2
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Hi there! just another one saying good job by the way for all your hard work!

I have a little problem making the game work..ive check numerous forums and websites and i cant get my game to work.I buyed a copy of policenauts and i extracted the iso on many programs like imgburn alcohol nero etc..i applied the patch and the size of the first cd is 731.376kb and the second cd is 599.437kb. When i burned on a dvd and come to play with swap magic 3.0 it doesnt read at all. So i decided to covert it to a psp game like i did for my other ones but it says broken files on my psp.. what i did is:

1-convert my game to iso
2-applied the patch with xdelta3.0u.x86-32 with the patch and the iso on the same folder no error was showed here
3-burned it on nero, imgburn and thats all! nothing worked i think there someting wrong on my file but i dunno what...i even download another one to make sure and its the same size as my 2 cds and yet no progress at all

and one more thing...if i decide to burn it on a cd how im supposed to make it squeeze on a cd its 700mb right? It wont fit on that size..Can someone help me cuz i tried all day and i cant figure out :S Email me at : CYPHER___@hotmail.com


Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 am
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
I just finished the game. Took me 13 hours. Thank you so much guys. I truly enjoyed every minute of it.

The translation was just great.

If I can get off the hook from taking classes in the summer, I might lend a hand in the Saturn translation. I have a pretty good amount of knowledge of the Saturn's guts.

Spoiler:
Has anyone gotten the 550 points in the shooting range? Do you actually win anything from Meryl?

_________________
Image


Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Right just sat down to have a go at patching my game, but I'm having problems getting sound working on some of the FMV on my PSX and chipped PS2.

I created iso of my originals with UltraISO

Patched sucsessfully

Patched ISOs work fine on emulator

But burnt CDs don't play sound on the flash scene intro and the little kanomi man walking.

I've tried burning at 8x (lowest my drive does) using both Ultra ISO and Alc 120% but still no joy.

I've never had any issues burning PSX iso before even at 48x...?

Does anyone else have a similar issue???


Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
...Also the burnt CD has the same problem when played on the emulator on the PC so this leads me to believe that it's not an issue with poor PSX lasers etc rather an iso burning issue. Any help would be appretiated! Or if someone wants to send me some properly burnt discs that would be even better! The coasters are stacking up over here!


Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:36 am
Profile
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Right Behind You
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Piratero wrote:
I just finished the game. Took me 13 hours. Thank you so much guys. I truly enjoyed every minute of it.
Spoiler:
Has anyone gotten the 550 points in the shooting range? Do you actually win anything from Meryl?


Spoiler:
Yes. If you have Jonathan keep staring at Meryl's breasts then she'll make a bet with you that if you beat her high score in the shooting trainer, then you can touch them. If you beat her, then each time Jonathan bounces them, they make different animal noises. The first two times they make an elephant noise and the third time they make some other noise. I beat her high score with relative ease with my mouse plugin (you can get high scores easily by left click and right clicking). Also, if you get a high enough score, Redwood will come in and show you his shooting skills in the trainer, he can get three shoots on one target at a time and always in the head...bit of a nice comparison to Dave who only goes for the limbs.


Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:17 am
Profile WWW
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:49 pm
Posts: 357
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
YEEEEES! I just got my copy in the the mail :mrgreen:

_________________
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!


Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:55 am
Profile
Second Lieutenant

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:18 pm
Posts: 351
Location: Germany
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Henry Spencer wrote:
Piratero wrote:
I just finished the game. Took me 13 hours. Thank you so much guys. I truly enjoyed every minute of it.
Spoiler:
Has anyone gotten the 550 points in the shooting range? Do you actually win anything from Meryl?


Spoiler:
Yes. If you have Jonathan keep staring at Meryl's breasts then she'll make a bet with you that if you beat her high score in the shooting trainer, then you can touch them. If you beat her, then each time Jonathan bounces them, they make different animal noises. The first two times they make an elephant noise and the third time they make some other noise. I beat her high score with relative ease with my mouse plugin (you can get high scores easily by left click and right clicking). Also, if you get a high enough score, Redwood will come in and show you his shooting skills in the trainer, he can get three shoots on one target at a time and always in the head...bit of a nice comparison to Dave who only goes for the limbs.


Spoiler:
I recommend you to not even look at Meryl's breasts until act 2 though. If you haven't done so until then and score at least 400 points in the shooting range you'll get to see her practice. You can still take the bet afterwards.


Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:01 am
Profile ICQ

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:36 pm
Posts: 2
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
nightmare1986 wrote:
Hi there! just another one saying good job by the way for all your hard work!

I have a little problem making the game work..ive check numerous forums and websites and i cant get my game to work.I buyed a copy of policenauts and i extracted the iso on many programs like imgburn alcohol nero etc..i applied the patch and the size of the first cd is 731.376kb and the second cd is 599.437kb. When i burned on a dvd and come to play with swap magic 3.0 it doesnt read at all. So i decided to covert it to a psp game like i did for my other ones but it says broken files on my psp.. what i did is:

1-convert my game to iso
2-applied the patch with xdelta3.0u.x86-32 with the patch and the iso on the same folder no error was showed here
3-burned it on nero, imgburn and thats all! nothing worked i think there someting wrong on my file but i dunno what...i even download another one to make sure and its the same size as my 2 cds and yet no progress at all

and one more thing...if i decide to burn it on a cd how im supposed to make it squeeze on a cd its 700mb right? It wont fit on that size..Can someone help me cuz i tried all day and i cant figure out :S Email me at : CYPHER___@hotmail.com



:) Its ok problem solved!! :)


Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 am
Posts: 50
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Henry Spencer wrote:
Piratero wrote:
I just finished the game. Took me 13 hours. Thank you so much guys. I truly enjoyed every minute of it.
Spoiler:
Has anyone gotten the 550 points in the shooting range? Do you actually win anything from Meryl?


Spoiler:
Yes. If you have Jonathan keep staring at Meryl's breasts then she'll make a bet with you that if you beat her high score in the shooting trainer, then you can touch them. If you beat her, then each time Jonathan bounces them, they make different animal noises. The first two times they make an elephant noise and the third time they make some other noise. I beat her high score with relative ease with my mouse plugin (you can get high scores easily by left click and right clicking). Also, if you get a high enough score, Redwood will come in and show you his shooting skills in the trainer, he can get three shoots on one target at a time and always in the head...bit of a nice comparison to Dave who only goes for the limbs.


A great excuse to play the game again!

Besides Snatcher, are there any more games similar to this gem on ANY system?

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 94
Location: NYC
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Henry Spencer wrote:
I beat her high score with relative ease with my mouse plugin (you can get high scores easily by left click and right clicking).

What plugin would that be?


Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 14
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
^-- Problem solved, I burnt the image with Roxio Creator at 48x and the FMV now works fine on the PS1 & 2. How strange? What does Roxio do that Alc 120% doesn't?? Oh well!

Thanks guys the translation is amazing, sooooo happy! :mrgreen:


Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:52 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 22
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Guys i am confused with the PSP version. You create two different eboots, one on each ISO or is it one eboot that contains the whole game? With popstation i made an eboot of the first iso. i couldn't do the second. Thanks


Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:49 pm
Posts: 1
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Hello,

Just finished this game last night, and yes it was worth the wait :D
The translation job done was A++ work, truly amazing how you guys managed
to get it working so flawlessly.

anyways the game was awesome had much fun playing it and it's
only because you guys who made it possible for us who dont speak japanese,
and that I want to THANK YOU very much.

-Pete


Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:36 am
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
qwerty wrote:
Guys i am confused with the PSP version. You create two different eboots, one on each ISO or is it one eboot that contains the whole game? With popstation i made an eboot of the first iso. i couldn't do the second. Thanks


firmware version of 3.71+ support eboots with multiple discs in them.
not every trool supports that, though...


Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:48 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:35 pm
Posts: 47
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
What happened to the website, it was down for a day or so? The worst that came to mind was that Kojima himself found out you guys translated his game and he threatened to sue you guys and forced you to shut down the website.


Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:26 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:33 am
Posts: 2872
Location: Mexico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
It was a HDD failure it seems. We might still have some small problems, I am working on that.

_________________
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]


Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Runner

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:29 pm
Posts: 102
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
RMF wrote:
^-- Problem solved, I burnt the image with Roxio Creator at 48x and the FMV now works fine on the PS1 & 2. How strange? What does Roxio do that Alc 120% doesn't?? Oh well!

Thanks guys the translation is amazing, sooooo happy! :mrgreen:



Can you explain in a bit more detail on how you got yours to work? I'm using a modified PS2.
Did you change any settings in Roxio?

Thus far I've been using Alcohol and imgburn with the following results:

Disc 1. PS2: I still get a black screen on the intro. epsxe: intro with no sound

Disc 2. PS2: Intro works but no sound. espxe: intro works; no sound.

I've never had trouble burning isos for ps1 or ps2 before; epsxe has no sound with the intro either, so its the actual burning process that is incorrect.

I've burned at 8x; the lowest speed I can burn at. In addition, yes, I'm using good quality media, for the record, even crap quality media can play PSX backups fine on my PS2.

I've found a workaround for people -- like me -- who are unable to get disc 1 to load past the intro on a PS2. Insert disc 2 then select new game. It will then prompt you to swap discs then it should load fine.

Alas, even with this workaround if the intro is not playing right theres bound to be other errors on the disc as well; which I have encountered so taking this shortcut isn't really advised.

I don't want to play this on epsxe because of all the problems people are having and the game looking crap on LCD monitors fullscreen.


I appreciate the effort placed into this translation project but man is this game ever a pain to get working.


Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:23 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:05 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Germany
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
good job guys, lurking around here for a long time. finally i can say thank you !

any words from konami or kojima himself on this ?


Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 am
Posts: 7
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
To some extent , I'm afraid Konami could learn about the translation .You never know how companies react to these kind of projects (even awesome ones like this one here) They could appreciate it, or they could sue your ass off(I nearly pissed my pants during the downtime yesterday and the day before yesterday because of that possibility)But if I were Kojima I would hire Marc ,Artemio and slowbeef as programmers with a ridiculously high salary at Kojima Productions because you need to need to have HUGE Balls to do this kinda work non-profit and just for love of Kojima fans.Kudos again to you guys!


Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:34 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:04 pm
Posts: 46
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
Most of the times when Japanese companies attack fan projects, it's when it's about to be released, not when the patch is released and there's nothing they can do (It's the Internet), see the Chrono Trigger fan game for example.

The best thing they can do is to stay quiet, if they are going to speak... is either for good or bad, but most times, for the second option.


Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 94
Location: NYC
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
It would be all kinds of awesome if Konami learned of this, approved, and got it added to the US PSN. Any chance in hell of that happening?


Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:49 am
Posts: 12
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
i haven't been checking here for a week so i missed the patch launch.

anyway, works great. good job everyone. i wonder what konami thinks?


Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 71
Reply with quote
Post Re: Patch is up
konami probably doens't care and would not authorize if somebody asked.


Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.