View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:36 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 153  Next
Patch is up (v1.01 incoming) 
Author Message
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Right Behind You
Reply with quote
Post 
Yeah, I know all about Lost In Space (well, aside from Bill Murray being in it, wow), but I was linking the title to Policenauts' plotline. :smile:


Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Urine Space
Reply with quote
Post 
Mumy. Not Murray. Bill Murray is different people.

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:01 am
Posts: 573
Location: Busted Kiddy Pool In The Front Yard
Reply with quote
Post 
OtakupunkX wrote:
Some things just need to be kept on the down low, though.


AHAHAHA, wait... isn't the down low that thing straight black males go to for man-on-man action... and I don't mean football. :)

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:34 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Second Lieutenant

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:37 am
Posts: 398
Location: N/A
Reply with quote
Post 
Exactly.

There was a Lost in Space film made in the late 90's. It was all kinds of silly.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
Okay, let's see if we can get this thread back on track...

Recently I received a PM from someone asking if we had thought about setting up a translation fund for people to contribute financial donations to the project. While we very much appreciate the thought, we will not be accepting any form of compensation for this project, financial or otherwise. This is being done purely for the game and for fans, and it is not in our interest to profit from it in any way.

If you have extra money that could be put toward contributing like that and don't already own the game, go ahead and spend it on the game. :wink:


Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:09 pm
Profile
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Right Behind You
Reply with quote
Post 
It's great to see such dedication. I am sure if Kojima would ever find out, it would warm his heart! He isn't the type to sue. :razz:


Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Northern Europe
Reply with quote
Post 
Henry Spencer wrote:
It's great to see such dedication. I am sure if Kojima would ever find out, it would warm his heart! He isn't the type to sue. :razz:


No, but the 100+ people you have to go through to get to him aren't as forgiving.


Last edited by epitaph on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:09 pm
Profile
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
epitaph wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:
It's great to see such dedication. I am sure if Kojima would ever find out, it would warm his heart! He isn't the type to sue. :razz:


No, but the 100+ people you have to go through to get to him aren't as forgiving.


Now, now... Konami haven't raised any issues with any fan translations in the past, so I hope that will continue to be the case here as well.


Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:17 pm
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:01 am
Posts: 573
Location: Busted Kiddy Pool In The Front Yard
Reply with quote
Post 
Osiris wrote:
epitaph wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:
It's great to see such dedication. I am sure if Kojima would ever find out, it would warm his heart! He isn't the type to sue. :razz:


No, but the 100+ people you have to go through to get to him aren't as forgiving.


Now, now... Konami haven't raised any issues with any fan translations in the past, so I hope that will continue to be the case here as well.


Indeed, we haven't recieved really any "anti-project" hate mail from them what-so-ever... but they've been watching us here and there. I think they might just be very curious, but I always hope that in no ways anybody up Konami's chain will see this as a "mud in the eye" sort of gesture... since Kojima seems so reluctant to re-release and translate the title himself. Or just Konami -with it's highest wishes to keep it that way at the moment.

Yeah though, this has been a non-profit project -built from the motivation and pure dedication given from our hearts for the game (and what inspiration it has given us). As though the offer is very damn generous and loving, it'd just feel so wrong if we were to accept money up to this point. LOL it'd feel like Blood money mwuahahahahahah.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:39 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Urine Space
Reply with quote
Post 
I think basically a big reason there's no need to give you guys money for the project is because you simply don't need any, right? Nobody needs to be hired, all the software you're using is free and most or all of it was written by people within the project, etc. You have all the people and resources you need, and any money given would go towards nothing.

Osiris wrote:
we will not be accepting any form of compensation for this project, financial or otherwise.

In my opinion, I don't think there's anything wrong if people want to send you little gifts or cards of appreciation if they want to. Hell, I just might even do that once the patch comes out. Sending cash is unacceptable though, I agree.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
8bitsonic wrote:
I think basically a big reason there's no need to give you guys money for the project is because you simply don't need any, right? Nobody needs to be hired, all the software you're using is free and most or all of it was written by people within the project, etc. You have all the people and resources you need, and any money given would go towards nothing.


Correct, the only conceivable expense would be paying for bandwidth, and even that should be covered under Snatcher's current setup.

8bitsonic wrote:
Osiris wrote:
we will not be accepting any form of compensation for this project, financial or otherwise.

In my opinion, I don't think there's anything wrong if people want to send you little gifts or cards of appreciation if they want to. Hell, I just might even do that once the patch comes out. Sending cash is unacceptable though, I agree.


What I meant was we won't be soliciting for any sort of contribution. If people want to send us whatever, it's not like we're going to just send it back. That would be rude. But sending money when we haven't made the invitation would be a little awkward.


Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:58 pm
Profile
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Northern Europe
Reply with quote
Post 
Osiris wrote:
8bitsonic wrote:
I think basically a big reason there's no need to give you guys money for the project is because you simply don't need any, right? Nobody needs to be hired, all the software you're using is free and most or all of it was written by people within the project, etc. You have all the people and resources you need, and any money given would go towards nothing.


Correct, the only conceivable expense would be paying for bandwidth, and even that should be covered under Snatcher's current setup.


Well, in case you need bandwidth, give me a call. I've got a few places (read: co-lo boxes) where I could mirror things for you.

_________________
"The west, so afraid of powerful government, now has no government. Only financial power."

Localization, not translation.

It is a title screen.
Something pushes a button.


Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:24 pm
Profile
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
epitaph wrote:
Osiris wrote:
8bitsonic wrote:
I think basically a big reason there's no need to give you guys money for the project is because you simply don't need any, right? Nobody needs to be hired, all the software you're using is free and most or all of it was written by people within the project, etc. You have all the people and resources you need, and any money given would go towards nothing.


Correct, the only conceivable expense would be paying for bandwidth, and even that should be covered under Snatcher's current setup.


Well, in case you need bandwidth, give me a call. I've got a few places (read: co-lo boxes) where I could mirror things for you.


Thanks, we'll keep that in mind, though Snatcher told me he can get extra bandwidth for US$5 per GB.


Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:56 pm
Profile
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:17 am
Posts: 126
Location: Cleveland/columbus
Reply with quote
Post 
I've been loving this site and specifically keeping tabs on the Policenauts translation for a long time now -- I'm overjoyed you guys are making so much progress. RIGHT before the news broke in here about an in-sight completion date, I finally played through my Saturn copy, hahaha. I got only about 10% of the plot though, so I'm pumped.

Ironically the two SEGA CD Lunars + Metal Gear Solid are my favorite games (and I finally scored a SEGA CD Snatcher -- for $5, haha -- two years ago) so I think I'll fit in here OK.

I wish I could do something besides cheerlead :P And I'm sure you guys must know this, but you're unlocking a seminal piece of videogame history for English speakers. It's much appreciated.

_________________
BIG BOSS


Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:21 am
Profile
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
Ghaleon wrote:
I've been loving this site and specifically keeping tabs on the Policenauts translation for a long time now -- I'm overjoyed you guys are making so much progress. RIGHT before the news broke in here about an in-sight completion date, I finally played through my Saturn copy, hahaha. I got only about 10% of the plot though, so I'm pumped.

Ironically the two SEGA CD Lunars + Metal Gear Solid are my favorite games (and I finally scored a SEGA CD Snatcher -- for $5, haha -- two years ago) so I think I'll fit in here OK.

I wish I could do something besides cheerlead :P And I'm sure you guys must know this, but you're unlocking a seminal piece of videogame history for English speakers. It's much appreciated.


Hey, welcome to the forums, and thank you for the kind words. I think I speak for everyone on the team when I say it's been an honor to work on such a finely-crafted and well-deserving game. I'm sorry it's all taken so long, but the wait shouldn't be too much longer (relatively) now.


Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:31 am
Profile
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Northern Europe
Reply with quote
Post 
Without any specific knowledge on the Policenauts engine, I'd say there's still a bit of a challenge in inserting the translated text as well... though I'm no programmer (well, I've written some C in my day, but nothing advanced).

_________________
"The west, so afraid of powerful government, now has no government. Only financial power."

Localization, not translation.

It is a title screen.
Something pushes a button.


Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:56 pm
Profile
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post 
Hey, about how far have you guys translated? I know there are seven acts, how many are complete?

_________________
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.


Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Neo Sun Coast
Reply with quote
Post 
So you guys are just planning a single translation for the PS1 by now?

Now is when I really hate Konami America for what they did 11 years ago.

I have been 3-4 years waiting for this, dying to play the game in English, since I ever known for the first time about this translation proyect.

But as my 32-bit console actually is a Sega Saturn and not a PS1, and also my original copy of the game is the (more complete) Sega Saturn version, I think I'll have no other choice but to wait a little longer for playing it, when a Sega Saturn translation would eventually be planned and released.

PD: Damn you Konami, and your scrapped localization.

_________________
Image
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?


Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:27 am
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Urine Space
Reply with quote
Post 
Wesker wrote:
as my 32-bit console actually is a Sega Saturn and not a PS1, and also my original copy of the game is the (more complete) Sega Saturn version, I think I'll have no other choice but to wait a little longer for playing it, when a Sega Saturn translation would eventually be planned and released.

I think that this translation warrants buying a copy of the PSX version, which really should not run you more than $30 on eBay, though you'll probably only be able to get The Best version that cheap. (You could, of course, download pirated disk images of it.) And then you can just run the in an emulator if you don't want to spend any more money. If I were you, though, I'd modchip a PS1/2 or buy a bootdisc (so you can play a CD-R) for the experience of playing on the actual hardware. I'm using this translation as an excuse to finally chip my PS2. :smile:

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:32 am
Profile WWW
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Right Behind You
Reply with quote
Post 
Can anyone recommend me any good emulators for the PS1? Emulators are technically, not illegal, so if anybody can help, thanks.


Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Second Lieutenant

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:18 pm
Posts: 351
Location: Germany
Reply with quote
Post 
Henry Spencer wrote:
Can anyone recommend me any good emulators for the PS1? Emulators are technically, not illegal, so if anybody can help, thanks.


I'd go for ePSXe.

http://www.epsxe.com/download.php

Of course you won't find a japanese bios on this site.

And here you can download the plugins.

http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins

You'll just need a graphic and sound plugin.

I'd recommend P.E.Op.S. GPU plugin and P.E.Op.S. DSound plugin as well.


Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:21 am
Profile ICQ
J.U.N.K.E.R.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:10 pm
Posts: 275
Location: LI
Reply with quote
Post 
Sorry if this has been asked before and i didnt see it, but are you guys translating the private collection extras? Just bought one for 18 bucks :smile:

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:50 am
Profile
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Right Behind You
Reply with quote
Post 
Charlie Johnson wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:
Can anyone recommend me any good emulators for the PS1? Emulators are technically, not illegal, so if anybody can help, thanks.


I'd go for ePSXe.

http://www.epsxe.com/download.php

Of course you won't find a japanese bios on this site.

And here you can download the plugins.

http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins

You'll just need a graphic and sound plugin.

I'd recommend P.E.Op.S. GPU plugin and P.E.Op.S. DSound plugin as well.


Thank you very much.


Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post 
I think someone asked this earlier, but is the Private collection going to be translated as well?

_________________
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.


Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:09 pm
Profile
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
Wesker wrote:
So you guys are just planning a single translation for the PS1 by now?

Now is when I really hate Konami America for what they did 11 years ago.

I have been 3-4 years waiting for this, dying to play the game in English, since I ever known for the first time about this translation proyect.

But as my 32-bit console actually is a Sega Saturn and not a PS1, and also my original copy of the game is the (more complete) Sega Saturn version, I think I'll have no other choice but to wait a little longer for playing it, when a Sega Saturn translation would eventually be planned and released.

PD: Damn you Konami, and your scrapped localization.


I would definitely recommend you pick up the PS version for this. It's worth it, especially since it's so inexpensive. I have no idea when we'll get to a Saturn patch.

Modnar wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before and i didnt see it, but are you guys translating the private collection extras? Just bought one for 18 bucks :smile:


Yes, but not as a patch. The translations will be on the website.


Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 153  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.