View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:55 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 153  Next
Patch is up (v1.01 incoming) 
Author Message
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 378
Reply with quote
Post 
Awesome...So do you think that the Private collection is worth getting? Also, Are you guys going to post walkthroughs on how to implement the patch when it is released?

_________________
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.


Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:36 pm
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Urine Space
Reply with quote
Post 
If they do someday come out with a Saturn translation, you won't need it since the Private Collection content is integrated right into that version. In directly translated form!

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
Private Collection is worth getting. So is the 3DO Pilot Disc, as they both have content not found elsewhere.


Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Neo Sun Coast
Reply with quote
Post 
I appreciate your recomendations, but since I don't have a PS1 nor a PS2 (neither I have plans for purchasing them, I have had enough buying a Xbox 360 not much ago), I won't be paying for a version I could not eventually play (and having already the original Sega Saturn version).

Unless I got a pirate copy and use it on a PC emulator, I can't do much else, and I actually prefer playing it on a console. "Actual hardware experience" like 8bitsonic says.

It's ok, I'll just stick to a possible Sega Saturn patch release, even if it takes forever.

Or maybe I could use a readable script if someone actually manages to rip it and publish, although I prefer the patch.

_________________
Image
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?


Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:15 pm
Profile
J.U.N.K.E.R.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:10 pm
Posts: 275
Location: LI
Reply with quote
Post 
I dont see how you guys can wait any longer for the other patches to come out...shit i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.

Also people should get it just for collection puposes. Im trying to get all the copies myself. So far Ive got Policenauts for 3DO, 3DO Pilot Disk, Playstation, Perfect Collection, and Saturn Limited Edition. Still need 3DO Mouse set,NEC PC9821 version, and Best of...

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:46 pm
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Urine Space
Reply with quote
Post 
Modnar wrote:
i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.

IF you could find it. Lucky for you, you have it already. And I'm jealous.

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
J.U.N.K.E.R.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:10 pm
Posts: 275
Location: LI
Reply with quote
Post 
8bitsonic wrote:
Modnar wrote:
i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.

IF you could find it. Lucky for you, you have it already. And I'm jealous.


no need to be jealous of me...i dont have it. Eventualy ill find...hopefully.

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Urine Space
Reply with quote
Post 
Modnar wrote:
8bitsonic wrote:
Modnar wrote:
i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.

IF you could find it. Lucky for you, you have it already. And I'm jealous.


no need to be jealous of me...i dont have it. Eventualy ill find...hopefully.

Oh, I read your post wrong, sorry. But really, if you find it, it would be quite the achievement.

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Neo Sun Coast
Reply with quote
Post 
Modnar wrote:
I dont see how you guys can wait any longer for the other patches to come out...shit i would have bought the NEC PC9821 if the patch was coming out for it.

Also people should get it just for collection puposes. Im trying to get all the copies myself. So far Ive got Policenauts for 3DO, 3DO Pilot Disk, Playstation, Perfect Collection, and Saturn Limited Edition. Still need 3DO Mouse set,NEC PC9821 version, and Best of...


The fact is that not everyone does have these kind of collection purpouses.

Or at least, I don't collect games for consoles I don't have or I'm not planning to ever have.

I have always been expecting for the works on the Sega Saturn version, mainly because it is the one I have since years ago. It was always said that both the Sega Saturn and the PS1 versions would eventually be covered with a translation.

Am I doing wrong? Maybe. But for now, that's what I'll do, as I simply don't see any other choice (apart from using a friggin emulator).

_________________
Image
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?


Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:20 pm
Profile
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
8bitsonic wrote:
Oh, I read your post wrong, sorry. But really, if you find it, it would be quite the achievement.


The PC98 version has been popping up more often on Yahoo Auctions Japan the past few years. The only downside is they aren't always complete (usually the box is missing).

Wesker wrote:
Am I doing wrong? Maybe. But for now, that's what I'll do, as I simply don't see any other choice (apart from using a friggin emulator).


With the right plug-ins and options, you can get Policenauts to run flawlessly on epsxe. It also has a mouse support option, so you can play the game with a mouse, which is better than using a controller anyway. Just a thought.


Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:55 pm
Profile
Major
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Urine Space
Reply with quote
Post 
Osiris wrote:
With the right plug-ins and options, you can get Policenauts to run flawlessly on epsxe. It also has a mouse support option, so you can play the game with a mouse, which is better than using a controller anyway. Just a thought.

That's actually a really good idea. If I end up having to play it emulated, that is. I hope to play it on my PS2, and I think I'll buy a PSX mouse off eBay.

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Neo Sun Coast
Reply with quote
Post 
Osiris wrote:
Wesker wrote:
Am I doing wrong? Maybe. But for now, that's what I'll do, as I simply don't see any other choice (apart from using a friggin emulator).


With the right plug-ins and options, you can get Policenauts to run flawlessly on epsxe. It also has a mouse support option, so you can play the game with a mouse, which is better than using a controller anyway. Just a thought.


The mouse support was not even going to be a problem, as I do have the Sega Saturn mouse. In fact, I also have a Virtua Gun for the shooting scenes. I have always been pretty ready for playing the game on this console (well, I actually have played it many times, but never progressed far from the middle of Act 1 due to obvious comprehension issues), so maybe you can understand how I do feel.

Oh well, as unfortunately there's no text dump finished yet, I think there's still plenty of time to even consider these problems. Maybe a PS1 version has fallen from heaven by then.

_________________
Image
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?


Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:34 pm
Profile
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
Wesker wrote:
Oh well, as unfortunately there's no text dump finished yet, I think there's still plenty of time to even consider these problems.


That's not exactly true... Read through the past few pages if you want to know what I mean.


Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:01 am
Profile
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Right Behind You
Reply with quote
Post 
Is there any scenes that the Saturn version has that the PS1 Private Collection doesn't have? Since I have it now, you see.


Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:25 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Neo Sun Coast
Reply with quote
Post 
Osiris wrote:
Wesker wrote:
Oh well, as unfortunately there's no text dump finished yet, I think there's still plenty of time to even consider these problems.


That's not exactly true... Read through the past few pages if you want to know what I mean.


What I saw in the past few pages is that you are keeping the work on it and decided to priorize the PS1 version for emulation matters. Didn't see any word about having a full text dump already.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I really appretiate and thank you all the enormous work you guys have been doing in these last years. I remember when I came here for the first time and find this (it was even before I finally logged in), with my Sega Saturn original copy purchased since years before, but never expecting to play it translated at any point.

I'll expect a hypothetical Sega Saturn patch release. It will be then when I would really enjoy the game.

_________________
Image
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?


Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:38 am
Profile
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
Henry Spencer wrote:
Is there any scenes that the Saturn version has that the PS1 Private Collection doesn't have? Since I have it now, you see.


Yeah, two, but they're not that long or important to the story. In terms of PC extras, the only things the Saturn version has is an extra video clip in an interview, and an option to let you play any shooting scene after beating the game.

Wesker wrote:
What I saw in the past few pages is that you are keeping the work on it and decided to priorize the PS1 version for emulation matters. Didn't see any word about having a full text dump already.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I really appretiate and thank you all the enormous work you guys have been doing in these last years. I remember when I came here for the first time and find this (it was even before I finally logged in), with my Sega Saturn original copy purchased since years before, but never expecting to play it translated at any point.

I'll expect a hypothetical Sega Saturn patch release. It will be then when I would really enjoy the game.


We have a dump of the PS version, but work on a Saturn translation wouldn't start until some time after the PS version is finished.


Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm
Posts: 58
Location: Neo Sun Coast
Reply with quote
Post 
Osiris wrote:
We have a dump of the PS version, but work on a Saturn translation wouldn't start until some time after the PS version is finished.


So you guys actually succeeded into getting a full dump. Those are indeed good news, I didn't know.

At least I know you guys are still going to try working on a Sega Saturn translation sooner or later. Glad to hear it.

_________________
Image
Hey! You still don't have a Sega CD?
What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?


Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:56 am
Profile
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:26 pm
Posts: 150
Reply with quote
Post 
Well I noticed the forum subtitle does say 'soon to be released translation' ... so I assume we'll hear about an update sometime soon?

DT


Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:33 pm
Profile
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Right Behind You
Reply with quote
Post 
That's been said for some time now, friend. They've only just decided to update the sub heading recently, we've already known it will be released sometime this year, for a week or two now, welcome. :smile:


Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:26 pm
Posts: 150
Reply with quote
Post 
Henry Spencer wrote:
That's been said for some time now, friend. They've only just decided to update the sub heading recently, we've already known it will be released sometime this year, for a week or two now, welcome. :smile:


Well damn... I thought we wouldn't be seeing this translation till 2040, LOL. Now if I could just track down a PSX and a copy of Policenauts (Preferrably 'The Best' version, as I have a strong dislike of their new logo.)

DT


Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:37 pm
Profile
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 1380
Location: Right Behind You
Reply with quote
Post 
Yeah, it seems that you came back at just the right time! :)

I'm going to save up for this game now, and Phoenix Wright 2, whilst I am at it. :grin:


Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
J.U.N.K.E.R.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:10 pm
Posts: 275
Location: LI
Reply with quote
Post 
Its getting better everyday, I just got my Policenauts Private Collection (factory Seal :grin: ) today, my breaker pro is coming tommorow, and sometime after that...translation patch...oh yeaaa.

I dont think i should open my copy though i should just use my regular psx one for the time being.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:59 pm
Profile
J.U.N.K.E.R.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:59 am
Posts: 292
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Reply with quote
Post 
When the patch is released and I've applied it to my ISO files of Policenauts, I don't want to use an emulator. Is it possible to mod-chip my PS2 and play it on that with the translation?

_________________
"Don't get even - GET MAD!" - Joker, Batman: The Killing Joke


Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:52 am
Profile WWW
Second Lieutenant

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:37 am
Posts: 398
Location: N/A
Reply with quote
Post 
I don't see why it wouldn't be. In fact, that's what I'm probably going to do.

Actually, I'm thinking about getting a PS1 again and modding it just for the Policenauts Translation.

_________________
Image


Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:23 am
Profile WWW
General

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 am
Posts: 3379
Reply with quote
Post 
Junker_05 wrote:
When the patch is released and I've applied it to my ISO files of Policenauts, I don't want to use an emulator. Is it possible to mod-chip my PS2 and play it on that with the translation?


Yes, it will work on a PS1 or PS2 with the right operating environment.


Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:53 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 153  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.