Policenauts firsts?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Marc
General

Policenauts firsts?

Post by Marc »

Does anybody know if Policenauts was the first game to have a movie-style trailer and also list its credits on a poster like a movie? It did the former back in 1996 and the latter back in 1994, but I was wondering if there were any other examples before these.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Re: Policenauts firsts?

Post by Snake Plissken »

Osiris wrote:Does anybody know if Policenauts was the first game to have a movie-style trailer and also list its credits on a poster like a movie? It did the former back in 1996 and the latter back in 1994, but I was wondering if there were any other examples before these.
Probobly not the first, but the most influential to carry and present that style in terms of growing production value in Japan. I remember alot of of Lucas Arts, Cyan, and Sierra games in 93 and 94 having movie like trailer previews at expos, as well as other "mystery/adventure" genre PC games beginning in 93. (Not so sure of posters though).

The greatest example would be "Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger," in 1994. That game still holds the biggest production value record ever in a computer game (trailers, actors, and posters amongst all). Others would be Myst, and Star Wars "Rebel Assault."
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Well, Project Firestart for the Commodore 64 was one of the earliest cinematic type action/adventure games, back in 1989. Check out the Underdogs page on it: http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3703 It's a really great game, in the same movie style as Policenauts (Although the gameplay is more similar to Metal Gear 2.)
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Do you have any pics of it?
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »