I'm sure this has been asked numerous times before, but.....

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times before, but.....

Post by Missing »

.....would Policenauts be possible for the PSP? Is a single UMD large enough to hold the entire game?
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Might be possible
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
MrRudi

Post by MrRudi »

Of course it's possible. UMD can hold 1.5 GB of data. Policenauts is by far not that big. Even if both PSX CD's would be filled completely - which they are not - it would be less than 1.5 GB.
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Maybe we should get Konami to re-release Snatcher and Policenauts on PSP?
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

MrRudi wrote:Of course it's possible. UMD can hold 1.5 GB of data. Policenauts is by far not that big. Even if both PSX CD's would be filled completely - which they are not - it would be less than 1.5 GB.
Good thing to know. I doubt it'll ever happen, but it'd be reason enough to pick up a PSP in my opinion.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I still think a PS2 collection with Snatcher would be the smartest move.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

I think the easiest thing for them to do is to release emulated versions of the Saturn versions of Snatcher and Policenauts in one budget-priced PC collection like they did with the Turbografix-16 versions of Bomberman. Their Bomberman compilation also included an emulated version of the Playstation Bomberman World game so maybe they could include something extra on this disc, SD Snatcher, Metal Gear 2, or maybe even a non-Kojima Konami game like a Ganbare Goemon or Parodius title perhaps?
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Why?
What?

from Pulp Fiction
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

It makes the most sense buisness-wise. It would be cheap to produce (they could just subtitle the games) so they wouldn't lose much money, and it would sell to both the hardcore fans and casual PC gamers looking for a quick and easy budget fix. PC titles, especially ports from another console running on an emulator, are a lot cheaper to make than a PS2 port, and are more accessible since more people have PCs than consoles.

I'm not saying this is the move I'd like or what I think they should do, I'm saying that it would be the easiest way for Konami to release the games over here themselves.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

How much work would they have to do bringing the PS1 version of the game to the PS2?
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Well when your porting a game from for example PC to PS2 you have to work hard to make the game running on the PS2 espiceally if it´s a game with really good graphics but some times the ports dosént go so well(like Max Payne 2 on PS2)most of the times ports of PC games that are ported to either Gamecube Xbox or PS2 dosént go so well either the graphics are not as good as the PC coutnerpart or there are a lots a frame rate problems. Anyway it requeres some hard work
What?

from Pulp Fiction
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

For PS1 to PS2, it would depend on if they're going to change any of the content. If they aren't, well there have certainly been harder ports out there before.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

It would be kind of redundant for them to port Policenauts to the PS2 though since you can play PS1 games on the PS2, unless they decided to change stuff or reencode the cinemas and audio or something.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I was thinking if they put Snatcher and Policenauts on one DVD.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

OtakupunkX wrote:It would be kind of redundant for them to port Policenauts to the PS2 though since you can play PS1 games on the PS2, unless they decided to change stuff or reencode the cinemas and audio or something.
I agree, but I was thinking they could fit the game all on one disc, which would be a slight improvement.