need Policenauts

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
mgfan9402

need Policenauts

Post by mgfan9402 »

Who has policenauts in English I don't care what emulator it uses, I just need it badly.
Sean McNally
James_The_Stampede
Runner
Kojima games owned: MGS1-4, Boktai, Policenauts, Snatcher (Well, technically anyway).
PSN: Sir_EFG
Xbox Live: Aes Rock

Re: need Policenauts

Post by James_The_Stampede »

mgfan9402 wrote:Who has policenauts in English I don't care what emulator it uses, I just need it badly.
Umm, no one has it in english. A translation effort is being made, but has not yet been completed. We all feel your pain man.
mgfan9402

Post by mgfan9402 »

Well thanks for feeling my pain but do you know where this progress could be located.
Sean McNally
Tao

Post by Tao »

ジョン. ♪♪
James_The_Stampede
Runner
Kojima games owned: MGS1-4, Boktai, Policenauts, Snatcher (Well, technically anyway).

Tao wrote:. . .

viewtopic.php?t=6
Lemme just say this.. it will be done when it's done. Sorry to be so skimpy on the details, but there is not much that can be said right now. Trust me, any breakthroughs on the status of this will be posted on the front page. Until then..... Courage.
Tao

Post by Tao »

I was merely giving him a link for reference. He might have looked a little bit harder, you know?
ジョン. ♪♪
James_The_Stampede
Runner

Tao wrote:I was merely giving him a link for reference. He might have looked a little bit harder, you know?
Sorry about that. I quoted the wrong man. My apologies :D
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

We all want it just as much as you, my friend.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Even when the translation is done, it will be in the form of an .IPS patch, so you will have to legally own a commercial copy to play. JunkerHQ does not condone piracy.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Ninja Kurosai wrote:JunkerHQ does not condone piracy.
...And knowing is half the battle!
mgfan9402

Post by mgfan9402 »

so that means i will have to own a Japanese version of Policenauts on the PC or the NEC PC9821. Which one?
Sean McNally
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

Get the saturn version cause i believe thats the version being translated.....but hell its doesnt hurt to buy the others.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

If you really need to play the game as badly as you say you do, then I'd suggest you took a course in learning to read the Japanese language. It might be your only hope at ever understanding the game.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

The thing is, it would take many years of studying before somebody would be able to understand the game without any problems. My advice is to wait...
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

Depending on how great a necessity it is for him to be able to play and comprehend this game, he may see the time and effort as being worthwhile. Besides, I don't think he needs to learn the ins and outs just to be able to comprehend the majority of the game. If he's a quick learner, a few months time should do it.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

To be honest, I think it will take more than a few months of studying before someone totally new to the language can pick it up enough to comprehend even a good part of the game (3 new alphabets to learn for a start). Ask the people here who know at least some Japanese and I think they'll agree. You shouldn't learn part of a language just to play one game, you should either go for it all the way or not do it at all. It's much more rewarding that way. Besides, I think if somebody started off that way, they might find themselves liking it enough to want to continue further. But to each his own.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I agree with Osiris. A few months would be of no use at all. I have been in a Japanese course for about a year and a half. It is an hour and a half daily at 7am, structured as trimesters. Of course I have not passed all the courses right off the bat, So it is fair to say I have only studied 4 trimesters.

Right now I only know around 500 Kanji (in a basic way of reading, writtng and several pronunciations of each) and my vocabulary is limited (say 1500 words and 200 verbs). I can barely read something as complicated as Policenauts. Of course I get a *basic* idea of it, but it is quite basic for my tastes. and Policenauts uses tons of Kanji that are not even common use...

For another language by now I could read and write, as well as have very decent conversations.. But in this case, it will take longer... I am in what is called at my school "Intermediate II".. and there are at least 4 or 5 more trimesters ahead of that.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
mgfan9402

Post by mgfan9402 »

um i think I want to just wait for this project to be complete so I can simply play the game. I've always wanted to play Policenauts and be completely into it. You can't get into a game if you hardly know the language of it. Also I truly believe that Hideo Kojima will recreate Snatcher and Policenauts. If your an MG fan like me you'd understand. Hideo Kojima has already announced at the E3 that MGS3 Subsistance that he will recreate Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 and include them on another disc as part of Persistence. And they said that they did this because MG and MG2 are the stories right after MGS3. Now with that information realise that Hideo has always created a special sequel to his games, the integral, substance, and subsistance. So now what comes right after MGS4, what special sequel will they have for it what two games will they remake?

Snatcher and Policenauts right after MGS4 proof look at the video for MGS4 the robot.
Sean McNally
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I do not think he will ever go back to Policenauts or Snatcher.

But at any rate, as for Policenauts, I would advise you to wait.
Modnar
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Modnar »

Its not happening, hes not remaking them...

Ill just be patient and wait for it to be translated, and i suggest you do the same and not get your hopes to high.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

mgfan9402 wrote:So now what comes right after MGS4, what special sequel will they have for it what two games will they remake?

Snatcher and Policenauts right after MGS4 proof look at the video for MGS4 the robot.

Ehrm... MGS3 is the only one that had older games included as sequels. Integral had a silly minigame where you took pictures of various girls from the game and more VR Missions and Substance had Snake Tales, Skateboarding, and *gasp* VR Missions.

It's also been said that MGS4 isn't a sequel to Snatcher or Policenauts. They take place in different universes even though they reference each other.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be great if Snatcher and/or Policenauts is included with the inevitable MGS4 Director's Cut, but it probably won't happen. In fact, I'd count on having PS3 ports of the Metal Gear Ac!d games or more Snake vs Ape action included with said inevitable director's cut before having Snatcher and/or Policenauts.
kitano

Post by kitano »

Unless of course that Kojima does a new interactive comic - type game after the Metal Gear series, and in such case, there may be a possibility of an accessory re-release. Who knows? Not an interactive comic like Snatcher and Policenauts, but a new type of interactive comic, taking advantage of the new generation console hardware, and in this way, generating a bigger market for the genre. Or maybe he reinvents the genre altogether and finds a way to make something innovative. If the success of such a thing is confirmed, a "Greatest Hits package" may see the light of day.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

kitano wrote:Unless of course that Kojima does a new interactive comic - type game after the Metal Gear series, and in such case, there may be a possibility of an accessory re-release. Who knows? Not an interactive comic like Snatcher and Policenauts, but a new type of interactive comic, taking advantage of the new generation console hardware, and in this way, generating a bigger market for the genre. Or maybe he reinvents the genre altogether and finds a way to make something innovative.
That's what I'd like to see happen. I think the collective fan community needs to stop bugging Kojima about sequels so we can see some cool new original stuff.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

Modnar wrote:Get the saturn version cause i believe thats the version being translated.....but hell its doesnt hurt to buy the others.
Artemio is dumping the text in both the PSX and Sega saturn versions. That makes me believe he intends to translate them both. Rejoce Die Hard Playstation fans! Sega Saturn SUCKS! :grin:
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

You know, the Sega Saturn version of Policenauts is better than the PlayStation version.