Anyone ever seen this?

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Anyone ever seen this?

Post by Missing »

Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

It is the design of the supposed to be english release that never was. I had seen it a couple of times.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

I wish it was real
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

So that design was official then, and not some fanboy's imagination? They might've gotten pretty far along in the translation if they already had a planned boxart design, don't you think?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

The whole thing is kind of a mystery. You have that piece of art (which was shown in EB flyers, too), and you have the announcement to show the game at E3 '96, but then in August '96 in an interview in Japan Kojima said they had several discussions about localizing the game but weren't able to for technical reasons. So I think the box art was maybe to get publicity going while they still tried to work out the localization, but then they quietly stopped talking about it when they decided not to localize it.

There have been no pieces of evidence to support the "X% complete" translation rumors. In fact, the number seems to change all the time. Sometimes it's 75%, then 80%, then 90%... I don't think they ever actually started to translate the text, they just started to get some early publicity going while they still thought the game was going to go ahead.