policenauts in english

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

We need to make a whole "The Chronicles of Ratperson" section. That would be interesting. We could do a cartoon and he could do all the voice-overs.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

8bitsonic, please stop reviving his old threads, this will only cause more spam.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
8bitsonic
Major
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.

Post by 8bitsonic »

Yeah, I'm sorry. I was a bit late in the game on this one.
Junker_05
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: At the moment, Team Fortress 2.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PSone)
Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (PSP)
Policenauts (PSone)
Snatcher (Mega CD)

Post by Junker_05 »

OtakupunkX wrote:We need to make a whole "The Chronicles of Ratperson" section. That would be interesting. We could do a cartoon and he could do all the voice-overs.
That is actually a very sweet idea!
"Don't get even - GET MAD!" - Joker, Batman: The Killing Joke
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

Junker_05 wrote:
OtakupunkX wrote:We need to make a whole "The Chronicles of Ratperson" section. That would be interesting. We could do a cartoon and he could do all the voice-overs.
Who's "he"? Ratperson? How would we get him to do it? But if you meant me, then yeah, I'd love to do the voiceovers! :eek:
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

8bitsonic wrote:
Junker_05 wrote:
Who's "he"? Ratperson? How would we get him to do it? But if you meant me, then yeah, I'd love to do the voiceovers! :eek:
I meant Ratperson. If you wanted to do the voiceovers as Ratperson then we could probably do some even more interesting things...
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

PM/IM me with your ideas, then. :smile:
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I've always pictured his voice as sounding like Napoleon's from Snatcher.
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

I've always pictured his voice sounding like some snotnosed twelve-year-old who doesn't know shit about shit but pretends like he does. Like remember the post where he asked you guys to crtique some "translated lines" from Policenauts? That would sound hilarious if you read it out loud.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

8bitsonic wrote:I've always pictured his voice sounding like some snotnosed twelve-year-old who doesn't know shit about shit but pretends like he does. Like remember the post where he asked you guys to crtique some "translated lines" from Policenauts? That would sound hilarious if you read it out loud.
I did my best with those lines. I don't know Japanese.
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

ratperson665 wrote:I don't know Japanese.
Then why would you attempt to translate it? Policenauts, like most any adventure game, is very text and dialogue heavy, and attempting to dub or translate it without having a deep understanding of the original Japanese text and speech would leave you with pure crap.
Last edited by 8bitsonic on Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junker_05
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: At the moment, Team Fortress 2.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PSone)
Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (PSP)
Policenauts (PSone)
Snatcher (Mega CD)

Post by Junker_05 »

Indeed. If all you guys made a flick about this, I'd watch it for sure.

Freakin' hilarious.
"Don't get even - GET MAD!" - Joker, Batman: The Killing Joke
ratperson665
Captain
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)

Post by ratperson665 »

Interesting. I'd be the first to watch that cartoon.
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

I always imagined his voice sounding like this guy I played Doom 3 with on Xbox Live one time who started talking about the Family Guy "movie" out of nowhere. This was before Family Guy was ruined for me by both Ratperson and this guy I work with who paces around the oven at my workplace ( I work at a restaurant, by the way) quoting the show and cackling to himself.

I feel sorry for both of them in my own strange way.
ratperson665
Captain
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)

Post by ratperson665 »

OtakupunkX wrote:I always imagined his voice sounding like this guy I played Doom 3 with on Xbox Live one time who started talking about the Family Guy "movie" out of nowhere. This was before Family Guy was ruined for me by both Ratperson and this guy I work with who paces around the oven at my workplace ( I work at a restaurant, by the way) quoting the show and cackling to himself.

I feel sorry for both of them in my own strange way.

I don't think "Family Guy" could be ruined for anyone. When was the last time u saw this scenario on "The Simpsons": Peter needs to do a favor for the son of a powerful member of the mafia, so he asks, "What are you gonna make me do? Whack a guy, off a guy; whack off a guy 'cause I'm married!" Any show that can put a joke as tasteless as that on the air and get away with it has got to be a classic! (This is just my opinion; you're entitled to your own.)
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

ratperson665 wrote:"What are you gonna make me do? Whack a guy, off a guy; whack off a guy 'cause I'm married!" Any show that can put a joke as tasteless as that on the air and get away with it has got to be a classic!
Jesus christ, man, could you kindly refrain from quoting a random Family Guy episode for no reason and stating your ridiculous opinions about it on a Policenauts board? I'm a fan of the show as well, but damn, you don't see me talking about it around here.
Last edited by 8bitsonic on Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

Family Guy is dead to me, kiddo. I'm trading in my DVDs towards in-store credit at EB so I can pay off my Jet-Black DS Lite in a few weeks, unless I can get more money from that kid at work for them since his parents don't actually allow him to watch the show.
ratperson665
Captain
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)

Post by ratperson665 »

8bitsonic wrote:
ratperson665 wrote:"What are you gonna make me do? Whack a guy, off a guy; whack off a guy 'cause I'm married!" Any show that can put a joke as tasteless as that on the air and get away with it has got to be a classic!
Jesus christ, man, could you kindly refrain from quoting a random Family Guy episode for no reason and stating your ridiculous opinions about it on a Policenauts board? I'm a fan of the show as well, but damn, you don't see me talking about it around here.
It's a deal. I'll stop talking about "Family Guy".
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

ratperson665 wrote:I'll stop talking about "Family Guy" If you stop mocking me.
This is what I don't get. You always complain when we make fun of you on this board. What you never seem to realize is that we're mocking you because you spam all over the place, post things that have nothing to do with the topic or board, and you're just generally really annoying. You were banned for four days and it doesn't seem it did anything to you. You want me and everyone else to stop making fun of you? Take your crap to a different board. You seriously can't be a day over 12 years old, and when I was your age, I at least knew how to stick to the topic at hand on a forum.

Edit: Hah, it seems you edited your post while I was writing mine. My point still stands, though.
ratperson665
Captain
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)

Post by ratperson665 »

8bitsonic wrote:
ratperson665 wrote:I'll stop talking about "Family Guy" If you stop mocking me.
This is what I don't get. You always complain when we make fun of you on this board. What you never seem to realize is that we're mocking you because you spam all over the place, post things that have nothing to do with the topic or board, and you're just generally really annoying. You were banned for four days and it doesn't seem it did anything to you. You want me and everyone else to stop making fun of you? Take your crap to a different board. You seriously can't be a day over 12 years old, and when I was your age, I at least knew how to stick to the topic at hand on a forum.

Edit: Hah, it seems you edited your post while I was writing mine. My point still stands, though.
First of all I'm not 12. I turned 15 last week. I can understand why you thought that I was though. I have been acting like a 12-year-old for the last few months. Second I've been playing Kojima games since I WAS 12! I really hope you complete the translation project.
8bitsonic
Major

Post by 8bitsonic »

ratperson665 wrote:First of all I'm not 12. I turned 15 last week.
Ah, so you've finally stopped dodging the question of how old you are. If you're not lying and you really are 15, all I can say is...wow. I'm 15 myself and I don't act like you. I really don't know any people your age who are rabid Family Guy fans...that trait is better suited for a pre-teen, in my opinion.
ratperson665 wrote: Second I've been playing Kojima games since I WAS 12!
Uh, alright. What does that have to do with anything?
ratperson665 wrote:I can understand why you thought that though. I have been acting like a 12-year-old for the last few months.
You're still acting like one.

Edit: Again, you edited your post after I posted my reply. But for some reason you added a comment about how you hope "you" finish the translation project. Who are you talking to? Me? Because I have no involvement in the translation project. If you're talking to someone that does, well, we're all hoping for the best.
OtakupunkX
Second Lieutenant

Post by OtakupunkX »

8bitsonic wrote:
ratperson665 wrote:First of all I'm not 12. I turned 15 last week.
Ah, so you've finally stopped dodging the question of how old you are. If you're not lying and you really are 15, all I can say is...wow. I'm 15 myself and I don't act like you. I really don't know any people your age who are rabid Family Guy fans...that trait is better suited for a pre-teen, in my opinion.
Not to get us further off topic or anything, but that guy at my work that obsesses over Family Guy is 17. I feel bad for him. Very bad.