Icons: Hideo Kojima

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Icons: Hideo Kojima

Post by DarkTetsuya »

For those of you that have G4TechTV:

ICONS HAS DONE A STORY ON HIDEO KOJIMA. I saw most of it but it will be on again tonight at 10:30PDT.

Don't miss it!

DT
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

yeah, last night the metal gear story came on
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

D'oh, actually it was an Icons for MGS, but eh... it was relatively informative (they even interviewed David Hayter (the voice for Solid/Naked Snake) about the MG games) despite the fact they skipped over Cyberpunk Adventure: Snatcher. :shock: They went from talking about MG2:SS to Policenauts without so much as a mere mention of Snatcher :( (And I don't think they even mentioned Lost Warld except for a small snippet in the beginning) Overall though, a very entertaining look at the series and the man himself.

DT
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

I didn't think much of it. I liked hearing about how Kojima got started in the industry, but the rest of it was just mindless praise. I didn't realize that David Hayter was one of the people interviewed though. I've never even seen the man up until now.
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Falcon

Post by Red Falcon »

I saw a repeat and one of the guys they interviewed bashed Snake's Revenge by saying "People who played Metal Gear (NES) will play this and be like what the hell is this? this isn't Metal Gear, it's a action game!"

They failed to mention MGS: Integral/VR Missions, (PSX) Metal Gear Solid (MG: Ghost Babel) for gameboy, and The Document of MGS2. Plus they barely covered Twin Snakes. while they said some faults about MGS2 like Raiden and the overly long cutscenes.

They did show a few seconds of footage of Kojima's other games at the end of the show like Snatcher, Policenauts, Z.O.E. I can't remember if they showed Botoi.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

Is there anywhere i can download or watch this on the internet? I dont believe we get that channel in the UK