Kojima: Producer of beatmania?

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Kojima: Producer of beatmania?

Post by Solidé »

One member from my Finnish Hideo Kojima forums posted this earlier, it seems that mr. Kojima has produced beatmania. I know there is MGS theme track in this game, but i never knew he is actually one of the game producers!

I'm very suprised of this new info. Especially because, i didn't find any topics like this here, nor anything about beatmania (except that beatmania club mix CD) from junkerHQ site, or Kojima game list gallery.
Attachments
beatmania, kojima
beatmania, kojima
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Yes he was producer on several games before Kojima productions. But I hardly considered those "Kojima Games"...

It might be nice to compile a list, but there are tons of them during that period, since that was his position at Konami at the time. I guess part of the deal, and I also believe that it is because that is the typical ladder to walk in a company.. before making stars out of directors.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Hmmm, you seem to have included ZOE on there though haven't you? Kojima was only the producer of that also.
Solidé
Captain
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.

Post by Solidé »

Henry Spencer wrote:Hmmm, you seem to have included ZOE on there though haven't you? Kojima was only the producer of that also.
Metal Gear Acids, and Thw Twin Snakes is also just produced by Hideo Kojima.
And i think there is even more. ;)

But Producer is very indefinite role in game/movie development.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Yes you guys are right, it is a very loose term. I tried to keep it simple and based my decisions on what Kojima productions lists as their games.

We know that Kojima was "just producer" of ZOE but we are also certain his team was very involved with it and that he was certainly backing up his team. All we know of other games is that he was producer. And since that is a role usually taken by the VP and executives, and he was filling that role during that time...

Even the Tokimeki games had his team involved, since they were using the engine developed for Policenauts. Not to mention he was way more involved in some of those (Producer, planner and drama director)

For instance, we know that he was the Producer for Twin Snakes, but we also know that during the sessions they were talking about other things and that he left it completely on the director's hands.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

I'd be curious to know what a drama director's role in development is?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Missing wrote:I'd be curious to know what a drama director's role in development is?
My guess would be the handling of the layout and flow of the story, though Japanese development titles can be a little hard to work out sometimes.
shidoni
Major
Kojima games owned: Zone of The Enders
Anubis: Zone of The Enders
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Policenauts (PS)

Post by shidoni »

Has any of the Tokimeki games ever been patched? I'd love to romance a digital asian chick.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

shidoni wrote:Has any of the Tokimeki games ever been patched? I'd love to romance a digital asian chick.
Not to my knowledge. I played the PS version and the whole thing isn't that interesting, to tell you the truth.
Solidé
Captain

Post by Solidé »

I've been always wondering what is these tokimeki games about?
What's the category of these games and is there anykind of story in them and so on...?

(sorry about little off-topic)
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

You basically play as a Japanese high school student who tries to win the affection of his childhood friend, though there is a multitude of girls you can woo instead if you so desire.

Gameplay consists of choosing areas to focus on, such as studying, appearance, clubs, etc. You'll bump into the various girls at school and elsewhere, and you can ask them out on dates or they can ask you. When you're out on dates (the park, the beach, shopping, library, amusement park, and so on), you can influence the girl's opinion of you depending on your answers to multiple-choice questions. There are also minigames based on sports events at school. The whole thing is quite tedious and I never found any of it compelling. The girl with whom you have racked up the most love points will confess her love to you at the end of the third year of school.

There's actually a Policenauts related tie-in with the PS and Saturn versions of ~forever with you~. I won't spoil the surprise, but have a completed save on your Memory Card when you play the Policenauts patch and you'll see what I mean.