I met Kojima

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
hybridtheory

I met Kojima

Post by hybridtheory »

I got my NES MG signed at citwalk tonight. I am glad I skipped class for the chance of a lifetime. I know that to webmaster probably has more stuff, but too bad Scott Dolph wasn't there.
I met the hideo kojima !!!111
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: I met Kojima

Post by Artemio »

hybridtheory wrote:I got my NES MG signed at citwalk tonight. I am glad I skipped class for the chance of a lifetime. I know that to webmaster probably has more stuff, but too bad Scott Dolph wasn't there.

Hey congrats pal, it is not about having more stuff. It is about enjoying what you got and the expertience. He is quite a nice guy, right?

Congrats and take care!
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

And.....?
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

He is a nice guy, when I showed him my MGS2 PP in the UK, he was really surprised and appreciated that I'd bought it along. He is quiet too, but he is really nice.
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I hope to meet him if he does a signing for MGS3's Japanese release. If anyone comes across a story mentioning one, please PM me in case I miss it...
OtaconX

Post by OtaconX »

On march ill go to visit Japan and what i have to do to meet him?
Biglife

Post by Biglife »

First, you have to find out where he lives, then you wait in the bushes...
Spartikcus

Post by Spartikcus »

Lmao. :lol:
Yeah I was wondering how I could meet him too.
Artemio, I'm sure you didn't just walk in to Konami asking for Hideo Kojima did you?
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

I actually write for a Video Game Magazine, I do all Kojima game reviews and ocasional articles. I also write scripts and contribute Kojima game material for the TV program for the same magazine, and the TV program/magazine had the meeting at Konami.

They are really nice people, but it was really a formal interview for the TV program, Scott Dolph was with us for about a full hour and Kojima Hideo was with us for about 15 minutes. They were actually very busy, but they were very kind and great hosts.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

In the pictures of your trip and meeting Kojima, what was the present you gave him? I really dont have a clue what it could be
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

It's a replica mask of a Mexican wrestler, Scott likes Mexican wrestling, as does Kojima I believe (feel free to knock me upside my head with the correct facts though Snatcher).
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Kojima had a face that read (to me) "what on earth is this thing they just game me?" and Scott was happy when we gave him the mask, he knew the fighter's name (Octagon) and also knew Kojima's fighter mask name (My guess is that Scott ended up keeping both, which is ok since he is a fan).
Last edited by Artemio on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

:grin: thats pretty cool, well, even if scott got both its the thought that counts
thagen

Post by thagen »

Haha. I was wondering about that too. On the picture it seems like Hideo has no idea what the hell it is. It has kind of a bondage look to it, so i know i would be a little weirded out if someone gave me that.
Johnny Nighttrain

Post by Johnny Nighttrain »

i also met him when he recently did the signing. here's what i posted previously at other boards...
so the signing went down today, thought i'd share some pics...

they opened up the mall today at 6AM to get the line started. i started camping out last night at 9PM. here's my "camp site"

Some Cos player dude that i eventually took pics with...

All Naturual. this guy wasn't fucking around.

Kojima and Shinkawa signing my shit.

they limited it to 2 items per person, but i manged to get 3 things signed. im guessing Kojima let it slide since i gave him a Joy Division box set on Mini Disc as a gift.

shitty part was that, even though Kojima was totally cool with it, the retarded managers wouldn't let me take a picture with him. after words i told Kojima that he better make a Snatcher for the DS, and he just laughed. but he laughed in a good way....i think there's hope :/

anyways, i wasn't satisfied with not having a pic with the man, so i rushed him twice, and had random strangers take pictures of me the second i posed. unfortunately for me, they didn't know how to hold the camera straight while taking a picture.

but yeah, that's pretty much it.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Yeah I met them for a signing in Tokyo last December - no one was allowed to take pics with them, but I snuck a few of the booth they'd setup.
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Suppose I may as well stick this in:
Attachments
No mullet for me then. I disappointed him.
No mullet for me then. I disappointed him.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Hey Johnny Nighttrain, Is that the image from the Snatcher Calendar? or did you get some othe rplace wheer the art looks like that? Great getting that signed, did he react to it? not many Snatcher fans out there I bet....

I'll dig in my HDD and see if I got all the pics.. I didn't upload many at the time, since the artiocle hadn't been published on the magazine.. but now I guess I can upload most of them

:D

I can see Scott was just back there... was he translating all questions or do you speak Japanese?
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Johnny Nighttrain wrote:i also met him when he recently did the signing. here's what i posted previously at other boards...
Welcome, Lucas!
Johnny Nighttrain

Post by Johnny Nighttrain »

it's not from the calander. don't remember where i got the art, but i wouldn't be suprised if it was from this place.

anyways, as to how he reacted, well, he was happy about the Joy Division box set.

anyways, as for what i had him sign. well, i'd say in the entire line, there was 1 or 2 other Snatcher things in there. everything was MGS stuff. it's a damn shame they didn't let me get more shit signed, or atleast a decent picture. i mean what the fuck, i was first in line. that's gotta mean something to someone.

anyways, i had a good amount of shit that i wanted him to sign. but being that Shinkawa was sitting next to him, i sorta felt bad that i didn't have anything to have him sign. so i sacraficed one of my other items to have him sign that Metal Gear Ray poster.

anyways, the Snatcher art is framed and is being displayed in my room.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

Would be cool to meet him, but i have no chance unless i travel to somewhere were he would be signing. He will never come to Ireland or Northeren Ireland. If i were to get 2 things signed by Kojima and Shinkawa, i would probably get Kojima to sign my MGS2 PP, or if i ever get it, the MGS3 PP, and something Policenauts related. Its something i havnt seen much of, Policenauts signed stuff. As for Shinkawa, i would have hi sign a Art of MGS3, and probably something whacky like the MGS2 Kubrick box, and i would bring presents for both of them and demand i get a piece of artwork from Shinkawa and have his and Kojima's signatures, so i could frame it and put it in my wall, but meah, i doubt i will ever get to meet him
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

If I could only get two things signed, it'd have to be the first two MetalGear games. If I could get another item signed by Shinkawa, i'd bring my MGS2 artbook.
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

A friend of mine got his Policenauts Art book from the Saturn game signed, real cool. I was going to get the Policenauts SP05 card signed, the special of all the 'nauts, but I didn't in the end, it was only one item per person.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

If I hadn't of gone on a last minute whim to see them, I woulda brought something for them, myself. Oh well.