A new interview with Jeremy Blaustein

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
The Hero

A new interview with Jeremy Blaustein

Post by The Hero »

This is part one (of two, i think) of a podcast interview with localizer Jeremy Blaustein. If you're a member of THIS forum, and is interested enough to click on this topic, i wont go into TOO much detail in telling you who he is, because you probably already know. :razz:

Anyway, he translated games like MGS, Snatcher, and other games. In this interview, he goes into detail on those games, and talks about for instance: Snatchers low sales, weird translations, and a few people working with Kojima, and Kojima himself. Blaustein isn't particulary shy about his opinions.

I think the news site where i first found the interview, Kotaku, describes the whole interview best:
NDAs sure make gossip dull sometimes! Former employees, though, make it oh-so rich. Jeremy Blaustein, translator of the first Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, gets frank as hell as he discusses things like trials and tribulations of voice recording, Snatcher's abysmal SEGA CD sales, Silent Hill ripping off movies like The Cell and Barton Fink. His thoughts on series creator Hideo Kojima?

"First of all, he [Kojima] is an auteur. From the very start, he has a large ego, which is a necessary thing in order to drive a large number of people to follow a project. You've gotta have a big ego and be sure you're right about everything."

That's not all! He also goes off on Kojima's "over expository nonsense" and dishes about getting panic attacks from doing MGS translations. Later, he talks about beating up the guy who recorded the voice acting for Castlevania: SOTN. He even says he would've worked on Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and 4 if he "would've kept his stupid mouth shut." Delicious!
I was a bit suprised when i heard the interview. I wonder if it's all true, or if Blaustein maybe just got off on a bad foot, and is overly bitter. Anyway, i'll let you guys see for yourself. Here is the link.

http://metalgearsolid.org/show_news.php?id=1218

Oh yeah, sorry if this link violates some rule, i was a bit unsure. And sorry if this was already posted. I looked for it, but i couldn't find it. And if it's in the wrong place, feel free to move it.
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box, and it will take care of you."
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
The Hero

Post by The Hero »

Oh ffffffffffffuck! :sad:

Once again, i am the bearer of old news and reposts.... Looks like it's the hole for me again...

*Jumps into a deep and dark hole in the ground, and awaits freedom.*
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box, and it will take care of you."
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

:lol:

Now your avatar really suits your persona in that post!