Favorite Kojima game music

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Osiris wrote:Please mark your spoilers!
Oh don't worry bud, thats been mainstream ever since the demo has hit the floors. Though sorry if its new you ya, and havn't seen alot of the blazzo passed over here and there :wink:

I usually move or edit spoilers, but I didn't see this as one though.

Hey, and by the way, nice to have ya here :D
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Yeah, it's nice to be here. :)

But like I said, I was only kidding. I'm not that anal, heh. Except when it comes to my anus.

ahahahaha as me too lol. I know its all jokes :wink:
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Osiris wrote: I like all the music from the Kojima games, really, but the one that stands out for me is The Best is Yet to Come, especially the instrumental versions scattered throughout the cinemas in the game (Snowfield, Ninja encounter during Rex battle).
It puts a tear to my eye everytime I hear it man. :cry:

Warrior Bob wrote: I can't place where exactly the Twilight of Neo Kobe track is from, but maybe that's because it's late and I have my speakers down low right now. Any suggestions on where I can hear the original?

Also, Ninja: I'm trying to learn to play the drums, and I'd be happy to back you up if you decide to flesh this (or something else) into a full-on song. Best of luck to you with this! It sounds good, keep it up.
Its the opening theme to Snatcher, with the view of Neo Kobe and the Credits rolling.

Here is a link to the original(Recorded from PC-88 version): http://www.geocities.com/ninja_kurosai/ ... eoKobe.mp3

That would be awsome if you could do the drum tracks, Im not into drums so I dunno if there is a type of tab for it or what, although Im learning to read sheet music, so I could possibly write it in that (if possible) :D [/url]
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

I have this exact version on my snatcher hearing album, but its lightly arranged. Havn't played the PC-88 version in ages. Nice Mr. Ninja :wink: The USA Sega CD edtion completley scraps Twilight of NeoKobe as I remember on the ending track
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Yes, they replace it in the intro with "One Night In Neo Kobe" which I do not particulary care for, at all.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

DarkTetsuya wrote:... apparently he was like producer or director or something like that for the well known music series. (And, in an ironic twist, both the theme from the original MGS and a track from MGS2 appear in beatmania as well.)

Say you don't happen to have an 'introduction' thread around here do you? Unless you do and I haven't found it yet :P

Awesome site btw :D Kojima's work is some of my favorite stuff. Snatcher, MGS, beatmania...

DT
Thanks for your comments man...

Yes he is producer of several games, since he is the VP of KCET.

About the introduction topic, it is the one titled "welcome2 in the General->Site

take care
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Tao

Post by Tao »

Really enjoy the ending to Sons of Liberty--'Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday'; it just fits...so well.
ジョン. ♪♪
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

Well, like I said I'm only learning the drums so don't expect anything special, but I think I could play that. Thank you for the MP3! The most difficult part will be dealing with the fact that my computer and drums are on different stories in my apartment. Hmmmm. I'll figure that out after I finish up the next round of midterm exams.

I think you're right that it wasn't in the Sega CD version of the game, I don't remember it. I must say though that I really did like One Night in Neo Kobe. I think it was because they used it for the intro, and the combination of images and sound really hit me just right. But then again, it might just be because I'm easily entertained :D
DarkTetsuya
Runner

Post by DarkTetsuya »

Snatcher wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:... apparently he was like producer or director or something like that for the well known music series. (And, in an ironic twist, both the theme from the original MGS and a track from MGS2 appear in beatmania as well.)

Say you don't happen to have an 'introduction' thread around here do you? Unless you do and I haven't found it yet :P

Awesome site btw :D Kojima's work is some of my favorite stuff. Snatcher, MGS, beatmania...

DT
Thanks for your comments man...

Yes he is producer of several games, since he is the VP of KCET.

About the introduction topic, it is the one titled "welcome2 in the General->Site

take care
You know, I didn't know that about Kojima-san... that's awesome though. I'll post in that thread soon.

Also, good luck with the Policenauts thing, I'd love to be able to play a patched version on PSX, as I have a gameshark-style device that allows me to play CDR's ;)

DT
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

I as well. I have a modded Playstation and would absolutely leap at the chance to finally play Policenauts in a language I spoke. That's gotta be quite a project though. I have the utmost repsect for someone with the technical know-how to do something like that. Assembly is far beyond me :)
Kami

Post by Kami »

My favourite game musics are:
Can't say goodbye to yesterday(MGS2)
Beyond the bounds(ZOE2)
Sudeki da ne(FFX)
And the ending theme of MGS wich I can't remember the name.
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

The end title is, well, The Best it Yet to Come
OtaconX

Post by OtaconX »

My favorite Kojima Game music are
METAL GEAR SOLID VR MISSION AND 2 SONS OF LIBERTY AND
SNATCHER SEGA SATURN CD AND MSX VERSIONS and my favorite titles
Twilight in Neo Kobe City
One Night in Neo Kobe CIty
Theme Of Snatcher Sega CD Version