Kojima Productions New IP Revealed Soon?

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Spike
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Subsistence
Zone of the Enders 2 : The Second Runner

Re: Kojima Productions New IP Revealed Soon?

Post by Spike »

Jack wrote:Once again the Metal Gear brand is still "Solid".
I would have liked them to drop the Solid for once. MGR > MGSR.
el_ash wrote:I mean they are still using "Solid" in the title, To me once you killed off Snake that title is now dead as well....It should just be "Metal Gear"!
The "Solid" part of the title mainly stands for 3D. Until they manage to make a game in 4D, get back to 2D or release another card-based game, it'll still be MGS.
JonnyTanna wrote:Unfortunately, the contract for 20 additional Metal Gear titles is true. I can't recall the specifics, but it was posted on thesnakesoup.org a few years back. The title of the news article was something like 'Do you like your snake whored?'

It's unlikely to be false, considering Kojima has never over worked a franchise as much he has with Metal Gear.

I'm going to contact Mr Ravi Singh to email me a link to the article since I can't seem to find it online.
Knowing Ravi's way of writing, wouldn't that be a hyperbole ?
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Dick Motorman wrote:

UGH

Dunno...that looked pretty cool. I think that the multiple snakes implied Co-Op...which could be pretty damn awesome, if you find some good players.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

This doesn't look so bad. They just better make sure that they're not overdoing the whole multiple-snakes thing.
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

Post by Jack »

Spike wrote:The "Solid" part of the title mainly stands for 3D. Until they manage to make a game in 4D, get back to 2D or release another card-based game, it'll still be MGS.
I know what the solid part stands for, but they can still get rid of it anytime if they want. It's not that any 3D snake game has to be solid. Ac!ds are in 3D and aren't branded Solid.

What I meant to say is... I wanted to have "Solid" dropped because I'd like to think the fourth one was really a closure of something. A Metal Gear reboot would have been better than scavenging on the same old events.
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

Jack wrote:
JonnyTanna wrote:Unfortunately, the contract for 20 additional Metal Gear titles is true.
Thanks, I would really have a read to the article. When exactly the counting starts? I mean, 20 more after MGS4 or 20 more since MGS (1998)?
The article was written just after Snake Eater was released, so I'm guessing after 3. I contacted Ravi Singh (of thesnakesoup.org) and he said this is all he could find for now:-

http://www.thesnakesoup.org/?section=an ... dex&t=1171
http://www.thesnakesoup.org/?section=an ... dex&t=1109

His site was taken down around 2005, and it seems the articles have gone with it. I've contacted him asking to try to retrieve the old articles, so I am awaiting his reply.

I think Mr Kojima still wants to make great games, he's just a little amateurish when it comes to originality and storytelling.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

Oh yeah I forgot about the whole reason for "Solid", but I agree with "Jack" about why I feel it shouldn't be used with the NEW games.

Now just imagine if Kojima would have made an awesome character that we all loved and accepted like we do Snake?
Then I wouldn't be so dissapointed to see another MGS...but instead we get Raiden...Who I have mixed feelings about.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
cacetete

Post by cacetete »

big boss is cool
they could make dozens of games just like mgs3 with the same engine and big boss and i would play. but in ps2 or ps3. psp sux :(
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

cacetete wrote:big boss is cool
they could make dozens of games just like mgs3 with the same engine and big boss and i would play. but in ps2 or ps3. psp sux :(

you're the cancer that's killing metal gear.
krelian

Post by krelian »

for what it's worth
live blog now
http://e3.g4tv.com/e32009/pressconference/konami/16/

-Raiden game confirmed multiplatform PS3+shitbox
-in total 4 more title, including Metal Gear Arcade :? , apparently a coin-op
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

And as expected.. no new IP, just milking the cow again and again...

And the Castlevania, he is not even really directly involved... it felt as if it just ended up in his lap.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Omega579
Runner
Favorite Game: Street Fighter II
PSN: Omega579

Post by Omega579 »

Really disappointing E3 coming from KojiPro. Kojima seems to have gotten his balls cut off with all this Metal Gear stuff and this Castlevania thing. Disappointing but not unexpected. Oh, well. At least we can look forward to Policenauts.
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

Sorry to sound pissed....but what in the fuck happened to Kojima and Koji Pro? Honestly?

I was really hyped up for a FPS of some kind from kojima, since he was touring the best FPS game makers here in the states.
That could have been a great new IP, He could have revolutionised some new FPS genre or something?

Then Project S with Suda 51, That would have been awesome!
Anything between Kojima and Suda 51 would kick-ass, but that seems to have dissapeared.

Now all that we have left is a shitload of MGS knock-off games that Kojima has very little to do with coming out instead.
I hope this new IP "Mask" is the greatest game ever or something...
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Artemio wrote:And the Castlevania, he is not even really directly involved... it felt as if it just ended up in his lap.
The irony... MGS fans wanted Kojima a completely new IP, or at least a strong reboot of the series (new characters, new setting), and instead we get a mishmash of sequels/prequels...

And Castlevania gets a complete reboot.

@ el_ash: sorry, "Mask" was just the codename for eurocastlevania skinjob of God of War.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Now, if Shuyo Murata was to direct this new Castlevania.. that would be good news.

Here's the trailer, it is interesting. I can't deny at least that:

http://kotaku.com/5278059/whip-it-with- ... ow-trailer
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

Jack wrote:
Artemio wrote:And the Castlevania, he is not even really directly involved... it felt as if it just ended up in his lap.
The irony... MGS fans wanted Kojima a completely new IP, or at least a strong reboot of the series (new characters, new setting), and instead we get a mishmash of sequels/prequels...

And Castlevania gets a complete reboot.

@ el_ash: sorry, "Mask" was just the codename for eurocastlevania skinjob of God of War.
Ah yes I found that out shortly after posting.....
I was really hoping for a completly NEW IP or Snatcher title....oh well....thanx alot Koji Pro.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

It was obvious it wouldn't be... Snatcher is not profitable as Metal Gear is. Just look at the merchandise, the collectors, the fan sites, the forums, etc.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

I'm kind of disappointed with all this, as most of you are, but well... at least it's not just Metal Gear games.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

that "Castlevania" game is a joke, they just slapped that title on it so it will sell.
Omega579
Runner

Post by Omega579 »

This Castlevania game reminds me of those movies that have Quentin Tarantino presents in front of a movie title hoping it would sell more tickets.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Dick Motorman wrote:that "Castlevania" game is a joke, they just slapped that title on it so it will sell.
True... and it is not just Kojima's name.. it is Castlevania's name as well, it wasn't part of the Castlevania series last year.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
epitaph
Runner
Favorite Game: Deus Ex
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (SCD, US)
Policenauts (PC-98)
Policenauts (3DO)
Policenauts (PS1)
Policenauts (Saturn)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1, EU)
Metal Gear Solid: Integral (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PC, EU)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2, US)

Post by epitaph »

Ha! I remember arguing, on these very forums even, that a new Snatcher game (or any new/revived forgotten IP) would never be made given the current industry climate. I haven't seen anything since that would lead me to hold a different view (not that I personally wouldn't want a new Snatcher, but that's fairly irrelevant).

I wasn't exactly disappointed with the announcements, mostly because I had no expectations going into it. Mainstream games production is entirely uninteresting these days.
"The west, so afraid of powerful government, now has no government. Only financial power."

Localization, not translation.

It is a title screen.
Something pushes a button.
Omega579
Runner

Post by Omega579 »

So is anybody here considering not getting any of these games? I'll probably still get Rising and Peace Walker, but i'll just treat them as regular games and not put them into any high standard.
DOTL
Favorite Game: MGS
Kojima games owned: MGS PSX
MGS VR
MGS Twin Snakes GC ~ sold
MGS 2 PS2
MGS 2 Substance PS2
MGS 2 Substance PC
MGS 3 PS2
MGS 3 Subsistance PS2
MGS 4 PS 3
MG-GB GameBoyColor

Post by DOTL »

we´ll, I´ll get Rising, its coming for PC, thats a ood thing since I don´t have a next gen console.
I don´t have a psp, but its a long time till PW comes out.Im sure until then, I´ll have a psp (again).
but this time around, a used one, only for a few bugs. When the PSPgo will be released, psp and pspslim will be worth nothing more than 60€ or so
you can get them now for 80 or 90 €
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

I'll probably only get Rising, and that depends. It must convince me it is a good game.

I never got Portable Ops, and won't get Peace Walker.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Jack
Runner

Post by Jack »

Artemio wrote:I'll probably only get Rising, and that depends. It must convince me it is a good game.

I never got Portable Ops, and won't get Peace Walker.
I got the first P.Ops. The cutscenes were cool and the story was intriguing, but the controls were poor, especially if you like me appreciate a no kill stealth course. So I quit playing it at the first boss.

However, the trailer for Peace Walker spurred some interest in me - may have been the quotations regarding war; or perhaps it's the idea that Kojima maybe wants "revenge" for not being able to recreate a satisfying experience on that handheld:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-ko ... ace-walker

Whatever it is, there's already a great effort to "erase" the bad memory of P.Ops at work. All the E3 press reports call PW "a sequel to MGS3", carefully not mentioning P.ops.

And the Kojima Production webpage goes even further: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2009/en/

Calling it "the first official "Hideo Kojima Game" for PSP". I thought this was retcon or plain fraud, but yeah, I checked my P.Ops box and indeed that was not branded "A Hideo Kojima Game".

All this for saying that yeah, I'll probably concede a chance to Peace Walker