Kojima Productions New IP Revealed Soon?

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Anubis
Runner

Re: Kojima Productions New IP Revealed Soon?

Post by Anubis »

As much as I hate to say it, and I never thought I would, I'm ready for Kojima to move on. Let the Metal Gear Series die. I wasn't all that impressed by the conclusion that MGS4 offered, but I'll take it if Kojima will just move on.

I'm ready for a new IP, I'm ready for another Zone of the Enders, I'd like another Boktai.

All this is irrelevant, I'm going to play whatever the game is of course, but I'd still rather have something new.
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Big Boss In The Heart Of Danger

Post by JonnyTanna »

It's true, the conclusion was bad.. I was happy they brought big boss back.. but Johnny Sasaki Marries Meryl? All that hammering and reminding us of previous scenarios? Lack of subtlety? schmultzy scenes!! I hate schmultz so much and they had to drill it into MGS4.. Yea, let it die Kojima.. bring on Project S!

Shame Killer7 had some schmultz in it to... why do these clever bastards have to ruin good things with cheese and schmultz?

Anyway, enough of my tangents on how much I hate schmulty, cheesy, corny moments.. Let's just stop speculating and wait until Sunday.. Speculating makes people waste time sitting on the edge of their seats, getting their hopes up..

Ps. When I say reminding us of previous scenarios, I mean the fact that they just constantly hammer it in about previous events, not just only mentioning pas events once, but constantly.. They shouldn't placate the audience so much.. if they've missed the previous episodes, they should go back and try them out...
Last edited by JonnyTanna on Sat May 30, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cacetete

Post by cacetete »

reminding old scenarios?
they are ALREADY doing this with this big boss/snake character in the flash and the game isnt even released yet.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Re: Big Boss In The Heart Of Danger

Post by Dick Motorman »

JonnyTanna wrote:It's true, the conclusion was bad.. I was happy they brought big boss back.. but Johnny Sasaki Marries Meryl? All that hammering and reminding us of previous scenarios? Lack of subtlety? schmultzy scenes!! I hate schmultz so much and they had to drill it into MGS4.. Yea, let it die Kojima.. bring on Project S!

Shame Killer7 had some schmultz in it to... why do these clever bastards have to ruin good things with cheese and schmultz?

Anyway, enough of my tangents on how much I hate schmulty, cheesy, corny moments.. Let's just stop speculating and wait until Sunday.. Speculating makes people waste time sitting on the edge of their seats, getting their hopes up..

wait you LIKED the resurrection of Big Boss?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

At least that new Mask site gets my hopes up =)

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mask/

We'll see. I wonder whart the age has as a factor for the site?

From the Action Script withing the flash it seems that it shows something from 6 to 18 hours and something different during the rest of the day (the two masks most probably).

onClipEvent (enterFrame)
{
date_obj = new Date();
time_h = date_obj.getHours();
if (time_h >= 6 && time_h < 18)
{
_root.gotoAndStop(5);
} // end if
}

This might imply something related to game mechanics and time.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

Screw the Metal Gear site, I want to know more about Mask!
Well, only until they confirm it's PS3 exclusive, after which point I'll lose complete interest.

6h to 18h mask:

18h to 6h mask:

It's basically the same mask, only deteriorated. If you place one on top of the other, you get this:
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

Yea, I did like that they brought back big boss, even though it was completely contrived and completely implausible. I was happy to see him.

Weren't you?
Solfieri
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 4
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid

Post by Solfieri »

Dude Kojima is melting my brain =S

So, we are here then working with 3 hipotesis, MGS5, Snatcher or a new title related to metal gear, right? hum... everything except the good sense points to a new metal gear (maybe Metal Gear Existence?) game. Maybe Snatcher is there just to draw atention off.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

I'm gonna say it.

New MGS on PSP. Bet on it.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Aardvark Soup

Post by Aardvark Soup »

Didn't Kojima say he was working on two titles? Maybe those are the new Metal Gear and this 'mask' thing. I certainly am curious.
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

These started happening since May 28th, but I'm just going to summarize them here.

The Kojima Productions logo at the bottom of the NEXT website changes into the Mask from time to time, as seen here:

Also, there's now the "Raiden look-a-like" character flashing and more letters, namely C, O or 0 and 6, which leaves us with:
5 or S; E; e; 3; R; P; C; O or 0; 6.

That guy(?) is looking less and less like Raiden to me...
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
The Hero

Post by The Hero »

Normally, I don't look through theories or make my own, concerning upcoming Kojima games, but there is one thing I'm curious about...

Assuming that the countdown sites concerns the next MGS game, I wonder if Time will be a factor in the game. Like with MGS3 and 4; when both games were announced, we knew pretty much next to nothing about the games, we only saw Naked Snake/Big Boss surviving in the jungle and using camoflauge in the first MGS3 trailer, and that became an essential part of the game. And when MGS4 was first announced, they only showed us that we would be right in the middle of the battlefield and having less places to hide than before, and sure enough, that became a part of the game.

Maybe we'll only have a set amount of time to complete the next MGS game, or maybe there will be certain missions where time will be a factor... Or maybe Snake will need to use Otacon's latest invention: A TIME MACHINE POWERED BY NANOMACHINES, FRIED EGGS and CIGARETTE BUTTS!! AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, BRILLIANT!!!!!! :P

And speaking of the site, it's changed again; now the weather on the site is sunny and bright, and the only thing flashing (as far as I know) is something that looks like an 8. :/
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box, and it will take care of you."
Cyan Garamonde
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: SoL
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: SE
Metal Gear Solid 3: Substinence
Metal Gear Solid 4
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

Post by Cyan Garamonde »

I think the '8' has at least two meanings in this context. It's practically the kanji character 日, meaning sun. Which is fitting, since the sun is seen in the background.
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

Only 5 hours left :)
The Mask site continues the same. I'm almost sure "NEXT" and "MASK" are unrelated games/things.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Re:

Post by Dick Motorman »

JonnyTanna wrote:Yea, I did like that they brought back big boss, even though it was completely contrived and completely implausible. I was happy to see him.

Weren't you?
no, no way.

also an interesting thing, the trees on the side are back to Gillian.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

God fucking damnit...the thing's gonna end while I'm at work...total bullshit.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

seraphssavior wrote:God fucking damnit...the thing's gonna end while I'm at work...total bullshit.
eh you'll get the news anyways, depending on if anything special actually happens.
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

Just confirmed in the Microsoft conference at E3: the guy in the pics is Raiden.
They showed a teaser of the game, it's called Metal Gear Solid Rising, the subtitle is "Lighting bolt action" and the only meaningful words are "Raiden is back". Apparently it's going to be XBOX 360 exclusive.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Just to add an image:

As many of us though, the Raiden part.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

A lot of people are confused about that...some people are saying it's exclusive, and some people are claiming that Kojima came out after the exclusives were listed...I'm hoping for multiplatform.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

good lord...
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14276686.html

PS3 site has it listed...don't know what that means, but come on...the flame wars have already started on Gamefaqs.
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

seraphssavior wrote:http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14276686.html

PS3 site has it listed...don't know what that means, but come on...the flame wars have already started on Gamefaqs.
"but the Metal Gear franchise soldiers on without Snake and without series creator Hideo Kojima at the helm."

Did Kojima say he wasn't going to direct this Raiden game?
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

I had a little hope, and a little respect left for Kojima after 3 and 4... but now... I just don't know.
Ghost
Favorite Game: Difficult, I have so many
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (MSX2)
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (MSX2 original :D)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid (Gameboy Color, that's Ghost Babel;) )
Metal Gear Acid

Boktai (European)
Boktai (Japanese)
Boktai 2 (European)
Boktai 2 (USA)
Boktai 2 (Japanese)
Boktai 3
Lunar Knights

Hopefully soon Snatcher Mega CD

Post by Ghost »

I just found out about the new MGS game on a Dutch game site, I guess just like how I parted with the Star Trek franchise when Enterprise came out and now that new Star Trek movie, this new MGS is the one that makes me part with the Metal Gear franchise.

I fortunately still have MG2: SS and MG: Ghost Babel, but for me the series is now dead as is the Kojima who once made games like Snatcher, Solid Snake, and the Boktai games.