New MGS confirmed, and on the 360.

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

New MGS confirmed, and on the 360.

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

Well, at E3 today Kojima did in fact confirm the production of his new MGS game, and he also confirmed that it will be on the Xbox as well. In my opinion there isn't much he can do to fuck up the series further than he already has. From what I heard at the conference, it will be Raiden fighting alongside a young Big Boss, seems like he kept his word by not involving Solid Snake once again, but it is yet another prequel. Fucking Kojima! Why can't he just leave this fucking series to rest and move on, instead he chooses to drive it into the ground and leave all us old school fans to watch our beloved saga burn. God damn it.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Re: New MGS confirmed, and on the 360.

Post by seraphssavior »

...you're wrong on so many levels. When the hell did they announce Raiden fighting alongside a young Big Boss? There's another announcement tomorrow, and NOTHING has been revealed plot-wise.

The only thing that tomorrow will see is the new MGS on PSP, supposedly called Peace Walker. This one is the PSPrequel that you're confusing Rising with...Big Boss on PSP, Raiden on PC/PS3/360.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I don't knmow where you got the Big Boss part from that small conference... but

We are discussing this on this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=33559#p33559
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:Why can't he just leave this fucking series to rest and move on, instead he chooses to drive it into the ground and leave all us old school fans to watch our beloved saga burn.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Lol, Dick, I meant people who liked it the original way Kojima wanted it. Before MGS3 and 4. And maybe even 2 if you'll go that far.
seraphssavior wrote:...you're wrong on so many levels. When the hell did they announce Raiden fighting alongside a young Big Boss? There's another announcement tomorrow, and NOTHING has been revealed plot-wise.

The only thing that tomorrow will see is the new MGS on PSP, supposedly called Peace Walker. This one is the PSPrequel that you're confusing Rising with...Big Boss on PSP, Raiden on PC/PS3/360.
I may be getting them mixed up but the console version isn't going to be multi, its exclusive to 360 isn't it?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:I may be getting them mixed up but the console version isn't going to be multi, its exclusive to 360 isn't it?
An exclusive was never announced or confirmed, we'll see tomorrow for sure. But from the wording during the MS conference, it seems to be multi (very careful choice of words),
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

It's already been confirmed by several people that it's coming out for PC/PS3/360
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Well, I have to say the Sony Conference kicked ass but gave little in the way of info on the MGS series, except for announcing the PSP game. I did find that motion sensor demo pretty fucking hilarious.
Nitroadict
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear I
Metal Gear II
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid II
Metal Gear Solid III
Metal Gear Solid IV
Metal Gear Solid Mobile
PSN: Nitroadict

Post by Nitroadict »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:Well, at E3 today Kojima did in fact confirm the production of his new MGS game, and he also confirmed that it will be on the Xbox as well. In my opinion there isn't much he can do to fuck up the series further than he already has.

From what I heard at the conference, it will be Raiden fighting alongside a young Big Boss, seems like he kept his word by not involving Solid Snake once again, but it is yet another prequel. Fucking Kojima! Why can't he just leave this fucking series to rest and move on, instead he chooses to drive it into the ground and leave all us old school fans to watch our beloved saga burn. God damn it.
Are you kidding me? Peace Walker is practically a few steps away from re-making the first two Metal Gear's. Kojima even said Peace Walker was what he originally considered MGS5 to be (the inner MGS5, to paraphrase), so I hardly see how the franchise is being driven "into the ground", since MGS4 already came & went, which is the only game that comes after MGS2 when the series was originally supposed to end, meaning that MGs4 could be seen as stretching the story, where as Portable Ops & MGS3 was all about backstory, so even if the story ended at MGS2, I would be willing to bet MGs3 & Portable Ops would've been made anyway. Protesting about the franchise being run into the ground just seem late to the party, imo.

I wouldn't call anything regarding backstory "running the franchise into the ground", especially when we're talking about far more consistient folks here versus George Lucas' backstory "attempts" with eps I to III.

Even if the Raiden games turns out to be nonsense, it was a smart business move on the part of Kojima, since it's obvious the PS3 is varying between above mediocre success to stagnation, & he gets to fill in the rest of the gaps for fanboys with Peace Walker at the same time. It's pretty win-win, imo; the only thing that would make this better is if Peace Walker wasn't limited to the PSP & was released as a late-cycle PS2 game, or in the PSN store, & if the Raiden game for the 360 could possible hint at 360 online at some point.

And if this Raiden game turns out to be an interquel (between MGs2 & Mgs4 for Raiden's story), it's even smarter that they aren't butchering the MGS storyline by extending it further. Filling in the back history seems like the best thing they can do while taking time to come up with some original enough to warrant making entirely new games.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

Well, I think the whole problem of making fans like Big Boss as a hero instead of the villain he originally was, was all MGS3's fault. So I think MGS3 was part of the problem of running it into the ground. And the other part of it was MGS4 completely skewing the story to fit what the fans and marketer wanted. Like making up some bull shit story why CQC should be allowed in MGS4 instead of giving Solid Snake his original fighting style back, because people like CQC form MGS3 and wanted it in MGS4. Making it like MSG3 and making Big Boss be a good guy like in MGS3 just so the fans would buy it or they wouldn't bitch about it, trashing the original story in order to fit the demands of the fans or marketers, that is what I call running the series into the ground.
KOJIMASAN
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid (the whole series) DUH!!
Kojima games owned: MGS 1,2,3 and 4 ;) Finally got a ps3 again
Policenauts (ordered from japan waiting patiently for translation patch)
ZOE
SNATCHER (SEGA SATURN VERSION)
PSN: VAIOMANIAC
Xbox Live: VAIOMANIAC

Post by KOJIMASAN »

From what I heard at the conference, it will be Raiden fighting alongside a young Big Boss
Uh what how does that make any sense ??? Raiden fighting alongside a young big boss as far as I know Big Boss is older than Raiden.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

That was rumored speculation, and as you can plainly see if you read this thread, has already been dealt with.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

Dick Motorman wrote:
Commander_AK-47 wrote:Why can't he just leave this fucking series to rest and move on, instead he chooses to drive it into the ground and leave all us old school fans to watch our beloved saga burn.

reason for this post is still valid ^

I thought you liked mgs3 and 4, AK? Why the sudden change of heart? Not that I'm trying to defend either of those abysmal games. But I seem to remember you at least defending 4 in some fashion not to long ago.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

I said and still believe that is is a great game, truly I love it. But I never did and still do not condone what they did with the story. That has been my position all along.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:I said and still believe that is is a great game, truly I love it. But I never did and still do not condone what they did with the story. That has been my position all along.
But it hasn't. To be fair after everyone started picking apart what you said, you did seem to change your opinion but you still seemed to flip flop a number of times;
Commander_AK-47 wrote:what the hell r u talking about?! theres no reason for him to apologize! the story developed very well.
Commander_AK-47 wrote:DUDE!!! wat game did u play?
Spoiler:
big boss coming back
was everybodys dream and it was totaly possible he would be like 70 yeas old and im sure a man like him could still operate well over 80. and the story elements were all awesome there wasn't a single moment when i felt it needed improvement. no no no it was awesome no exceptions. the only bull shit i see is wat u wrote.
you went from that to this within a matter of one post
Commander_AK-47 wrote:I retract my previous statement and agree with you, MGS4 Strayed too far from the basis set my the original MG games into the contrary world of MGS3 and MPO. I really must have been drunk or something that day and I am really sorry about that. #-o
and then this
Commander_AK-47 wrote: somehow I said the opposite of what I believe. I really did like how the story turned out like I said but I shouldn't have disagreed with you guys because my feelings about the story are the same.
which kind of confuses me, did you mean your feelings on the story are the same as ours? Because that can't be what you meant.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I am genuinely confused as to what it is exactly that you think.[/quote]
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

You just proved my point, with this quote.
Commander_AK-47 wrote:I retract my previous statement and agree with you, MGS4 Strayed too far from the basis set my the original MG games into the contrary world of MGS3 and MPO.
When I first joined this forum, I was still in post game high from MGS4, I didn't realize until the time I posted that post what had happened to the story. Since then and even before then my feelings have been the same as I expressed in this thread, I just had trouble expressing them earlier.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:You just proved my point, with this quote.
Commander_AK-47 wrote:I retract my previous statement and agree with you, MGS4 Strayed too far from the basis set my the original MG games into the contrary world of MGS3 and MPO.
When I first joined this forum, I was still in post game high from MGS4, I didn't realize until the time I posted that post what had happened to the story. Since then and even before then my feelings have been the same as I expressed in this thread, I just had trouble expressing them earlier.
Didn't prove your point because right after that post you posted this;
somehow I said the opposite of what I believe. I really did like how the story turned out like I said but I shouldn't have disagreed with you guys because my feelings about the story are the same.
the last part in that post still puzzles me

but I digress, I'll just go with what you say now.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2

It says the same exact thing I'm saying now. It says I liked the story and the game but I saw clearly how Kojima strayed from the story of MG and do not condone that.
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dick Motorman »

I see what you're trying to say.