Konami Logo and FMV Intro have no sound

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
NightWalker2683
Favorite Game: Final Fantasy VI
Kojima games owned: Policenauts (SLPM 86048-9 "The Best")
Metal Gear Solid 4 (US LE ver.)
Snatcher (US Sega CD ver.)
Zone of the Enders (US ver.)
Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner (US ver.)
PSN: Nightwalker2683

Konami Logo and FMV Intro have no sound

Post by NightWalker2683 »

Hello,
Congrats and my humble thanks for the patch.

I noticed that the Konami logo screen as well as the intro video have no sound playing. I tried the ISO files via EPSXE and the sound plays. I also tried the CD i burned with EPSXE and again no sound. So this led me to believe it was the media. I used Memorex, Sony, Verbatim DataLifePlus....still no sound. I was curious how you made an CCD-->ISO image with Alcohol120 as I did not understand how you did that.

My Steps:

1. Ripped Policenauts "The Best" with UltraISO
2. Applied patch
3. Burned ISO with Alcohol 120% via Playstation Setting at 4x (lowest I get)

If you would be kind and tell me how you did CCD-->ISO with Alcohol120 so I can follow your instuctions. Thanks again

--Nightwalker2683
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Konami Logo and FMV Intro have no sound

Post by Artemio »

Hello, the kind of problems you describe are typical of a bad rip/bad burn. If I understood you correctly, your ripped ISO does work correctly. In that case the problem must be your burning step. I recommend you read the readme.txt file that is included with the patch and follow the supported procedure in order to get the same results we all have gotten so far.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
NightWalker2683
Favorite Game: Final Fantasy VI
Kojima games owned: Policenauts (SLPM 86048-9 "The Best")
Metal Gear Solid 4 (US LE ver.)
Snatcher (US Sega CD ver.)
Zone of the Enders (US ver.)
Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner (US ver.)
PSN: Nightwalker2683

Re: Konami Logo and FMV Intro have no sound

Post by NightWalker2683 »

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I've tried every known burning program except Nero. I will try with it next. I was wondering could me running Vista have anything to do with it, doubt it though as I would have seen it on here. This happened to me also with Persona 2: IS....no audio with Intro and in-game FMVs.....anyway I will read the instructions again and see if I missed a step. I will report :D

Edit:
Ok I finally got Disc 1 to work with Nero \:D/ I think it was the XA part, but doesn't make since for it not to work with Alcohol120 or MagicISO (MISO actually gives you the option, which I picked everytime)

Thanks again

--Nightwalker2683