MGS Peace Walker Product Placement

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Crimson Rex
Favorite Game: POLICENAUTS
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Snatcher.
PSN: CrimsonRex
Xbox Live: CrimsonRexGavMo

MGS Peace Walker Product Placement

Post by Crimson Rex »

From Axe body spray to Doritos chips, upcoming stealth game Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is wall-to-wall product placement. Game designer Hideo Kojima explains why.

"Concerning the current tie-ins, various things are being said in the news in the business sense, but I have singular reason," Kojima wrote via Twitter. "It's because I want to surprise players. If there's no surprise or freshness, then I'll stop the tie-ins. It's different from Hollywood-style merchandising."

So this is totally different from when actors or actresses hold products in movies. That is not surprising. The product placement in Peace Walker is incredibly surprising! Don't believe us?
Source: http://kotaku.com/5513122/metal-gear-so ... -explained

I gotta admit, not really suprised.
Dezu
Favorite Game: Final Fantasy VII
Kojima games owned: MGS The Twin Snakes
MGS2 Substance
MGS3
MGS4
MGS Portable Ops
Snatcher
Policenauts
PSN: DezuReborn

Re: MGS Peace Walker Product Placement

Post by Dezu »

They did this in MGS3 with Calorie Mates and in MGS4 with the iPod, but seriously, AXE and Doritos? I mean, I personally use both but this is lame.