Kojima and incest (Policenauts spoilers)

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Dezu
Favorite Game: Final Fantasy VII
Kojima games owned: MGS The Twin Snakes
MGS2 Substance
MGS3
MGS4
MGS Portable Ops
Snatcher
Policenauts
PSN: DezuReborn

Kojima and incest (Policenauts spoilers)

Post by Dezu »

Now don't get any dirty ideas, but I was just wondering... Otacon and his sister, Otacon and his stepmother, Karen and Jonathan... Maybe Hideo has some wrong fetish?
kankokujin
Favorite Game: Xenogears
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1-3
Policenauts
Snatcher
Zone of the Enders 1-2(Is that Kojima?)

Re: Kojima and incest (Policenauts spoilers)

Post by kankokujin »

You never know with Kojima. Don't forget the homosexual references between Vamp and Fortune's father, Raiden and the president, and Volgin and Raikov. Which also reminds me of his sexual portrayal of minors like Katrina and now, possibly Paz from Peace Walker. Well, you can see that in a lot of games and anime etc. from Japan. But perhaps this is the reaction he wants from us. He probably just likes to raise people's eyebrows for kicks.
JimboKudo
Major

Re: Kojima and incest (Policenauts spoilers)

Post by JimboKudo »

I think that the homosexuality bit is generally just supposed to make the characters more quirky, and, in some ways, possibly reference groups such as the Brown Shirts. I don't think he is attempting to portray them maliciously, but I do think it's mainly for the quirkiness factor. The date with Paz in PW kind of creeped me out, and, I think it went a bit too far. It's one thing to have a younger character in love with an older guy, because it happens - younger people often times have crushes on older people in a more idolizing sort of way. Still, I think that it is taboo for a reason and as light-hearted as PW was about that (it was clearly supposed to be funny), I wasn't very amused. You could be right, maybe he's trying to illicit a certain response from the fans.